1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first $10 Adsense day!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Joe Blow, Aug 16, 2005.

1. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I see it the same way as nevetS.

You don't only earn money you also build up knowledge that will pay in the longer term.

So 10$ today seem little, but you have to add what you learn on top of that.

Unless you set short term targets, in which case I more or less agree with labrocca.

:)

uca, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  2. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hi
    my site have good trafic 1500 per day i got 15 $ is good or bad ???

shailesh

shaileshk, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. clay15

clay15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With the difference being that once you stop collecting, you stop earning. Depending on the type of site, you can stop updating it for months, maybe even years, and still earn something with it.

clay15, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great point, I missed it, but it might be the most important, definetely one of the most....

uca, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I didn't want to discourage him just let him know that imho he should reconsider things. Maybe it's time to shelf the site and try another one. That's what I would do. I have plenty of sites that make less than $10 a day...some less than $1 but I don't put effort into them and I think that's really my point. It just seems like he is working really hard on a site making $10 or less per day which honestly can't be that productive.

I pretty much agree with ya nevets. He is learning and that's good but for some here to not offer him more constructive criticism is imho wrong...sometimes the best encouragement is blunt truth. I normally can take a site from zero and get $10 a day within 60 days....I just built a site from nothing 3 weeks ago and I made $26 yesterday from it with 700 uniques and it's still growing.

btw- $15 for 1500 daily uniques is actually just fine....a site like that is work a few K easy.

RectangleMan, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Very true.

nevetS, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  7. revenow

revenow Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats. Keep adding content and that number will keep adding up as well.

revenow, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  8. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    My first target was to make $300 pm. But still I could not achieve it yet. Last time I fall short by $15-20. This time I will try to reach there as at this moment the average of 20 days is $9.5. Just 50 cents per day in average I need to break my first target.
    My stock site is helping me a lot. Wish me luck.

maverick, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  9. pcdoc

pcdoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wish me luck.

OK, here's wishing you (and all of us) luck.

pcdoc, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  10. ideas

ideas Peon

Best Answers:
    wow congrats, i made 2.49 this day

ideas, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  11. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry man i have to disagree...
    If you make anything at all and get checks it is worth it.
    I mean if you have a website and not have adsense up then you will not make that extra $$$ that adsense brings.
    $10 per day is $300 per month.. Thats not bad at all just to have ads on your site

freshprince, Aug 21, 2005 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  12. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    its encouraging....

syedwasi87, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  13. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So if you made $5 a month you would be happy? If you made $5 and spent hours upon hours working on your site...you would think the $5 is worth it. For you to state "if you make anything at all...it is worth it" is really unbelievable. I would think that there is some ratio of labor hours to revenue that is very important and does decide if it's worth it. I would think anything under mimimum wage is a damn joke. If he was 12 that's another story...but judging by the posts I would assume he is older. $300 per month is horrible as an income. I would only be able to spend 1 hour a day MAX on a site that did that. I need to earn a LOT more than minimum wage and so do most people.

RectangleMan, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  14. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    You do realise there are sites out there whose main function is not generating revenue, but instead enabeling the author to express his views, show off his stuff or whatever else reason they where created for in the first place? On those sites Adsense or affiliate programs is just an added bonus, for doing what you would have been spending time on anyway.

blinxdk, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  15. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And welcome as it is, AS is not the only way that a site might be making money. In fact, AS should definately not be the only way a site is making money. Otherwise a change in algo and whoops, bye bye! See you in the dole queue.

e10, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  16. swd

swd Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow that's nice, 10$/day.. i'm still in the 2$/day stage.. hope to pass that soon :)

swd, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  17. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Well, imho, that has got to be the worst advice I've ever read.

That's great if you want to set personal goals such as "give up if not making $10 a day after 4 months", but not everyone is building sites for adsense revenue. To us, adsense revenue is a bonus, not an income. I could easily put adsense ads in obnoxious places on my websites to increase CTR, but I'd rather keep customers on my site and sell product. ;)

ViciousSummer, Aug 22, 2005 IP
    minstrel and debunked like this.
  18. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:

I pretty much agree with you, but only if the site is build for generating revenue and you actually depend on it. Take for example the first site in my signature, the girl who owns it makes her living drawing, and the site is just a way for her to share her art with others. Adsense is just a nice extra income that covers hosting (and more) should we e.g. get banned from Adsense or otherwise lose the money it makes, that'll suck, but it won't be the end of the world. I don't want to live off the money it makes, but I really can't see how extra money, that is basicly free if you're going to build the site anyway, has ever hurt anyone.

blinxdk, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  19. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wowowowow! are you all forgetting webmasters like me? I like to build and destroy! I create projects to learn from and have fun with. ( and I earn money with my services )

Every extra penny I can take with my website, with having fun, is allowed in my pocket! I won't stop it! nohoo! it can be just here in my pocket!

Come on who doesn't want to get paid $300 for having fun like me!

Klaas Koopman, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  20. EWpro

EWpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Joe Blow! Keep it up!
    Try maintaining also improve steadily.

EWpro, Aug 22, 2005 IP