1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Goal to Earn $200/day at AdSense

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Kasparoff, Jun 20, 2005.

Guys, I am serious. I will work hard to achieve that goal; however, I need your help and advise how to do that. Every piece of advice for a blind cat in the dark room will be strongly appreciated!

Kasparoff, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    SHT likes this.
  2. samsam

samsam Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible, and really doable. You just need to have some nice (non spammy) content websites that generate tarffic, and then work to mazimize the adsense CTR and there you go :)

samsam, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Deffinatly content websites.. I have a non-content site that gets tons of visits, but very little revenue.. because the ads aren't really content oriented, because I don't have any content (www.thevirtualbrowser.com)

And, less tech-oriented sites usualy get a better CTR than tech-oriented sites, as many computer literate people don't click ads.

But it all really boils down to a lot of traffic, and a good site.

Good luck on your goal ;)

Josh

Josh, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  4. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I am thinking about targetting very competitive and expensive keywords where each click on Google AdSense ad may bring up to $10 per click.

5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:

Since my cutting edge song quotes have been reduced to the likes of REO and The Beach boys. Here's a real faggy one for ya...

"I like dreaming..."

noppid, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  6. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you need visibility, i.e. a lot of traffic. I would suggest that you start with some free press releases. I prefer prweb, but there are tons that offer free releases. This will help drive traffic to your site without any out of pocket expense. Next I would start submitting related site articles to sites that will accept them. Ditto for free classified ad sites. Some of these will also be good for free backlinks. Start submitting your sites to directories as well. And as stated ealier, have good content on your sites. IHMO

Jade456, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  7. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, Josh, I just looked at the very cool front page and, er, there are no ads....tough to make much without ads

lingeriediva, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  8. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:

Thats because nobody stays on the frontpage, I was getting maybe 0.0001% CTR.. and it just made it look cluttered. The ads are on the pages people browser.

Josh

Josh, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  9. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lingeriediva - I didn't see any ads on your site either...

...didn't have time. Saw plenty of skin then blinding white light as my dinner plate was promptly bounced off my head by my lovely wife who had happened upon me gazing at at a website which was clearly not the sort content in which she was interested in sharing.

hmmm...note to self...purchase 1 pair of "Heart shaped Panties" for our aniversary next month...

Epica, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  10. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    problem is that a lot of people are targeting those keywords, so ranking well and getting the traffic will be VERY difficult. Better to go with the less expensive ones, but with better luck getting ranked and seen.

wendydettmer, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  11. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Would anyone like to share his or her experience of success in AdSense? I've heard that some people make A LOT with this system and it is still quite fresh and non-competitive.

12. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should focus on trying to build a good website that people want to visit then the outcome will be that you can make some money from it. If you focus on making money and worrying about getting visitors then you have it upside down.

If you pick something that you have an interest in and can write about it will produce a better site.

riziko, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  13. Sjorritsma

Sjorritsma Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a hobby???

Make a website about it.

Content is the way.

For example my girlfriends Dutch sewing site. Lots of visitors and the pay per click is good and we have no real competition.

http://www.hobbydoos.nl

Sjorritsma, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  14. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Critters, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  15. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been online for almost 5 years with my site(s), Ive tried prweb press releases twice (the paid releases), no traffic increases at all.

I have currently (this morning) over 14,000 sites linking back to me, using (link popularity check software), probably true since i have software and submit each title to over 200 download sites, so that gets a lot of links back over the years.

I have adsense on each software titles page, almost 50 titles and still growing.

Many of my titles are and have been in the #1 spot on google search, for a long time.

Still..... hardly no traffic, very little with adsense of course..... so I don;t know what the way to go is. Seems one needs a rare content site that everyone wants to visit ? But how does one find that, and make it a site you enjoy working on each day, like I do with my software site.

I tweak and update daily, with no real traffic flow in almost 5 years.

So, how can one make $200 a day with adsense ? I just don't see it possible.

bluegill_catcher, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  16. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't post daily earnings, would be against the TOS, but I can confirm it is possible to make as much as around 6 to 10 times what Kasparoff is looking to get (a day), I also know and speak to one other GAS user daily who is also making 6 to 10 times.

You need around 200,000 visitors and 300,000 hits (a day) to get this *I would imagine* When I get paid I will be able to post my monthly earnings in £ and you can work it out from that.

17. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money with adsense is in theory pretty easy:
    Do your research - find keywords that people search for and make pages that target those keywords.
    If the keywords are in a topic that's your hobby then all the better.
    Saying that you should allways aim to work around something you know is all well and good. But it's not that simple.
    You're talking about $200 per day - that's not a hobby, that's a business. Look at it like a business.
    Businesses are planned, where as hobbies just tend to happen. You can make $200 per day from a hobby site, but the hobby has to be the right topic :)
    So if your hobby is on the wrong topic, change you hobby ;)
    If you're #1 for all your keywords, then you're targetting the wrong topic to make money - it doesn't matter a monkey's how good your pages are, if there aren't the people looking for that topic then you'll simply never get the traffic to get the ctr that will make that level of money.
    You need to sit down and think about it. G say you shouldn't create sites just for adsense. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do research and find keywords that might pay a bit and aren't overly competitive - then you design content relevant to those keywords.
    Researching content is pretty easy - we've got this huge resource called 'the internet' where you can find almost all the infomation you need to write about practically anything.
    My hobby site has over 1K pages indexed in Google, it's number 1 for most of it's keywords (and top 30 for the rest) yet it makes about $0.5 per day (on a good day), Why ? because there are very few searches in a month (never mind a day) for it's keywords.
    The sites I have that make money (or will when they get out of the sandbox) are on more searched for topics. Are they designed for adsense - sort of. Do they provide good information for the end user - yes. And that is I think the key, create sites that are on topics that are regularly searched for - so you can get the traffic - and you stand a chance of making the money.
    If you get enough traffic, you have other options other than just adsense.

The most important thing I think is that if you're aiming for $200 per day, then stop thinking about it as a hobby. Start thinking like a business man.
    1) do your research
    2) design the site to fit that research
    3) look for other ways to make money from the site - shoemoney did a good piece on this.
    4) never stop looking.

If there's a hot topic out there - or one that you think could be hot in a month or two. You need to be in aposition to take advantage of it. So, you need a generic domain where you can add almost any site quickly. By generic domain, I mean something that allows you to add folders on any topic without the url looking (or sounding ) stupid. Let's take a topic like "cheap loans" then take my cricket club site, plymouthcricketclub.com/cheap-loans would look stupid, where as something like information.com/cheap-loans doesn't look quite so bad.

For those that think there's easy money to be made, they're both right and wrong. Easy money tends to be very short term, which means you have to go back to work afterwards. But plan your business, run it like a business, and you can make long term income. Don't rely on just one income stream from a website - if the site crashes you're screwed. Get your thinking right, back it up with action, and the money will follow.

Sorry for the long ramblings, but there seem to be a lot of people here wanting to earn decent levels of income from hobby sites - that's very unlikely to ever happen.

jlawrence, Jun 21, 2005 IP
    SHT likes this.
  18. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    "Easy money tends to be very short term"
    Very true, need to have some long burning sites and the odd fast burner to give you a boost (some money in the bank for a rainy day)

"to earn decent levels of income from hobby sites - that's very unlikely to ever happen."
    Depends on what you mean by a hobby site? A site that you make for fun where people go to have fun?

19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    What most people think of when talking about a hobby site is a site based around something they tend to do of line.
    The generic domain is there for somewhere to throw up those fast burning sites.
    For long burning sites, they should really get their own domain (imho) - or if you have a very good generic then use subdomains.
    Other sites that are worth looking at are ones aimed at something that happens regularly - like "mothers day", "christmas" etc etc. You're unlikely to make money all year round with those kind of sites, but in the run up to xmas then an xmas site will/should make money. Again this requires people to stop thinking about their sites as a hobby. You need to start planning the xmas site months in advance (I've already started ideas for this years site) and it must be out there and ready to roll when the time comes. People spend more money at xmas than at any other time of the year - what shouldn't we have some of it :).

jlawrence, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  20. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    My own strategy involves planning for long-term income, not short-term - I'm expecting my newer content sites to do best in 1-2 years time, once they're finally developing a proper momentum through size of content.

I. Brian, Jun 21, 2005 IP