1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My experience with AuctionAds

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ruby, Jun 4, 2007.

1. frychiko

frychiko Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are pretty good sales for that amount of traffic / clicks...

frychiko, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  2. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I must admit that. I never performed well with any affiliate program with less than 100 clicks.

Hope you find the reason why your clicks are not converting anymore.

eflouret, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  3. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well to finish off the thread that I started I ended up with $290 for June which wasn't too bad and about 2/3 my Adsense revenue in the same period.

In all I do think its a great complimentary program to use alongside Adsense.

ruby, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  4. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Ruby, At this rate you are on your way to $400- $500 :) , My total Earnings for June were decent at $200 :), Hopefully July will show good results.

nicerolex, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  5. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually after the correction my June payment went to $315...

ruby, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  6. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems mine jumped to
    Total	 	100705	2298	2.28	$135.79
    Code (markup):
    from the 109.15 that I got paid.

BamaStangGuy, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  7. chimaera

chimaera Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's a nice niche site - Wolfmother fan site. So people are always on the lookout for ebay merchandise, t-shirts, records etc.

chimaera, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  8. chriscoop

chriscoop Active Member

Best Answers:
    My first month (june) i made $70 which is nice to a have on top of the adsense revenue. I started the month july with $14 so thats a good start. Let see if this month will come closer to my adsense revenue.

chriscoop, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  9. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, just had a cunning thought - how might you use PHP to grab search terms people use to get to your site and plug them in as an Auction Ads keyword? That would make sure ads were highly targetted! Though you can't always rely on AA to serve up relevant ads fast enough...

Come on you coders, I bet it's easy, I am just no good at that stuff. Might be worth a try!

markowe, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  10. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have actually done something similar to this with one of my sites but the problem is yes AA can't serve the ads because of the way it caches. I do it but its not perfect because AA just can't do it.

What I have done is grouped certain keywords so that its cached and I display relevant ads based on groupings of keywords.

If that makes any sense... lol

ruby, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  11. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine jumped as well, $248 for June. I think we all will probably see better earnings in July, I don't think any of us will become thousanares just yet but it shall be fun getting there.

nicerolex, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  12. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    Caching would not be an issue if you use an Ebay sniplet to pull the auctions. You miss out on the performance bonus of course.

mhdoc, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  13. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Im past that already --

Remember folks - this is summer - less people on the internet, less people buying things -

joeychgo, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  14. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Increasing your earnings through CJ gets you more of those little green bars and makes it easier to get accepted by more merchants. That might not be an issue for the big earners but for small earners like me I need access to more merchants. So I'm going back to ebay through CJ. Better earnings (due to the caching issue I'm pretty sure) and improved access to new merchants.

geomark, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  15. Pleb

Pleb Peon

Best Answers:
    I may have missed the fine print or something, but is there a way to tell what people actually bought via AA? Seems to me it would help the targetting if you knew what people are actually buying...

Pleb, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  16. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread with lots of good info.
    Especialy the think outside of the box "what do your visitors use that are big ticket items often sold on ebay" Like so many I geared the ads to the site so no big ticket items :) going to change that.

One complaint I see reacurring here is when non relevant ads show up
    I had the same problem & its in AA help section if your keyword does not have a lot of traffic over their system it will not stay in their cache hence you will get the laptops & popular items till your term is re cached normaly after a few page views or refreshes, this whole thing didnt go well with me as my sites are all low traffic so i solved it quite easily you can do a static link
    to any page on ebay you want & still get comission just search for an item you want to promote on eBay then use the resulting URL from ebay with your affiliate code add a pic of your own & your site will allways show the correct pics & direct where you want people going to see an example here
    http://www.aircourierinternational.com ads on the right & at the top ad a little php of your own & you can have rotating pics & ads :)

Neale, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  17. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am tempted to do this - only thing is then, the ads are not geotargetted - you have to sell via US eBay for example. AA at least redirect you to the relevant country site. Though I am sure some smart people can code this themselves, I'm not one of them.

markowe, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  18. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Auction ads blows big time. 200 clicks in the past few days and no money. BFFFFFFFT And I targeted the ads to my visitors interests.

I predict in a few months people will stop using auction ads because I know I'm not alone regarding my dissatisfaction.

IamNed, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  19. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can link to eBay stores that ship internationally. They are good sources for unique or hard-to-find items.

denovo, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  20. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to take at least 30 days before you start seeing the earnings, but it may turn out that it's just not a good fit for your site.. Just because it did not work for you does not mean that everybody is going to stop using it. AA earned me over $400 last month - a nice little bonus to my Adsense and Kontera earnings.

Tearabite, Jul 6, 2007 IP