1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon12345

Jon12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    May I suggest that whether or not it is holding at position 2.5 may be true, you also don't know what would have happened with that specific campaign had you not started the bid high. Consequently, you can't compare.

At a recent PPC conference, Google stated they have addressed the issue of how it deals with CTR, ranking and bid. They stated that their algo has changed to address this bidding high just to get a better CTR situation, but I can't remember the phrase they used to describe this algo feature.

CTR does not depend just on how many times your ads are displayed. CTR=no. of clicks/no of times ad displayed

You can have an advert that has a high CTR but you bid low. Or you bid high on a poor CTR ad.

Jon12345, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  2. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats true in a sense, but from past my experiences, starting bids that low will often yield lesser impressions, lower CTR, and bad positioning. If you still disagree, you can test a comparison yourself and post us your results.
    Well this isn't true as of 3 days ago since I've just tested it. Google states many things but it doesn't affect everyone the same.

You can, but more than likely you won't.
    Not unless you have been doing it all this time by starting your biddings at 0.05 and getting insane CTRs and conversions....I'd be quite surprised.

shockalock-g, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  3. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question for your people with successful cat food landing page to conversions out there.

How much leakage do you have on your cat food page and how much content do you normally like to keep on it? I've reviewed other cat food landing pages and there is a tonne of leakage (i.e. adsense ads, links to amazon, crappy banners like that stupid "Do you have a higher IQ than Bush?" etc). I would assume that you do not want too many exit points other than your link to the ringtone page correct?

The other problem I see is coming up with enough content on the page to make it like it's a believable site. In other words, I could setup a wordpress blog and then put a nice header and then put a paragraph on cat food and then one link to the ringtones landing page, however I think that it would be perceived as a little scammy to me (just my opinion). The ones I see out there have tones of content, links and basically the page is more "busy" and therefore looks more believable. Do you guys agree that it should look a little more busier to be more believable?

Spliffic, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  4. kavopero

kavopero Banned

Best Answers:
    1. if i have start campaign, start reduce cpc from 0.4, and then after several days i want to expand and add more ad groups, what cpc i need to bid on for new groups - 0.4 or reduced cpc like in other groups?

kavopero, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  5. pilar

pilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there aj22 (and others). I am new to PPC affiliate marketing and I'm studying as much as possible but there's one thing that isn't clear to me yet. Like you have mentioned:

My question is.. how do you add keywords in a content network campaign? Yeah, I'm a newbie but I have researched a lot but I couldn't figure out how to add keywords in a content network campaign.

I hope you could reply me, aj22 or perhaps someone that is willing to help me with this question.

Thanks and keep up doing to the good thing!

pilar, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  6. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't add keywords to content network. It's ad placement campaign. Like it says, you just place your ad on some websites.

speed100, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  7. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually you do add keywords to it. This "formula" isn't a placement campaign, its a content network campaign.

You would create a campaign as if you're going to start a search network campaign (create adgroup, write the ad, add the keywords). The only difference is that in this case is that you would turn off the search network and activate the content network.

shockalock-g, Apr 8, 2008 IP
    pilar likes this.
  8. pilar

pilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Aah this is great info I didn't knew about this "formula". Thanks mate!

pilar, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  9. xd54sx84

xd54sx84 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just got the following private message from aj22, thought I would share.

-----

Well man, sorry to disappoint, but there are no landing pages, keywords or secret missing steps.

And for someone who claims to have been in this business a number of years you sure suck at spotting pure bullshit.

I'm building my downlines you jackass. Just like most of the people with threads like mine. The thread is bullshit. Just like most of the stuff on DigitalPoint. DP is the place where the newbies flock and there is easy money...you know that... "secret recipe", "magic formula", "missing steps", "cat food landing page", gradually increasing impressive screenshots = all bullshit. Read through it again, look how many times I trip up on my ideas or contradict myself. I barely post here anymore cause I've lost track of whatever it is I said I'm doing. I've rung in 150 people into my downline in the past 2 months from this one post. Those 150 people averaged $1,500-2,000 a month of pure profit so far, and my downlines will grow as I open up more posts elsewhere when I have the time. I even had a guy PayPal me $500 for the "missing steps" (made stuff up). Another guy offered 3 grand, but backed out. In addition, I'm playing with the idea of offering an ebook or some "online class" shit for $xxx per person in the future.

I make like $50-75 day a day in AM, if that. Besides, even if I was making the money I said I was in niches no one else is in don't you think if I noticed a brand new competitor I could easily find out who you are through either your host or affiliate network? Pretty stupid strategy, if you ask me.

Now let's clear something up - name removed is a friend and web designer (or used-to-be web designer, not sure, haven't spoken to him in awhile except for passing these threats along to him). Had an FTP account on there for years, figured hosting my screenshots there would provide anonymity (and yes, both our names are removed, and yes, we both reside in removed). Guess I'll use Imageshack next time for his sake.

xd54sx84, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  10. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the spam PM there bud. Do you actually think that aj would just go ahead and tell you this information if this were actually true? Why would he pick just you out of thousands to tell this to? Why would he compromise losing thousands of dollars just to tell some stranger chump this information, only to be blown out of the water by your mass PM?

This looks like a gregdavidson alias spam post.

Spliffic, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  11. xd54sx84

xd54sx84 Banned

Best Answers:
    You can belive that which you want believe.

Sorry if the pm looked like spam but I sent it to people from this thread to expose the truth.

Right now in my inbox if the mods/administror goes in there is that same pm in my inbox word by word.

If Shawn/or another administrator wants to go in my inbox I give you permission the same message is there sent by aj22.

Hopefully the truth will be exposed.

xd54sx84, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  12. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL..yah I got that one too. I almost fell for it right there but then I realized that i'm using this method now and its actually working :p

13. xd54sx84

xd54sx84 Banned

Best Answers:
    I really feel like the people that are trying to protect aj22 are:

1. either to gullable to realize the truth
    2. are doing something similiar to what aj22 is doing and are making money from all the newcomers to digitalpoint by posting about how they are making so much money but leave out that "secret recipe".

I am giving full permision for the administrator/Shawn to go into my inbox and check the messages. There is that message from aj22 word by word. Now how do you explain that?

xd54sx84, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  14. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to see you're back in the saddle Greg! Nice work buddy a.k.a one post bandit

Spliffic, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  15. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Greg, how about not spamming inboxes?

You know that can get you banned again

GTAce, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  16. xd54sx84

xd54sx84 Banned

Best Answers:
    If you don't belive what I am saying that's fine.

But just for one minute stop and think about it. That's all that I ask from everyone.

The truth is the truth whether you choose to believe it or not.

xd54sx84, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  17. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    I can assure you that I'm not ripping off newbies (aside from rick rolling them every once in a while), but i can vouch this method works because i'm using it as we speak!

18. xd54sx84

xd54sx84 Banned

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean to spam anyone, simply wanted the truth to get out.

Firt of all I'm not greg.

Second of all I don't care whether or not I get banned, all that I ask the administrator, moderators to do would be to go into my inbox and read the message aj22 sent me about an hour ago. Word by word it's the same message.

The truth is there, within my inbox. I really trully hope that Shawn or another administrator goes within my inbox and reads the message from aj22.

xd54sx84, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  19. HQMySpaceGraphics

HQMySpaceGraphics Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! Now you just got to hit $2,000 a day! ;)

HQMySpaceGraphics, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  20. Sheesh.

Sheesh. Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you make 1K with a Catfood website.....

Sheesh., Apr 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.