1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My experience with dpbuk ltd. (A warning)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nemesis7485, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    After making a reasonable amount of money through ebay affiliate sites, i decided to take things up a notch and give DPBUK a try. I'd first seen their website 2 years ago and after seeing they were still in operation on the same domain I figured they must be a pretty safe bet.

I sent them my £100.00 signup fee by paypal and waited for it to clear. Two days after Paypal had informed me the payment had gone through I still hadn't heard from dpbuk so sent them an email on the 4th September. They replied saying they had no record of my payment and asked for more details so i phoned them up. They were very helpful and polite but it still took them a couple of hours to locate my payment in their records.

Anyway, once that was sorted out, they set up my account and I cheerfully went off to their site to choose my first website package. I decided on a store selling inkjet cartridges and paid them a further £86.00 for a new domain, a years hosting and my new website. No problem. That was sorted out instantly and I then received an email from dpbuk telling me to go to the website of their injet cartridge supplier and set up an account with them.

So off i went and on the supplier's site it tells you to email them to set up an account. I sent the email but 24 hours later i had received no reply so I sent a second one. Yet another 24 hours passed and still no reply so this time I phoned them. The guy at 'Wholesale Ink' told me they had not received an email but very kindly set up my account over the phone.

I then started asking him questions about how it all worked. The order processing, etc. He told me there was way to much to explain on the phone because we would be there all day and i should wait for the information email that should be on it's way which would explain everything.

I'll try and condense this next part. That information email NEVER arrived. Over the next two weeks i made repeated phonecalls and sent numerous emails requesting this information to be sent. I even gave him no less than FOUR different email address to send it to. On each phonecall he told me it must be an auto responder problem and eventually avoided my phonecalls completely.

The only course left open to me then was to get dpbuk on the case. I emailed them asking them to tell their supplier to send me the info, which they did (they CC'd me the email they sent to 'Wholesale Ink') but again, no reply.

This was now three weeks after I initially got my account with dpbuk and so I requested dpbuk refund me the £186.00 I had paid them. They sent me a very short reply simply stating that their T&C's clearly state that no money is refundable after two weeks. At this point I got on the phone and let rip on the poor girl that answered. She eventually passed the phone over to the boss who was full of apologies and finally admitted that they had been aware of problems with this supplier for a few weeks and were in the process of changing over to a new supplier.

He then told me he would get on to the new supplier to contact me and set up an account with them but that the xml feed for the new supplier had not yet been set up with our websites and would be a couple of weeks. As I had no other choice, I accepted this course of action and sure enough, within 30 minutes, a very helpfull guy from the new outfit called me on the phone, took some details and sent me the paperwork to set up an account.

That account is still set up but three weeks later, there is still no xml feed to my site. After emails about this to both dpbuk and the new supplier, all i've been told is they're still waiting.

The bottom line is that after paying dpbuk £186.00, what I have to show for it is a website that is still dead in the water some SEVEN WEEKS later. Not only did they take my money for a package they KNEW they were having problems with, they refused me a refund and have not once offered me anything in way of compensation.

And just to add the icing on the cake, the following statement is plastered on their website in big bold letters.....

Start Trading in Just 30 minutes

NO STOCK REQUIRED!

NO BIG OUTLAY!

NO PREMISES!

NO HASSLES!

Err, yah!

I'm sorry this has turned into a very long, rambling post but I figured I'd put it out there so other ppl can make an informed decision before parting with their money.

PS: I'm fully aware that dpbuk frequents this forum so I've made sure that everything I have said here is fact and unexagerated.

Nemesis7485, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. BsGs.co.uk

BsGs.co.uk Active Member

Best Answers:
    After reading this post I have to say that you must of been one of the unlucky ones. I also got a site from dpbuk Limited roughly the same time, as you and I have had no problems. The customer service is great and I get the XML Feeds ok from all suppliers.

I hope it’s all sorted now for you.

BsGs.co.uk, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  3. BsGs.co.uk

BsGs.co.uk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a Updated

After a year with them...... They are crap

STAY AWAY FROM DPBUK

Find a better company with better customer service.

BsGs.co.uk, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. mattridler

mattridler Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a quick thing I have been with dpbuk for about 3 years recently they where taken over by someone else (steven), the first two month support was limited but now in may and june they have got a lot better.

Also where to find a different company that offers website, web hosting, and dropship services all in one place. If you do find out let me know.

mattridler, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  5. rubyleo

rubyleo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with BsGs.co.uk. In my opinion Dpbuk don't know their ar** from their elbow ever since they were taken over. KEEP CLEAR if you want to run a smooth website.

rubyleo, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. jinxy

jinxy Peon

Best Answers:
    theyve got a forum which is empty but i think their customers probably need help! maybe they wont get the help they need in a forum! http://www.dpbukforum.com

jinxy, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  7. seaview

seaview Peon

Best Answers:
    stay away from them stay well away, the further the better, they have cost me thousands, i have spent a lot on adverts i recieve a lot of mails from customers telling me they cant access the site, when i check right enough it is down....here is were the head wrecking starts.you will never, ever get through to their phone always on hold costing you a bomb, your question not answered, email them, ha bloody ha, they have come up with this crap system were you quiry is qued, and guess what, never answered,and on a rare occasion it will be the answer is never what you want, so u have to go over the whole lot again, approx 7 days - 10days to get an answer,2 or 3 of the girl staff their are ignorant and have not a clue about customer care if they would only answer a phone and reply helpfully to a mail it would be a start, i believe they changed ownership, sometimes a bad sign, but in my opinion stay well away from them they should not be in business they are all over the place no heklp no customer service no back up , if you get a site from them you are on your own, if u want to change anything on your own site they will charge you, and if steven would stop sending out emails nothing to do with dpbuk offering crap to buy to line his pockets,dpbuk down and out,sad so call business people ....get them out...stay away:mad::mad::mad::mad:

seaview, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  8. miles2go

miles2go Peon

Best Answers:
    I was think to work with thanks to all to save my money and valuable time.

miles2go, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  9. seaview

seaview Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to make an open apology regarding my last post
    At the time of posting it I was extremely frustrated and upset and should not have posted it at all,
    My apologies to Steven and all the companies hardworking staff. My wording was all wrong and simply spur of the moment out of sheer frustration and I deeply regret the posting, I really do. I knew it was wrong of me to post it I did come back to edit/delete it, but I could not, I believe you only have 8 hours, I didn’t know this. The email ticket system is my fault just a complete lack of understanding on my behalf of how the system works , the female staff I should not have mentioned purely frustration on my behalf, they have been very helpful to me in their replies iam very sorry , it did not cost me thousands as I would not have thousands, my apologies for even thinking of this. Nor is it a bad sign changing things around ,I should see it as the team offering more to their customers as they strive to do.. The company set up my site last year in 30mins for me, I had a few questions to be answered and they were dealt with promptly and efficiently sorting out the problems. I had emailed a lot after that and again got sorted straight away, and 2 phone calls regarding the web feed. I didn’t fully understand the ticket system having to be qued, I now know as they have taking on more business the system is needed, I am sorry for not understanding this.. I have purchased an ebook offer from steven containing a lot of information I would have never know about and I have put it to good use, I did receive a mail regarding another offer that I deleted by mistake and did ask for it to be sent to me again, which I have received, as I know the contents are very good and I will learn a lot from it. I apologise directly to Steven for my comments at the end of post there are simply not true, for this I am really sorry . The whole post was so wrong every last word, and I apologise wholeheartly to Steven and crew for my spur of the moment reaction. I was so wrong for posting it and will continue with you no end and I wish steven and crew every success in the future, team my sincere apoligies……

seaview, Nov 15, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.