1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My CJ earnings this month (not a brag)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Rimki, May 28, 2008.

1. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Although I am from the UK, I am Asian :)

When the Nokia Prism site was developed it was not a discontinued item. It was on the verge of being released, a few videos were uploaded to places like youtube that gave some nice traffic and possibly ranking due to the placement on the URL in the description, but unsure of what effect this had for SEO but did provide traffic. But the item is discontinued now, so it is for you to decide if it is worth the trouble to clone this one or not? I thought it was disposable here since it will stop making any money eventually.

Most of the sites that are specific to product selling in the matter of SEO or e-commerce from experience personally and other Marketeers will vouch for the domain name having the main keyword.

The 3 site examples I gave was due to my grasp on coding/development.
    These sites are not even fully optimised, they rank well for keywords sure; but the bulk of traffic comes from plugin extension sites. I just wanted to show credential for my credibility on coding/developing.

inet, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    surf4fun likes this.
  2. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for clarification.. reps coming

surf4fun, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  3. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No Problem.
    What is rep?

Incidentally I have another site that I am working on to rank. In all fairness the site has been in my possession for over 2 years, but there was not much happening; except for in the last 2/3 months when I started to focus on SEO.
    It sits at 19 in Google for a highly competitive keyword, when I get it on the front page I will give you a detailed description of what I have done.
    It is an e-commerce service, therefore it sells physical products; can be highly profitable. However it belongs to the wife and she is so lazy :) We will not see much purchase on the site now (it has made money) since she is not willing to assess what the competitors are selling more and be more competitive or maybe give away a free ebook or samples or something.

Anyway once I get to the first page I will do a detailed analysis so you can get a good look at the sites and see the results.

You could clone that one :p but I intend to sell it off once on the frontpage of Google, so will not make any difference to me. LOL

inet, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  4. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    Is the behind website "The Star" is yours? Then I wouldn't care if you get $50K each month.. LOL :)

WebmasterTL, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  5. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    you dont know what is reps?

its not girl or women rape.. its reps.. increase your forum reputation the green bar on your right side...

click usercp and you will find my last rep.. rep can be +positive or -negetive

i feel everybody should add + rep to inet..

atleast he shown a example site as reference what can be done with affiliate products.. and what to be done in the process of getting there..

6. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, that would be nice. I have been experimenting with a killer method I discovered for back links from related blogs. I got a client through DP and he has given me the most competitive keywords I can image **hint** its almost as bad as the Internet Marketing field :p. Anyway the point is I think the rep may assist in giving me credit to get more work, since that thread did not get much response, but hey I got a paying customer and hopefully a happy customer since all of the backlinks are between PR 4/6.

I guess people can be sceptical to part money to people with out 'rep'.

Nice one, thanks Man.

inet, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  7. Netmark

Netmark Peon

Best Answers:
    Just want to know which is the hardest barrier to pass? 1000 unique a month, 5000 or 10K uniques?

How about other revenue sources? adsense? amazon associate, etc?

Thanks so much for the such as a helpful post!

Digital SLR guide

Netmark, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  8. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    netmark nothing is hardest barrier

You can get shit load of visitors just posting something interesting or bookmark worthy on 100 high traffic forums.. how u get that content create that content or make that bookmark worthy website or tool.. is the hardest barrier..

similerly for affiliate websites 0r blogs
    You can submit 1 article to 1000 article directory or 8 reputed ones

and get 1500 to 3000 backlinks within 10 days and rank high on google..

and get 250-300 visitors a day for good keywords

but how you create such repeat visit article and content is hardest barrier

you can even hire some one to push yourself high on digg or stumble or propeller or any high traffic social sites...

you can buy Instant ppc traffic from google for from top 10 content site related to your keyword by manually providing the site urls in google.. example if you promoting a SEO service.. you can buy banners in digital point forum from google.. and other webmaster forums..

GETTING TRAFFIC ISNT HARD..
    Creating visit worthy content is hard..
    Thats where everyone is lacking

when you open TV channel.. You dont like to watch crab content.. you always search for good programs.. and become regular visitors of those programs.. just like you are regular visitor of digital point forum..

but the industry is very saturated now..
    4 billion dollar.. and 8 billion wants its share.. with 5% making all the 4billion and 95% fails

6000 targated visitors on a ebay affiliate blog makes 90$ 100$ sales monthly
    Similerly 10000 visitors on a google adsense site hardly makes 200$-300$ monthly

Very pathetic income.. unless you have 100 content rich sites..

9. kceleb9

kceleb9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very impressive - i have had much greater luck with PPC than with CJ or affiliate marketing - the work and wait cycle on the advertisers has always turned me off - but your post makes me re-consider.

I don't do alot with blogs though - so i'm not sure if my sites are at the right point of the buying cycle.

kceleb9, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. netrover

netrover Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not going to join the bragging as high as most of you but I will offer a realistic brag!!!

I have made 19pence from two bans ebay sites in two months. I am also from the UK so you will need to convert that to see my profits in dollars.

I'm now in the process of writing my ebook of how to achieve these results.

Seriously though, how many websites do some of you who make a serious income have to have running?

netrover, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  11. cool_fs4u

cool_fs4u Peon

Best Answers:
    wow! thats more than full time income! excellent!

cool_fs4u, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  12. InternetG33k

InternetG33k Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the helpful tips

InternetG33k, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  13. bunch

bunch Peon

Best Answers:
    That is one sweeeeet screenshot, I hope someday I will get somewhere with the things I am doing.

bunch, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  14. deadzoners

deadzoners Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you think that there was luck involved? What if you did not receive that "boom"? Were you frustrated and sold your blogs already?

deadzoners, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  15. leonusst

leonusst Peon

Best Answers:
    great thread

leonusst, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  16. rdthewall

rdthewall Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was really inspiring for a newbie like me.:)
    I have put CJ ads 2 days ago and have got 17 clicks with CTR 0.8%:( and no conversions yet.

rdthewall, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  17. LiftedRoom

LiftedRoom Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips...

I do well in the AdSense arena ($5k US per mo) and am moving into the affiliate area... do you always go with blogs for your affiliate marketing to avoid costs / ease of set-up or do you have another reason for avoiding the standard website?

LiftedRoom, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  18. narutorocker

narutorocker Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not going to lie nabbs was very inspirational to me when I first came across internet marketing and seen the amounts he was making I said I can do the same because I love the internet and practically live here. I don't make as much as him or many people but I just got a 410.00 day yesterday which was awesome and nabbs played a role in me exploring internet marketing more. Thanks for the motivation ,if it wasn't for motivation I would probably still be working my ass off somewhere for pennies.

narutorocker, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  19. elrhino7

elrhino7 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the screenshot. That really hyped my desire to learn more and apply what I learned so that I can be as rich as you.

elrhino7, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  20. kayhere

kayhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow! that is very inspiring. Congrats man!

I have just started and don't find the time to improve my websites :(

kayhere, Jul 17, 2008 IP