1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first $2,000+ adsense day

Discussion in 'Payments' started by gcarlson, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    This is still wonderful success in time of 2 years :)

Mong, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually 4. I think he said he made his first site in 02. Still a good job, though. A college education takes 4 years and Americans are lucky to make $30k per year after graduating with most degrees :rolleyes: so if you look at it from a time standpoint, 4 years isn't a bad investment to pull in $30k per month. I wish I would have spent all MY time in college developing and nurturing a few sites. Instead, I just developed and nurtured a bunch of hangovers.

sd2001, Oct 24, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  3. gcarlson

gcarlson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok guys, I will give you all one good piece of advice for building traffic. One thing that has helped me a lot is that I've been subscribing to the free email newsletter at http://www.publicityhound.com for years.

I've gotten tons of useful ideas in promoting my sites through this newsletter. Some of it involves contacting journalists at newspapers and giving them a unique angle on a certain topic. A lot of journalists are lazy and if you can show them a useful service, article, etc on your site that their readers would enjoy, a lot of times they will do a writeup on it, especially if it's timely and coincides with something big in the news, or holidays, etc.

But again, I think the key to building traffic is having something unique that seperates you from the crowd. You can't just be recycling other people's articles. Hope that helps.

gcarlson, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  4. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Most impressive!

Do you think you can maintain adsense income at that level for the medium term (next year or so) / is adsense paying as well now as it has been for the past couple of years?

bochgoch, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  5. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. That's what I'd like to know as well.

Trisha, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  6. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I had the same major that you had. :D

RatDog, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  7. delta4

delta4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congratulations. hope one day to make half you make now in a day. :)

any more info you can supply to all the others that want to achieve that mark?

delta4, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  8. directorycollector

directorycollector Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations, and a quote from the movie The Edge (great movie):

"What one man can do, another can do" <-- I have to keep believing that.

directorycollector, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what have we learned here? Great content and word of mouth is all fine and dandy (and certainly helps), but it can't beat getting written up about in an article published in a major newspaper/magazine/website, etc. ;)

jackburton2006, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Google would disagree. It certainly wasn't promotion or newspaper articles that launched that little start-up to millions was it?

I forget who told me "Google was better" and how many people I told "Google is better" but that 'word of mouth' that you refer to as being fine and dandy is the very thing major success is dependant on!

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  11. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    An article that I recently wrote is an engaging opinion piece on the horrendous tyranny that suppresses the North Korean people that is perpetuated by a power-hungry, sadistic, and possibly insane dictator. I touched on the many Western criticisms that believe that a full political regime upheaval and the North Korean population's exposure to Judeo-Christian customs and economic standards will have a lasting domino-effect of progressive influence.

I'm trying to get it featured in an upcoming issue of Juggs magazine as a result of this thread. Wish me luck! :)

sd2001, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  12. MrPoloShirt

MrPoloShirt Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy crap that link is disgusting, I hope you're joking.

MrPoloShirt, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. You're comparing a guy's website (on whatever topic) to Google, and the ingenius business model that they cultivated for years? Google was a ONE IN A BILLION SHOT, genius. How many other billion search engines were launched and didn't go anywhere? The fact that the OP had a good site with good content was a good start, but it took a third-party factor to propel him to his current heights, and that was my point.

jackburton2006, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  14. sixfigureblogger

sixfigureblogger Banned

Best Answers:
    If you're going to brag about it...can you please share us your secrets? How many sites do you have? How long did it take you? What niche?

sixfigureblogger, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  15. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. Why would you say such a thing?

sd2001, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  16. master06

master06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulation gcarlson. This is really big revenue for one day. maybe i can earn $xx daily in the future. :)

master06, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you every considered going into managing your own advertising? With that many pageviews and depending on your topic, you could likely well exceed the revenue you get with Adsense by doing it yourself.

aeiouy, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ermm perhaps you're stuck in a made for adsense site mind state making tons of sites on tons of topics and not really coming up with anything revolutionary or original in any one niche?

Any site that's worth talking about or one that constantly produces content worth talking about content requires little promotion and can earn massive books.. I used Google as an example just because I couldn't be bothered to think of another and it was an obvious one.

The third party factor was word of mouth - he states so. Why don't you think word of mouth could of lifted his site(s) to lofty heights? You don't seem to give it much credit.. but then you're building lots of MFA sites I recall and quality or not I bet they aren't original enough for word of mouth to be effective for you which is why you don't give it the credence it deserves.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  19. koloaTree

koloaTree Peon

Best Answers:
    silly question about the term pageviews. if your site has 10 html pages, and a user views all 10 pages, thats 10 pageviews?

i take it your site is hosted by another company? if so, are they responsible for 'scaling' the site? or do you need to optimize your code and worry about the scaling?

koloaTree, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  20. Greatten

Greatten Peon

Best Answers:
    I just started college and im trying to nurture a site or 2. too bad my best day was almost $4... woo!

Greatten, Oct 24, 2006 IP