1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My friend said "sandbox does not exists, everyone who said it does exists are dumb.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sxperm, Jan 31, 2006.

Hi, I've talked about google sandbox with my seo experienced friend and he told me about gg sandbox that sandbox does not exists. All gg serps depends on what factors (about 300+) that site do matching with. If you made your site matches all gg factors 300+ at least 1 not 0 (Actually, I dunno what is "1" he said meant :confused: ) then you can archieve good ranking on gg. He also said that whom said about gg sandbox does exists mean he/she is dumb and focusing only linkback. He said that many factors can cause serps for any sites than sandbox and linkback.

All he said make me some confusing about sandbox theory. Does it exists or not? and what is that 300+ factors? Is he bluff me becuase I'm newbie in seo? Please give me your suggestion. ;)

Sxperm, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me guess: your "experienced seo friend" knows all about Google but as of now his newer sites only rank on yahoo and msn.

Liminal, Jan 31, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  3. Uban

Uban Peon

Best Answers:
    You say confuse me some sandbox yes.

Uban, Jan 31, 2006 IP
    Option6 likes this.
  4. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There may or may not a Google algorithm that directly prevents new sites from ranking high in search results, but there is definitely a "sandbox effect" by which search results are affected by age of content, links etc.

This patent application (filed in March 2005 ) indicates lot of ways in which "time" and "age" affects the score of individual documents.

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...ml&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20050071741

( Note Point 2,3,4,5,20,21,26,27,28,29,32,33)

sachin410, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can trust your friend, or you can trust Google's Matt Cutts - who helped write their algorithim. Matt Cutts has publically stated that google DOES have a filter that could be considered the "sandbox" but that google doesn't call it that. Cutts says it doesn't apply to all sites, but I believe it does apply to any competitive keyword. If you want to rank well for a word seldom searched for, then you might not be affected by the sandbox. If you want to make up a word, you won't have any problem ranking well for it.

The sandbox means google doesn't factor your backlinks when calculating SERPS. They show backlinks, they will pass PR, they just aren't counted for SERPS for a period of time that lasts at least 3 months - and others claim up to a year for certain sectors. While everything in the google patent might not be currently used, it is something that is worth a read.

Backlinks are only a part of the google algorithim, so it isn't impossible to rank well without backlinks, but since google places so much importance on relevant backlinks, it makes it virtually impossible to rank well for any competitive keyword without them being counted.

Ask you friend to show you an example of a new site that is less than 3 months old and ranking in the top ten on google for a competitive keyword - and don't hold your breath.

mjewel, Feb 1, 2006 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  6. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if the sand box does not exist, then whose box has my head been in for the last 3 months??

superpump, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've to believe with Matt Cutts if you say so, he is a part of who written google algorithim :D My friend still believes that sandbox doesn not exists. He has very confident himself about seo because he has many good directory sites that generate much revenues to him. But I still believes that "sandbox" or whatever its call does still exists. I've heard about this theory has been made for screen some big guys who launched many small sites and all of them have backlinks to main site and archieve good ranking in results.

My real estate directory is one of example. It has been launched for 1 month + 19 days and have some good results on msn with some keywords
    1. real estate directory online (#2-5)
    2. real estate directory (#58-60)

but those same keywords in google is my nightmare. Gone a million places in serps :)D just assumption, kidding)

Sxperm, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  8. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to assume that your friend does well (at least with a new site) by selling listings, not from income that comes from visitor traffic who are clicking on PPC ads running on their site? It's fine to have an opinion that something doesn't exist, but to convince me their conclusion is based on fact, they need to show me that they have a site less than 3 months old which is ranking well for a competitive keyword in google. If your friend can do that, then they have something to support their statement. If they can't provide any supporting examples, then......

mjewel, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  9. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    sxperm, I think your friend is right and not the only one that thinks this.

Emperor, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  10. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it effect new sites? or old sites that have started building heavy links?

Well it has been seen in both. Anyone who has been around a while in the SEO industry has seen the "sandbox" filter and know it does exist.

I personally dont think there is anyway humanly possible to avoid the sandbox filter for competitive keywords (at least not yet).

And if there is, then that person would keep it to themselves because not only would it be woth a ton of money, it would give them the ultimate advantage.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  11. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    It exists the proof:
    #1-#5 results for MSN and MSN UK
    #1-#5 results for Yahoo and Yahoo UK

allinanchor: #5
    allintext: #5
    allintitle: #5
    serp: nowhere to be found on google
    serp uk: 86-95 changing and never can pass 85 limit for 4 months.

Reason: Heavy linking(2000 links in 4 months) all did by me 5% moderately irrelevant, 95% relevant links all one way or reciprocal with quality sites.

That shows sandbox exists but and you can try this tool http://roberttaft.com/no_filter.htm to query google without the filter and see u ur real serp without sandbox, guess what i am #10 in google. Cause google has a bug beyong 9 words, it cannot apply sandbox try it see ur real serp.

Let's see how long will it take for my site off the sandbox. it's not fair cause my linking was not automated and it was hours of work, tbh 9hrs a day.

cenkbut, Feb 5, 2006 IP
    Las Vegas Homes likes this.
  12. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok. You never know it might be true. A few days ago I came across an article about google that stated they aren’t giving new sites a lot of priority. I think it was because of spam and other things, can’t remember. If you think about it this could be considered the sandbox.A time period in which to prove that your site is genuine.

Emperor, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  13. jwhyte

jwhyte Banned

Best Answers:
    My site (directoryrevolution.com) has good inbound links coming in and has been around for 9 months. I have more information and more relevant content then competitors that are coming up in front of me.. HEll YEA THERE IS A SANDBOX. Plus my domain name is new (9months) .. Now recordingplanet.net has come out of the box within 8 months and all I had was a Carp feed on the home page and a bunch of dead links and like 10 inbound links.. Once out of the box they gave me a PR 3.

Its a waiting game with google. Most sites dont make it after a year anyways so why include garbage in there results. Now some rookie sites are NOT garbage and this should be imporoved on within googles alg.

jwhyte, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  14. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe there is a sandbox and there should be one. in a compnay structure, you cant jump from entry level emplyee to VP in a month, you have to wait and earn it :)

alhoop, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  15. Swiss

Swiss Guest

Best Answers:
    Here is a theory, and a puzzle.

I would have to say that there is a sandbox
    Agree disagree, this is what I have experienced.

I have performed an experiment. This is the result.

My site is optomised for more or less one keyword.
    It is simple but competitive.

I am way down on that search. The site is 6 weeks old. I als optomised it for a keyword that is up and coming, with really only a dozen competitors. It shot to the less competitive #1 for a few weeks but now is number 20. There are only 20 competitors so, ok page two is ok.

OK NOW THE SURPRIZE

An old disposable site that isn't at all optimised for this keyword, nor should it be, that has a link to the new site on the front page has suddenly appeared at number #9. There is no anchor text for this, and it suggests that the outbound link may have something to do with it!
    Strange.

Swiss, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  16. Immorta

Immorta Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive personally never had to experience the so called sandbox and until I do im of the opinion that certain types of sites may get vetted before they are unleased... If anyone knows of a site they think is sandboxed can you PM me the URL so I can have a look for myself..

Immorta, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tell your friend he is dumb for simply suggesting that others are dumb.

qwestcommunications, Feb 20, 2006 IP
    Option6 likes this.
  18. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    And here is another quote of yours from http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=601902&postcount=3

Changed your tune, eh?

Liminal, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  19. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Here is absolute and unequivicable proof the Goggle sandbox does exist:

[​IMG]

Roman, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  20. jwhyte

jwhyte Banned

Best Answers:

LOL thats all the proof I would neeed!!!!!

jwhyte, Feb 22, 2006 IP