1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My domain name at BigRock is live, but with a big catch that I want to take care of

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by drewdude91, Apr 2, 2015.

I purchased a domain with the intent to monetize. The URL is irrelevant right now. For the sake of explanation, let's say the domain name digitalpoint.com was for sale on BigRock and I purchased it. I then also purchased the Website Builder from BigRock and utilized it to build the foundation of my website.

After I laid the foundations, I wanted to see it live, so I went to digitalpoint.com. Nothing showed up. After a little digging, I find the site is live at digitalpoint.com.managewebsiteportal.com. No why would that be? This is a BIG problem and I don't see how I could have caused it. All I did was buy the website builder and build a website. I didn't change the name. What should I do to fix it so that it goes to digitalpoint.com?

drewdude91, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm, wouldn't the prudent thing to do be to contact their support-people/forum/slaves to explain to you what you need to do? Do you have a control-panel somewhere? Are there any limits to the "create your crappy site for (almost) free"-bundle you bought?

PoPSiCLe, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  3. drewdude91

drewdude91 Peon

Best Answers:
    5 page max website, which shouldn't be a hurdle, considering I'll be pretty much just listing products. I can't find where I would be able to change this in the control panel. I HAVE contacted tech support, but I have no clue how long it takes. If I can figure it out in the meantime, that'd be great.

drewdude91, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since I (at least) have no clue about this, it's hard to be very helpful - it sounds like some hosts I know about, that provides solutions that makes the url different than the actual domain (hence more or less useless) - unless you have some settings in the control panel for the host, I'm guessing you either have to download / reupload the files (if possible), move the files on the server (again, if possible), or use something else to create the actual website - but I would recommend waiting for a reply from the tech-support people - again, if it takes more than 1-2 business days (in the middle of easter it might of course take more), I'd say you've chosen a bad host.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  5. sunnie

sunnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no experience with BigRock so I have no idea how their control panel looks like for the clients, but I'm guessing there would be a settings link somewhere for your account to point your domain to the site made in their WebsiteBuilder. Try looking for the Settings under the site you made and look for something that will allow you to select the domain you registered with them.

Of course this would be a very easy thing to deal with for one of their own techs.

sunnie, Apr 3, 2015 IP