1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Basemism

Basemism Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, well keep us updated with your journey in the meantime

Basemism, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  2. roiseeker

roiseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Yaros!
    Just wondering if you know if it's okay to sell knives online.. Do you need a license or can you freely sell worldwide?
    Thanks a lot! Keep doing great work!

roiseeker, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  3. sharoni

sharoni Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,
    Firstly, It is a very nice plugin, so far I am very pleased I purchased it and happy to have come across this thread. Thank you for sharing all the information about your journey, you inspired me to get mine going! I am having a great time setting up my webstore with Alidropship, it is very easy to use and the shop looks great. I have 2 questions..
    1) how may I change the default category menu on the left to reflect my product categories?
    2) Is there a way to import products with the status set to 'Pending Review'?

(My apologies if this is not the right place for such questions, let me know if I must PM you)
    Sharoni

sharoni, Sep 3, 2016 IP
  4. loljanka

loljanka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey yaros, i was wondering if there will be an affiliater program for your ali plugin as i would love to promote it on my blog :)

loljanka, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  5. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can see updates on your WP dashboard.

I think it is not a problem to sell knives, also thinking about such niche.
    :)

1. You can check this article: https://alidropship.com/codex/how-to-add-and-edit-categories/
    2. There is no such status on the plugin now. All products come to your Import List first and then you can publish them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    yaros, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  6. henryteo

henryteo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros.

It was a great Plugin and I am still playing around it. Just like to ask something...

1. Will you be considering doing a order management for the customers?
    2. Saw the post regarding the status to 'pending review' I think what he meant was products imported was straight away posted even though we did not select publish. Maybe if it were to be directed to 'pendind review' so that we can review the post before publish.
    3. Will we be able to use other themes for the site?

henryteo, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  7. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Yes, I am going to add a membership area with order management system.
    2. I think it is just an old version of the Plugin.
    3. Two new themes are coming and I will add WOO themes support as well.

Continuing the Instagram shoutouts strategy I decided to improve it and now moving to Video Instagram Shoutouts and they work really cool! I will share this strategy in details a bit later when collect enough stats.

Here is an example of such shoutout I have launched recently:

[​IMG]

And one more example:

yaros, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  8. sharoni

sharoni Member

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks

sharoni, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  9. arditi011

arditi011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone, i'm just startin towith affiliate program and intedn to start a dropshiping soon.
    I have a question about the aliexpress affiliate. i have been part of the program for 2 months now. I have confirmed orders at around 40$, but at the Withdraw page it shows "Account Balance: 0$. Does anyone know how long does it take for the system to update?
    Thank you

arditi011, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  10. Kai2810

Kai2810 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,

Thanks for posting this journey, learned alot from you! May I know if the review scraping and auto-order features of your plugin is working now?

I checked through the discussion pages, the last mention about your review scraping was in Feb. Just like to check if your built-in scraper is still working.

Thanks!

Kai2810, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  11. MArki

MArki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,
    I just wanted to ask if this plugin would work with PrestaShop themes? I know you've mentioned many times that this won't work with WooCommerce but only with WooCommerce themes, so I would like to know if you've tried this with a PrestaShop theme or if not, do you think this would work with Prestahop themes?

MArki, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  12. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Plugin works with built-in themes only and does not support Prestashop themes.

Reviews importing option works fine and auto-order feature will be available soon.

yaros, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  13. Kai2810

Kai2810 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replying.

I read in your knowledge base to select PHP 5.6 for setup. Is your plugin / theme compatible with PHP 7?
    I'm also concerned with the Zend Guard...is IonCube compatibility coming soon?

Kai2810, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  14. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, it works with 7.0 but I would not recommend using PHP 7.0 - it is not stable with WordPress for this moment. Now considering IonCube as well but I don't see big advantages here.

yaros, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  15. ziggy27

ziggy27 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the option at DO I am looking as well. How is the response time?

I don't think I fully understand how the plugin/theme handles incoming emails. For instance, if I want to use Sparkpost as the sending agent I do not see any documents for handling incoming/reply to messages by Sparkpost.

When someone use the "Contact us" form where do you view those messages, or if customers reply to your order notification messages, where would you go to check those messages?

These questions are entirely if I intend to manage my own server (as shared hosting already have mail servers install).

Hello Yaros - can you add a guide on Sparkpost as well to the knowledge database.

ziggy27, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  16. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, I will add the guide. And now integrating another good mailing service.

yaros, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  17. Car_Lazar

Car_Lazar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros, I went trough the whole thread searching for one answer only (it was close but not enough :)),everything else is clear. When a customer buys something you get payed on paypal. How do you then buy from aliexpress if they use alipay? Do you transfer the money from paypal to a bank and then from a bank to alipay or is there some less complicated process?

Car_Lazar, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  18. Reshic

Reshic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Yaros,

Love you work - I have been considering building a drop shipping site for a while now, quite serendipitous that i found this post and you're plugin so quickly.

I have read through your guide.pfd and searched this forum but could not find an answer to my question so forgive me if you have already addressed this.
    My question: What are the legal requirements surrounding the drop shipping sale of trade marked products? For instance - I imagine Harry Potter products are heavily trade marked, but i haven't seen any mention of you purchasing a licence for the sale of Harry Potter branded merchandise and products. Could you please explain to me the finer details of this, and also how it relates to other heavily trademarked brands as i have a niche in mind but i want to ensure its all above board.

Thanks!

Reshic, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  19. d2bot2

d2bot2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Yaros,

How do you deal with the sizing on your apparel? I was looking at your products and noticed with the T-Shirts that I would actually have to order an 3XL when Im normally a L. Does this through people off? Does this lead to a lot of exchanges and questions?

Thanks in advance for your reply

d2bot2, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am just using my regular credit card to place orders. This card is connecting to my PayPal account to withdraw money from PayPal.

yaros, Sep 12, 2016 IP