1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Darn Social Network wont get out of 2nd Gear

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by zooped, Dec 23, 2009.

I need some advice,

I started a SN about 3 years ago since then I have updated the site about a zillion times from bookmarking capabilities to importing your myspace profile blah blah blah blah blah ..

It gets traffic, a nice amount but I'm lacking sign ups only 15-25 a day...

What the heck am I doing wrong?

zooped, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  2. Whippet75

Whippet75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make your traffic convert into membership....I would recommend offering them something in return for signing up...As to what that might be is down to you !

Whippet75, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  3. zooped

zooped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm on a really tight budget I don't know what i can offer, I'm already offering users backlinks links on their profiles twitter and rss feeds.. I fell like the site is just hitting a wall because I just dont have the money to take it to the next level.

zooped, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  4. Whippet75

Whippet75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could create a few facebook apps with your site url advertised at the footer of the app.

This would give you a fair boost however, running a SN site is a double edged sword....you need to offer something unique to your members in order to become a recognised SN site and unfortunately, this costs time and money !

For better SERPs & PR, you could try blog commenting as this will get you backlinks. This would also create traffic for your site and could potentially mean more members.

Whippet75, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  5. zooped

zooped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks 4 the advice

zooped, Dec 23, 2009 IP