1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first website - I need tips for my online marketing.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Fury TNO, Sep 1, 2009.

Hi im new to internet marketing and to these forums. Im in the process of putting together my first website, which is related to health. I am looking to join an affiliate programme and drive traffic to my own site. My budget is really limited at the moment.

What is my best strategy for driving traffic to my articles and forums. There is no selling involved so I don't hold and distribute any products. My main concern is to drive traffic to my site and build interest in the information I provide.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    Fury TNO, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  2. StartupShortcuts

StartupShortcuts Peon

Best Answers:
    I would visit startupshortcuts.com it is a free service with hundreds of hours of internet marketing training. If you have budget you can start with Pay Per Click or Affiliate Marketing Advertising, but I would start with free strategies like twitter, link swapping, and forum and directory submissions.

StartupShortcuts, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might be well served by article marketing... writing unique articles and submitting them to ezinearticles dot com. I get very good response as well as nice backlinks using them.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. kingofjames

kingofjames Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Go to Ping.fm just like it is written..... ping.fm. Also go to Only Wire. You will need to place an OnlyWire button on your site and then you can use it to create backlinks to your site. Both services are free and build your site PR based on a few clicks. You will have to sign up for LOTS of free social bookmarking sites. But it gets your link out there and helps you build natural traffic. Take a look at ping.fm and Onlywire.com

kingofjames, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  5. Fury TNO

Fury TNO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys this information is fantastic.... Thanks a bunch. I have also discovered this and intend giving it a try. easyhits4u. sorry I can't add the .com at the end I haven't posted enough yet.

Fury TNO, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. bum_marketer

bum_marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely agree that you should post to ezine and all the other top article directories. The search engines will rank your page higher that way as well.

bum_marketer, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  7. kingofjames

kingofjames Peon

Best Answers:
    Post to ezine articles directories and you can actually ping your articles to help generate more traffic to your site. See.......you link to your site in your article then you use ping.fm and onlywire to ping your article which leads back to your website. Boost the views of your articles and your site both using these services......

Just a thought.

kingofjames, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  8. Fury TNO

Fury TNO Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I just spoke to my Colleague and he is reg on ezine articles so it looks as though we will be taking advantage of that. We shall also look to incorperate all of the above. :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    Fury TNO, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Others have already recommended article marketing and I just want to second it. It's a great way to drive targeted traffic. Don't expect to be flooded with visitors from a single article though. Generally it is very slow in most cases, but it is consistent and thats always good!

I would try to make some money somehow to give yourself a marketing budget. It doesn't matter if it's only $20.00 per month. That can at least be something to kick start your website. Good luck! :)

PHPGator, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  10. Beanz

Beanz Peon

Best Answers:
    One really powerfull technique is to get active on forums related to your websites topic. Set off some time to write a few good posts each day, and keep a good looking link to your website in your signature. Soon enough you will get some good quality traffic, because the readers already know what you stand for when they enter your site.

Beanz

Beanz, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  11. Fury TNO

Fury TNO Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah we have tested Only wire along with easyhits4u and we have achieved some amazing results so we are going to be monitoring that.

Thanks all....

Fury TNO, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  12. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging and Micro Blogging

Blogging and micro blogging are two of the best ways to attract new traffic and visitors to your website. I highly recommend setting up accounts on all of these websites especially WordPress for blogging and Twitter for micro blogging, because they currently are two of the most powerful marketing tools ever to hit the online money making community.

These sites below will allow you to publish great unique content easily and quickly to a variety of audiences and the best part most of these services are free! So if you want to great steady income and powerful websites to sell you should be looking into all these blogging platforms.

1. WordPress
    2. Blogger
    3. TypePad
    4. Xanga
    5. LiveJournal
    6. Jaiku
    7. Squidoo
    8. Twitter
    9. Tumblr
    10. Weebly

Candise, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  13. emmadean

emmadean Peon

Best Answers:
    You can join social community sites and try your best to achieve many friends with the same interest as you are. You'll see immediate results for sure.

emmadean, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  14. parkercent

parkercent Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above posters that suggested articles on ezine sites. I found that posting articles in the ezine sites really does work quickly, with just a few articles. Also, if there are any forums that relate to your topic. You might link to it in a forum sig, but you should make sure it complies with the TOS. For sales, there are lots of free classified ad sites online, such as craigslist but you can't spam, just do one city at a time.

parkercent, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  15. MagicShovels

MagicShovels Peon

Best Answers:
    If the content you have on your website is unique (as in you write it), then it can be marketed on social media websites.

Social media websites (like Digg, Mixx, Propeller, etc) bring in tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of visitors to your website without hours of hitting their front pages. That's what my company, MagicShovels, does. We market your content on these websites and get you on the front page with very high success rates. Not only do you get thousands of unique, targeted visitors, but you build thousands of back-links which are unbelievably for SEO.

If you'd like, fill out a form submission on our site: http://www.magicshovels.com/assessment.html and definitely mention you're from DigitalPoint in the 'how did you find us' field :)

MagicShovels, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  16. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should go after linkwheels with web 2.0 property services if you have a very limited budget.

bobbylove321, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  17. eSnoozer

eSnoozer Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your site to as many classified websites as possible. We offer free listings at eSnoozer.com. You can also promote through social networking sites.

Twitter would probably be the best for you and then possibly MySpace. You'd probably need to dedicate a few hours a day to social network marketing to build up links to your sites.

It's all really about submitting your link to as many sites as possible with a short description of what your site offers. In that way the search engines will pick it up in a variety of mediums.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    eSnoozer, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  18. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you installed google analytics to your website?

If yes, you could have seen for which keyword your website ranking good.

Check for that keyword's average monthly volume at https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Or, you can select a moderate competition keyword (usually long tail - 3-4 words) that is highly related to your website.

Build some backlinks using anchored keyword, dofollow, from high PR blogs and article directories. You can comment and submit articles to get a backlink from them.

You can see almost immediate (2-3 days) results on your website SERP ranking by doing this.

Make sure to do this at consistent level.

You can also, take part in Health related dofollow forums and add your website with appropriate anchored keyword in signature in as many health dofollow forums as possible.

You can find health dofollow blogs and health dofollow forums by simply search google.

I assume that you know how to check dofollow nofollow. If not, just hit the search button in DP, there are thousands of threads created about it.

atniz, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  19. Fury TNO

Fury TNO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thats some great info there thanks!!! yeah Our main portal has been put together using wordpress and this will continue for the life of the project. we shall also be twittering as this is the latest Phenomenon.

Theres some great info here and im gonna check out all of it... Thanks very much!

Fury TNO, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  20. Fury TNO

Fury TNO Peon

Best Answers:
    This is all going on too... obviously these forums help!

Fell free to add me anyone.

Fury TNO, Sep 5, 2009 IP