1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my experience with wepay

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by adisolutions, Feb 2, 2011.

i just wanted to share my experience with wepay

i have been looking for an alternative to paypal and signed up for wepay back in december. i deposited $50 in december and went on to confirm my bank account.

after a while no micro funds were transfered to my bank account and i contacted the support team to see what is going on. they first told me my account/routing number must be incorrect and had me updated it.

micro funds were never transfered even after i updated the info which was correct. after a few week i picked up the phone and talked to them to see what they can to in order for me to correct this issue.

they told me again the numbers must be incorrect or there must be an issue with my bank. i contacted my bank and they confirmed they would never deny a direct deposit to my account and also confirmed there was no micro deposit made since december.

i went ahead and talked to support again and they told me there is nothing they can do and asked me to send them a copy of a void check and my id.

i refused to do that since i don't like to send any copies and don't see the need since we are not living in the 80's.

the support guy informed me there was nothing they can do for me and agreed to send me a check and close my account.

the conversation happened on january 11 and the check was supposed to be send on the same day.

today is february 2nd and i still haven't received the funds. i contacted the support guys again today and they just told me they were sorry and asked me to confirm the address again.

my intentionas are not to bash the company but just tell you guys what i have been going trough and to share my experience.

i simply have a bad feeling and don't think the support guys are really putting any effort in making sure things are being done correct the first time.

also, when i told them they should close my account they never tried to apologize or make any effort to correct the mistake and to try and keep me as a customer.

i have a small business and i know what i do when a client tells me he wants to cancel my service or change the service provide.

i'll keep you posted and let you know as soon as i have received the check.

adisolutions, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  2. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    finally, the check has arrived and i have closed my account with them.

adisolutions, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  3. leonhitchens

leonhitchens Peon

Best Answers:
    Well this is not the first time I have herd the of this happening. I have herd there have been many issues with wepay. I just stick to paypal, because it is large and less likely that there will be issues.

leonhitchens, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  4. yooozy

yooozy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just visited the site it looks promising but unfortunately it's U.S only for now
    just for sharing experience here is a discussion I made with them:
    →hey

Susan: hey!

→how are you

Susan: good, and you?

→just fine thanks

→I'm a webmaster how does Wepay benefit me

Susan: what are you looking to do?

Susan: build store sites?

Susan: work with our API?

Susan: lots of options :)

→nice then

Susan: very nice

Susan: :)

Susan: check out our API info:

Susan: https://www.wepay.com/developer?ref=footer

→I always have problems with other payment processing systems as I don't have a Credit Card

→do you have a solution for this

Susan: yes

Susan: you can register with and accept electronic transfers from bank accounts and debit cards with us

→good

Susan: :)

→even if I'm outside the U.S.A?

→are you there?

Susan: oh

Susan: no

Susan: only US citizens can currently use the site

→ok

→thank you you're kind

→have a nice day

Susan: any time! :)

Susan: you too!

→ciao

yooozy, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  5. bebo11

bebo11 Member

Best Answers:
    I Never heard of it.

bebo11, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  6. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good for you bebo11 :) makes your life easier

adisolutions, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  7. WePay Stinks

WePay Stinks Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience with WePay was nothing short of disastrous!!! I was looking for an alternative to PayPal so I thought I had something with WePay. My customers could not pay me and in one case WePay held a customers paymnet for $300 for 3 days then posted the paymnet as cancelled. I need to go back to the customer and beg him to please excuse Wepay and pay Via PayPal. I needed to discount the price and now think I have lost the customer all together... WePay holds payments coming in then holds them going out, they still do not have Debit cards even though they have been promising them since their beginning... Why should they hold your money at all you are paying them a large fee (larger than paypal) to get money, not have them hold it... They are playing the float in a big way and are most likely in financial problems. I heard they were a major funding source for "OCCUPY" which would explain a lot (see wikipedia wepay). I am very very upset over this fraud / scam called WePay. The fact that they even mention that they are an alternative to PayPal is giving me stomach acid... STAY AWAY FROM WEPAY!!!

WePay Stinks, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  8. Rowefx

Rowefx Peon

Best Answers:
    I've only heard bad things about Wepay. I wouldn't recommend it

Rowefx, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  9. pansboy1313

pansboy1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello new to the forum,I’m Autumn Storm and I have a online shop and pay pal screwed me, so I’ve started with we-pay but to validate my bank account we-pay wants me to email a pic of a check and I’m not doing that!Any one know of a good company I and all of us can go with to not get robbed?

pansboy1313, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  10. pansboy1313

pansboy1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    relly,
    that site was shit!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    pansboy1313, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  11. board_admin

board_admin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never had a good experience with them at all used them for a while back about a year ago and stopped shortly thereafter !

board_admin, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  12. steve@wepay

steve@wepay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for checking us out, although I'm definitely bummed to see that most of you had such a poor experience with us. :( We definitely had some growing pains in our risk/review department (the caveat of growing too quickly) and unfortunately some customers received the brunt of that.

We've completely revamped how we review payments so the user experience is *much better* now. I'd love if any of you gave us another shot so please let me personally know if I can be a resource. My personal email is steve[at]wepay[dot]com.

steve@wepay, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  13. fileultra

fileultra Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, thanks for letting us know.

fileultra, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  14. JennysHappy

JennysHappy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my live chat experience with WePay.com. I had a verified account with no problems for several months. One day I logged in to find over $300 worth of orders (that had already been sent out), had been RETURNED to the customers without any notice from me. My account was at just $50 dollars and all my other money was missing. I wrote in to ask what happened, and will let you decide for yourself if this is the kind of company that should handle your money.

I have removed by business email below so this cannot be misconstrued as advertising my business.

======================================

01:39 | I need help

01:40 | hi there

01:40 | the other day, i had a number of sales that had come through

01:40 | okay!

01:41 | those sales completely disappeared
    01:41 | & i had no warning
    01:42 | so my sales disappeared, & I contacted alex, who said they needed to verify my account, even though I already had verified it, and had gotten an email saying I had

01:42 | may i have your email?

01:42 | ====removed=====

01:43 | thanks!
    01:43 | okay i see here that we were unable to verify your infroamtion
    01:43 | so ufortunatley we won't be able to process payments for you

01:43 | what information is needed still?
    01:43 | and why do I not get notified until AFTER the fact?
    01:44 | I have to contact you to find out my money has disappeared?!

01:44 | i'm so sorry, it's procesed through our review team
    01:44 | all i can see is that the transactions have failed and we will not be processing your payments

01:44 | But why?
    01:44 | I've lost over $300 already
    01:44 | why on earth would you not tell someone about this?
    01:45 | hello?

01:46 | still here
    01:46 | i'm very sorry but we are not going to process your payments

01:46 | well i hear what you are saying but I do not know WHY.
    01:47 | and I also would like to know why I was not informed up front.
    01:47 | why I have to go through the process of logging in, seeing no money, & contacting We Pay

01:47 | i'll pass your feedback along in terms of the notification
    01:47 | and all i can see here is that our review team could not verify some information provided about your account
    01:47 | i'm not privy to which informaiton i apologize

01:47 | well why wouldn't they just ASK me instead of shutting it down?

01:48 | you should have received an email to the effect that we could not verify your account
    01:48 | I did not receive such an email.

01:49 | how do I at least get the $50 out of this ridiculous account

01:49 | it looks like those funds will be available to you in March

01:49 | WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01:50 | it's already cleared & done with!!!!
    01:50 | It's $50
    01:50 | I lost over $300 using WePay
    01:50 | this is insane!
    01:50 | please help me Emma

01:51 | i'm very sorry but your funds will be available in March

01:51 | WHY
    01:52 | We Pay is not a bank. You cannot just hold funds for no reason

01:52 | i'm very sorry but we can't verify some information so we will hold onto the funs in a reserve

01:53 | This is easy. Tell me what information you need to verify. Then send me my lousy $50. I know WePay cannot legally hold on to this money.

01:54 | i'm sorry i cannot take this infromation via chat
    01:54 | youre more than welcome to call in
    01:54 | 855-469-3729

If you have feedback about our tools or merchants or anything else, we’d love to hear that too! Let us know by emailing for your feedback! And thank you for being a part of our effort to build a different kind of payments company.

Sophie Monroe
    Director of Customer Support

=============================================

My phone call with them went the same way. No answers, just run around & pushing my questions away. I still don't have my lousy $50 (since it's not the arbitrary day they decided will be in March.) And I have a bunch of customers with my product, but no payment.

To Recap:

1. I completed all the info they asked for, & began to process orders with no issues or customer complaints.
    2. I logged in to find $300 worth of order money GONE & refunded to customers with no explanation or warning.
    3. Next I am told that in addition to this money being gone, We Pay will not process orders for me anymore.
    4. I ask WePay why & they give me NO answer.
    5. Next I am told that WePay is holding my remaining funds of $50 until March (which is about 3 months from when this happened.) I was never given a date in March, just told my funds would be available then.

My advice? We Pay cares ZERO ZERO ZERO for customers and customer experience. Run, don't walk, away.

JennysHappy, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  15. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    the site wepay looks authentic and they have listed media logos that means they were featured in press, maybe we hear reviews of someone who is using wepay.

shalwan, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    WEPAY has actually come a long way ;)

They are trusted and used by millions, I am sorry you had a bad experience back then.

sundaybrew, May 30, 2016 IP
  17. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    Well we live in a time when everything is available, so there is no problem finding a review for the site you would like to put your money in. They are your hard worked money, so you have to be protective and do your homework before you deal with a company, and you will never be in a situation like this. Sometimes it is better to go with the bigger companies than to look for an alternative. Alternative is needed only when you can't use paypal for some reason. For example in my country, i can't use paypal to withdraw money, i can only pay and order products on the internet.

kimanierick, Jun 2, 2016 IP