1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My concern with web directory submission services

Discussion in 'Directories' started by driven, Jul 6, 2005.

My biggest concern with web directory submission services is that by submitting the site to a hundred directories all at once, this can be percieved as "google bombing" the search engines.

While Yahoo and MSN Search may not factor a flood of one way link exchanges into their algorithm, I'm sure that a SE like Google has.

What are people's thoughts about this concern of mine? Valid? Or am I paranoid.:eek:

driven, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  2. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I think you have driven yourself to paranoia...

If it makes you feel better remember that all sites are not spidered at the same time and the links will eventually show up in google.

Google reveals a lot less than it knows but google bombing still works.

sadcox66, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We are doing it with different anchors, titles and descriptions. Thus the backlinks looks more natural.

And btw, these links are not approved the very next week. only small fraction approves first week, and some well established directories takes months.

Just my 2c

PS: Isn't coop be considered as google bombing ?

Tuning, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  4. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh...the great Tuning and his great Directory Submissin Service, I presume.

Question: since you vary the anchor text and such, do you also allow us to have the backlinks pointed to various pages on the website as well? Or are they all pointed towards one page on the website...usually the index page.

thanks.

driven, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  5. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol :D

Yes, different pages are submitted in higher plans. ($0.49 per directory). But only 60-70% directories allow inner pages.
    Thanks for asking.

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  6. CasualNerd

CasualNerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it's a valid concern, but there's a few things that would prevent it, like directories being slow to respond, google not crawling too often, etc.

I wouldn't go and submit a brand new domain to a few hundred directories though, just in case.

CasualNerd, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Submitting your site and actually getting accepted into all the free directories are two differnet things :) In any case, I dont think there's much to worry about we're not talking about thousands of links here.

dcristo, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  8. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    IMHO not much concern with long established sites highly backlinked, some concern with completely new sites. No proof for that, anyway.

subseo, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  9. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it was suggested in another thread that a couple of hundred new links to a site that already had thousands wouldn't be penalized. Only for new sites should you be careful.

egdcltd, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  10. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no penalization, for quickly adding your website, to several hundred directories.

Cristian Mezei, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  11. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And your proof for this is....?

:)

driven, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  12. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting submission of site into 100 or more dirs is the best way to get oneway backlink link from relevant categories,no doubt google counts all relevant links. I have noticed, hardly anyone care about the redirected links,which google never counts. When you mouse over on a submitted link in dir , it won't show you the actual submitted url but redirected link. So if the submission is made to these kind of dirs then there will be no use of it as google and other search engines never counts those backlinks. SO one has to be careful about that and It doesn't matter whether you are submitting a new site or the older one. I would always suggest to get submitted your site to new dirs as compare to older one like "http://www.abilogic.com/" or "www.dirone.com" these kind of dirs hardly accept links and the acception ratio to new dirs is much better and faster than these old dirs. These days PR hardly matters, i think one shouldn't care about that just try to get as many as backlinks you can from relevant categories.

Cheers

westhaven, Jul 7, 2005 IP