1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My databases have been deleted, how do I go about getting them back?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Hannah, Apr 20, 2006.

So my host has been having some problems over the past few weeks, and now I've found that both of my databases, used for phpbb boards, have been deleted. Luckily, I backed everything up a couple of days ago, so I haven't lost too much, but I'm at a loss as to how I can put my forums back up using the two databases.

Hannah, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  2. KingSEO

KingSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    In what format do you have your databases currently? How did you do the backup?

What kind of database are (were) you using (mysql, access, oracle, etc).

KingSEO, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How big are the databases? If under a could mb, you could import them via phpMyAdmin (most hosts offer this)

If they are larger than that, the best way is via SSH....but not all hosts offer SSH access. Contact me via AIM or MSN and I'll help you out.

GTAce, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  4. Hannah

Hannah Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, turns out the host got everything fixed and back how it had been before.

Just to answer the questions, yes they were small databases, and mySQL ones.

Hannah, Apr 21, 2006 IP