1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam West

Adam West Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep it up, and good luck :)

Adam West, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  2. chibiz5

chibiz5 Peon

Best Answers:
    hahahaha i like that picture.

chibiz5, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  3. chibiz5

chibiz5 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow hhahahaahah these pictures are cute. lol

chibiz5, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  4. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    That's how you do it! Little kids shouldn't be eating all that high-calorie, saturated grease fast food... they need to be online buying ringtones :D

webgenesis, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  5. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AJ is somehow finding a way to associate his ringtones program with the website he is trying to promote. For example, if he's promoting a website about Jennifer Lopez, chances are he is referring people to Jennifer Lopez ringtones in the affiliate program he is promoting. It may seem like the program is irrelevant, but there actually HAS to be a little bit or relevance or else you cannot target your audience.

gregdavidson, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Greg, you are a wealth of knowledge, and to think, just a few days ago, you were asking so many questions, you were making my head feel like it was about to explode ...... our little boy is all grown up!

Joobz, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  7. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm so proud too!

aj22, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you know it, he'll be going off to college and asking to borrow the car keys on the weekends.

I've got so many ideas going now, I don't know where to start.

I'm going to go pick one and kick it off.

M

MontyzPython, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. lslars31

lslars31 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just made it through all 34 pages and have a couple questions for everyone who is willing to answer!

I have been doing adwords for a little while now, and have had some success. Nothing serious just for the fact that I don't have all the time in the world to be working on this right now. That is until right now and Summer.

I had been originally creating websites based around one niche (ex: golf), and building up content pages and stuff like that. I would make reviews on a related product and run my ad campaigns. I get excellent quality score, but for the fact that I am paying a lot and don't have that many keywords, I don't make that much money.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the main difference I see between our methods is the following:

1. You use the content network to cheaply promote an irrelevant site (i.e. cat food), but still end up making a profit because of decent click-throughs to your ringtone/whatever offers.

I can definitely see how this can work. If I were to throw up a ringtone offer on my blog for example, I would probably still convert 1:100. That is if I did a good job of implementing the ad and using techniques to get people to notice it and click on it. So the only missing key is getting tons of cheap traffic that converts less but still makes you a profit. That's where the bidding on unsaturated niches in the content network comes in.

Sorry If I am somehow undermining your business model. I am trying not to go too far and stick to things that have already been said. I am just trying to understand what has already been said for myself. I like your ideas and you are very creative. The things I have been reading are very intriguing/interesting to me.

Also, congrats on making it big while still in college! I have 2 years still to mess around and get this figured out.

-Nick

lslars31, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  10. Zapazon

Zapazon Peon

Best Answers:
    "Put all your eggs in one basket, and watch that basket" - Andrew Carnegie

Zapazon, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  11. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're actually missing another step also, and that's how he twists "cat food" into ringtones. That's pretty important also.

GTAce, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  12. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    I figured he just uses the "Calvin & Hobbes" transmogrifier.

MontyzPython, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Hey AJ!! Does your ringtones company host their affiliate programs on any other network besides Azoogle Ads?

gregdavidson, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  14. traffic4sale

traffic4sale Banned

Best Answers:
    wow congratulation.. keep up the good work mate :)

thats a great money.

traffic4sale, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  15. Goblin

Goblin Peon

Best Answers:
    aj22

You are the proverbial breath of fresh air. How generously and patiently you answered questions in this giant thread. Jotted down heaps of tips including some real PPC optimizing "gems" to add to my well worn Adwords reference folder.

Simply - thank you.

Goblin, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  16. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    After "experimenting" with Adwords, there's really nothing he can tell you in this post that most experienced Adwords users don't already know. Find his landing pages and you will figure out the "real" secret.

gregdavidson, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  17. MontyzPython

MontyzPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you're making $1,000 per day, I would have to disagree with that statement. I would imagine there are a lot of folks out there who can create a killer ad campaign...but do they know how to transition someone from 'cat food' to 'get ringtones - just $9.99 per month'?

None of my campaigns have really taken off (not that I'm an AdWords expert either, mind you). I'm getting a little bit discouraged but, like Winston Churchill said - "Never give up....NEVER!".

M

MontyzPython, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  18. alananimation

alananimation Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt anyone here will find his landing pages. You would have to search for topics totally irrelivant to ring tones and there would be no way of knowing if the LP was his. Instead of trying to find out his secret and copy him, I suggest doing tomething totally different from anyone else. That's what he did and look how it worked out for him.

alananimation, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  19. medaa25

medaa25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about a mission!

gregdavidson you take the left flank of the internet while GTAce goes to investigate the right flank. Me and other fellow internet bums (marketers) will go head-on so if anyone can cover us by launching an air assault over Aj22's base maybe we can get close and find his website without to many casualties...

Sorry. just been playing too many war games...

As far as this thread is concerned. It advise any school kids in college to go ahead and try to make money this way. Any other grown ups should consider a safer and more scalable business model... I do websites and SEO, always been trying to promote my business on adwords but lately I've employed 2 salesman who do some direct cold calling to get the customers... It is been a great move and my business is rolling. Adwords is good but it doesn't beat a good salesteam...

keep it up Aj22... If I were you I would try to open my own ringtone company... Actually, I am looking into it...

keep you eyes on the prizes!

medaa25, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  20. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    medaa, anybody can do this quite successfully, not just college students

All that it takes is time, money, and dedication...Which, honestly, I wouldn't say that exactly describes the average college student, lol

GTAce, Feb 28, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.