1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my friend Visa Card

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by boobi, Dec 8, 2006.

I got the information of a Visa card from a friend in Romanai,
    he was not sure it works just in Romania or worldwide

it has a visa number, verification code, expiration date etc.

but when I wanted to use it in a yahoo order I recived this error:

Unfortunately, there was a problem.

The information you provided does not match your bank's records. Please enter a valid credit card number, matching billing address, phone number and card verification number (if applicable) and try again.

since I never used Visa card I have some question
    what it means,
    how can I fill billing address and phone number
    how it matches the card and this information

is it possible that this card just work in Romania?

boobi, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    To use a credit card, you may be required as in the case above to get the billing address and phone number of the card holder. This would have to match that provided by the card holder to his/her bank.

Incidentally, only the card holder can enter the details of his/her credit card for purchase. You are not allowed to do so.

Some web sites would use the additional process of matching your IP address to the country of the card holder and if it does not match, they would reject the order.

Some places would only ship items to the card holder billing address only to prevent fraud.

eddy2099, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  3. boobi

boobi Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to get a domian by that card

boobi, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  4. MerchantTalk

MerchantTalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo like many others frown on using someone else's credit card. They typically check IP location, target the phone number, several techniques that can block a card. For example, the first six digits of a credit card, otherwise known as a bin number can tell the website what country the card was issued in, with that, many times websites will block high risk countries. My advice, get a prepaid credit card or use a third party biller.

MerchantTalk, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  5. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask your friend to buy one for you and then push the domain to your account. Thats effective and easy way...

agnivo007, Dec 10, 2006 IP