1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Faris Basalamah

Faris Basalamah Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, good news ... trying, can use wordpress, any discount ? :d

Faris Basalamah, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  2. Leocastano

Leocastano Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, first, congratulations for such project. I have been dropshipping from Aliexpress to eBay and I know this is a good business and I would like to create my own store.
    As I understand, your plugin is not for sale yet. But looking around I noticed that Alidropship.com is selling a plugin like yours and also they show your Worldofharry.com website as a website created with their plugin.

Do you know anything about this?

I am very interested on buying the pluging from Alidropship but I am afraid that they are scams.

Thanks,

Leo

Leocastano, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  3. Faris Basalamah

Faris Basalamah Peon

Best Answers:
    are you seriously ? it is scam ... :eek::eek:

Faris Basalamah, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  4. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is my project that I prepare for launch. For this moment you can't buy anything from this site.

yaros, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  5. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have some questions.

1. With your new plug in, is it possible to integrate AliExpress affiliate program which runs in CJ or do we have to register with AliExpress in-house affiliate program?

2. Are you integrating it with Stripe to receive money from the customers?

3. Is it possible edit the title, description of the items that are importing from AliExpress?

4. The pricing seems to be expensive. Any idea to give a discount for DP members at the plug in launch?

5. It seems you buy a domain and transfer it to us. Can you just suggest the domain name and we can buy it ourselves instead?

6. " When you get a purchase from your webstore, you go to AliExpress to place the order for your client using your own affiliate link. As a result you earn 8% commission on each order as an additional bonus to your dropshipping earnings."

Isn't this a violation of their affiliate rules? As an affiliate, I know almost all affiliate programs never allow to earn commission for their own purchases.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    dumindushalika, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  6. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. As far as I know CJ pays very low commission. The plugin is inegrated with official AliExpress program that pays 8% and extended AliExpress program from Admitad that pays 8,5%.

2. Stripe is available with the Plugin.

3. Yes sure, you can edit everything and can add any other products yourself, not only from AliExpress.

4. I have not decided on pricing for the plugin yet.

5. Yes sure.

6. I am doing it on reular basis, no problem. It is some kind of cash-back system offered by many companies.

yaros, Apr 27, 2016 IP
    seo.xpert and dumindushalika like this.
  7. tutusik

tutusik Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking forward to your release or your post about important functionalities of your plugin.
    Let us know because someone is already selling the plugin like yours but I prefer yours because I think you are the first one who created it.
    Best regards!

tutusik, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  8. henryteo

henryteo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May I know how and where did you a register your aliexpress affiliate ID?

henryteo, May 4, 2016 IP
  9. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    portals.aliexpress.com

yaros, May 4, 2016 IP
  10. henryteo

henryteo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, how long did they take to process yours? I have actually waited their reply for a week now. Really terrible that they don't reply email too.

henryteo, May 4, 2016 IP
  11. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Now it takes 5-7 business days to get approved.

yaros, May 4, 2016 IP
  12. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your journey thread is very helpful :)

geekos, May 4, 2016 IP
  13. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for such a thread, interesting journey, I can't be bothered because of the manual work involved, but it is very interesting and your plugin's launch will inspire many to do it too!

JamesColin, May 4, 2016 IP
  14. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:

Dear Yaros, I wonder if I am in the process of building my site, how can I apply with an URL for affiliate program? When the wesbite will be ready, what should they do? Approve again my new store? I do not understand, please explain, thanks!!

Mirodenia, May 8, 2016 IP
  15. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't need to have an active URL to apply for AliExpress affiliate program. While registering put your Facebook page or Twitter account URL and you will be approved. Your site URL you can connect later and it is not necessary.

yaros, May 9, 2016 IP
  16. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I wrote you on WF that I am lost in word press themes, I do not know which one to chose for my store. Ali plugin matches for every theme? Can I upload another WP theme that is not on the Dashboard? What did you chose? I remember from your postst that you didn't chose one of the 3 from Ali. Have a nice day and good luck on big sales, Yaros!!! I am a fan of you!

Mirodenia, May 10, 2016 IP
  17. dapperbenz

dapperbenz Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work Yaros! Thanks for taking the time to go through the whole process from start to finish. There's a lot of valuable information in here.

I think I may have found your business site where you offer to create a drop ship site for a fee. That looks great, however I'd love to purchase your plugins and create my own site at some point. Keep us updated as to when the dropship and related plugins are likely to become available, I think you may have a few customers here!

dapperbenz, May 10, 2016 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    AliPlugin works with built-in themes only. Currently 5 themes are available.

yaros, May 10, 2016 IP
  19. umen

umen Member

Best Answers:
    Hello @yaros
    Your thread and journey is very informative and i learned allot about this niche . thanks.
    if i may few questions .
    1. I saw in one of your sites : http://kittenrules.com/ you have phone number , what does it means? are you accept refund or customers phone calls ? how do you operate this ?
    2. Did you used Lawyer to write all the Privacy Policy , Terms and Conditions ,Refund policy ?
    3. How do you handle refunds,i know that allot of my friends and my self are buying from Ali do asking allot of refunds ,you know that somethings doesn't arrive or arrive not as expected or god knows what.
    how much refunds and costumer support from the total 100% drop shipping operation you do ?
    4. Where do you host your sites ? and what is your servers architecture ? can you share ?
    Thanks!

umen, May 11, 2016 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. I put this phone to make my site more trustfull. It is a Skype number with voicemail.
    2. There are ready templates for such pages in Internet. You just need to put your details and generate the pages.
    3. I have ordered more than 100 packages for myself on Ali and never asked for a refund. However I had several refunds with my clients but don't see the problem in this. AliExpress has a good protection system with full money back guarantee. So, if your customer is not satisfied with a product and asking for refund you should dispute the purchase with AliExpress seller. If you are selling not expensive products your AliExpress suppliers usually refund you quickly without having to return the items because they don’t want the headache of disputes and receiving returns for relatively low value items. This enables you to give a full or partial refund to your customer through PayPal without them having returns either.
    4. I have a dedicated server. Main system requirements are:
    Processor: 2.40 GHz
    Memory: min. 512Mb
    HD: 15GB (RAID 10)
    Software: cURL support, file_get contents(required)
    open incoming connections(required)
    hosting with 64 bit system(required)
    for local host: Apache(required) + Nginx

yaros, May 11, 2016 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.