1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My earnings have dropped from $40 per day to $6 per day! whats wrong?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mirisaamali, May 13, 2011.

Hi all,

For the past 8 months, my sites (totally 5) have been steadily increasing in traffic as well as adsense earnings. I had reached a monthly income of $1000 uptill last month (April). On adsense, I have been getting like 2500 impressions daily and CTR was around 5% to 6% daily. Income had reached something around $30 to $40 per day.

I was using two 300x250 ad blocks injected in the content in the articles along with two link ads, one just below the post title and another in the footer of the post. 90% of my earnings was coming from the injected 300x250 ad units within the content.

Now on April 25th, i received a warning mail from google asking me to change the ads positioning as it was against TOS to fool the visitors in clicking the ads. Since the link ad below the post title was the only one looking like that, i took it off. Anyways that " 468x15 link ad block" did not give me any CTR or clicks or earnings.

But from the very next day, CTR of my sites dropped and CPC too dropped. The same sites that were making between $30 to $40 per day are now making $6 to $9 per day. CTR has dropped from 5%-6% to 0.5%-1%. CPC has reduced so much that now i get clicks that are worth just few cents.

Does removing one " 468x15 link ad block" have so much affect on my earnings even though that ad link had nearly zero earnings previously? I don't think so.

Or is it that Google after giving warning must have changed some algorithm for my sites to go back to its initial stage of earnings?? i am just confused whats wrong guys! Can you people help me understand this.

Note: Please keep in mind that 90% of my visitors are from search engine and that my traffic has not changed at all, rather it increased this month.

I also observe irrelevant ads appearing on my sites now. Should i ask Google to look into my sites?

Plz advise guys.

One of my site is http://childpack.com (incase you want to check and comment)

mirisaamali, May 13, 2011 IP
  2. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    here are a few suggestions:

1) remove the text - "advertisement" from above the ads.

2) Select larger rectangle ads, the 336*280 works better.

3) choose text only ads, your crt will improve quite a lot by this.

4) give space between the ads, put the first ads block higher, and the 2nd a bit lower,

As for the CPC, perhaps you are smartpriced and there is not much you can do about it. Keep us updated,

uttoransen, May 13, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  3. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i actually added the title "advertisement" after google sent me a warning mail saying i cannot place my ads in such positions where visitors get fooled to click the ads. And it asked me to label all the ads. That is when i labeled the ads.

I tried the 336x280 ads, they aren't performing better.

I am using a adsense wordpress plugin for the two ad blocks within the content. They keep roaming randomly.

The mail from google is as below:

4. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    CTR dropped henced CPC dropped.

NeVerTrYFoRME, May 13, 2011 IP
  5. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily that CPC drops because of CTR. CPC is cost per click, why would that drop due to CTR? It may in some cases, but it ain't directly proportional to each other. One may have less CTR yet huge CPC too.

6. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    There are "may" and "in some cases" in your statement. :)

7. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    The "may" or "in some cases" pertain to certain impossible situations which doesn't happen everyday.

Well honestly i am looking for some serious solutions here than just little games plz.

8. wickyyao

wickyyao Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish you good luck, friend

wickyyao, May 13, 2011 IP
  9. HostMantis

HostMantis Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible Google lowered the quality of your ads and therefore your CPC has suffered.

HostMantis, May 13, 2011 IP
  10. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    You are answering your own question here.

11. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    Is this possible? is there anything of this sort that is quality of ads etc? if that is the case, do they give back the quality.

Mightee likes this.
  12. pawan55291

pawan55291 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can't do anything as it is not good from Adsense officials......... you need to make more pages to reach that much earning..

pawan55291, May 13, 2011 IP
  13. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    So that means i just leave the CPC and CTR as it is and just work ten times more to generate what i was generating just few weeks back? I was generating that earnings for nearly 8 months consistently.

14. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty good information is there. I think this enough for you.

rising_sun, May 13, 2011 IP
  15. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    I have already said i have tried that many times, but that too doesn't work.

16. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    They definitely lowered the cost, and sometimes you just gotta give it time to recover.

blogaboutnothin, May 13, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  17. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I also agree with your said.

18. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    okay, yeah i too thought that. But you know its so sickening to see this happen. All the hard work, honest work, suddenly going for a toss. It hurts really man.

mirisaamali, May 14, 2011 IP
  19. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    There are always other ways to make money besides Google. People stress it too much.

blogaboutnothin, May 14, 2011 IP
  20. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you lucked out for the last 8 months by not having a real person review your sites. When they finally do get around to look at them, they can really hurt you, as you found out:))

The site in question was your startwebsite.org one. The first thing I would do is remove that first ad that has Advertisement at the top. The main reason being is that that page has very little content. About 78 words, and you have 2 Adsense ads on there. Google hates that. If it were my site, and I was doing as well as you used to be doing, I would remove both ads immediately. Wait a week or two and see what happens. I would add more content before putting one ad back up.

Your chilpack site looks good. I would play their game and add the "Sponsored Link" thing and move that ad up some. It ruins the looks of your page where it is now.

You were lucky in that at least Google told you what was wrong, and what needed to be done. They didn't do that a few years back when I was fooling with Adsense:))

I think you know that you really need to get your CTR back up. I didn't look at anything else on your startwebisite site, but if the rest of your pages are like the one they pointed out, you might want to pull all the ads off that site. Then wait a few weeks and see what happens. One bad site in their eyes can indeed hurt the rest of your other sites. If your other sites then get back up to normal, you can wait awhile and fix up the bad site and then throw some more ads on there.

Good luck!!

zeekstern, May 14, 2011 IP