1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My buyer filed a chargeback on me for Unauthorized Payment. I'm so mad!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Nakitabenjamin, Nov 19, 2010.

I was notified by paypal.com on (November 17, 2010 which was before yesterday) that one of my buyers filed a chargeback and asked the credit card issuer to reverse a payment made to me on Oct 18.

Her Reason for Dispute: Unauthorized payment

My buyer claims that this purchase was made without authorization to use
    the credit card. Their credit card issuer needs additional information from
    me about this transaction.

This bitch is crazy i'm telling you.

I have all the proof saved up and I have submitted all snapshots of every conversation I had with you since Oct 11-October 19. I also have proof that she did sent me money through Paypal and that I did send her my attachment files such as MP3 files and documentation files through Gmail.com.

I told her there are no refunds because she would potentially own/have full credit and royalties for the beat/lyrics/song once you use/sell the song. She bought it exclusively from me personally and that she did approve of the song before she made a decision to buy my song. Her excuses are lame and not reasonable for a refund. She have all the time in world to do the song.

BenjieProductions has provisions to distribute two types of license rights, "Exclusive" and "Non-Exclusive". A beat designated as "Exclusive" is licensed (sold) to only one person, entity, or company by BenjieProductions. "Exclusive" rights are grant on a "work for hire basis. Upon purchase, the buy acquires all rights to the work as if the buyer had created the work his/herself and become the sole owner of the work according to the terms listed in BenjieRecords. "Terms and Conditions" policies.
    "Non-Exclusive"
    beats can be licensed (sold) to multiple people, entities or companies multiple times. "Non-Exclusive" licenses are granted to allow the purchaser to make one derivative of the work and provides for one commercial use of the work derived thereof. Buyer should list the producer, author, or seller with production credit for this work.

SHE GOT IT EXCLUSIVELY. SO THERE ARE NO REFUNDS :).

(HER FIRST EXCUSE) "i dont want the other beats nor the so 1 u sent me i dont have time 4 it rt now i didnt do the track nor use the beat but thanx anyway but i want my money back1!!! i just dont have the time 2 do it rt now so can u go on paypal & refund my money back"
    (LET ME REPHASE THAT FOR YOU) "I don't want the other beats nor the one you sent me, I don't have time for it right now. I didn't do the track nor use that beat, but thanks anyways, but I want my money back!!! I just don't have the time to do it right now. So can you go on paypal and refund my money back?"

(HER LAST EXCUSE) "I wamt my money this isn't what o love my kids is wjat I love but I will get it back trust me."
    (LET ME REPHASE THAT FOR YOU) "I want my money! This isn't what I love, my kids is what I love. But I will get it back trust me."

NOW THAT I POINT OUT SOME PROOF TO YOU ALL. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE OUTCOME MIGHT COME UP TO? WOULD HER PEANUT-HEAD WIN OR WOULD I WIN?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Nakitabenjamin, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  2. nmridul

nmridul Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to know about the chargeback. It sucks.. But it doesn't matter what we think, only what paypal thinks is what matters..

nmridul, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  3. niks00789

niks00789 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bad Luck dude !
    Cant say more than this.

niks00789, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  4. Nakitabenjamin

Nakitabenjamin Peon

Best Answers:
    So why you respond to this thread? I need someone who actually been through this situation before to respond to this thread. Have you been through something like this before?

Nakitabenjamin, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  5. Kill3r

Kill3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Call paypal and tell the situation :) This would be great and good luck

Kill3r, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  6. workingsmart

workingsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submit all of the proof you have to paypal = The "dispute resolution" area has a spot where you can fax in the documents... So put together and print out the emails with headers ( date / time stamps ) along with the screen shots of any IM or chat sessions and fax it all to Paypal. They will attempt to fight it for you.

You only have to prove that SHE is the card holder. There is no argument of whether or not she received the "item" here, only the validity of the identity of the person that paid you.

It can take up to 120 business days to resolve it so fight and fight hard. Be sure if you call Paypal, ask for a supervisor and make sure to take down their name.

Good Luck!

Cheers!~

workingsmart, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  7. Nakitabenjamin

Nakitabenjamin Peon

Best Answers:

This is how she sent me money. She made a paypal and I told her to send me money at Nakitabenjamin@gmail.com. She sent me 90 bucks. Does that count? Because I have proof that she sent me 90 bucks from receiving an email from paypal.com that she did. I had a code where I had to accept the money before I recieve it.

I sent paypal every snapshoot of every conversation I had with her from October 10-October 20. From the beginning I sent her the TERMS AND AGREEMENT that she can not do the following.
    By accepting the Beats/Lyrics, you agree to the following terms of service:
    1. You have received ALL services and goods in question, and the sale is FINAL.
    2. There are NO refunds, returns, or chargebacks.
    3. You will not create false paypal disputes regarding this transaction.

I have a picture of her and I sent that too. Is that good enough?

Nakitabenjamin, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  8. workingsmart

workingsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a picture is not going to prove that "she made the transfer"...

Because the chargeback is based on "unauthorized transaction" you have to help prove that she is the person that made the transaction so email conversations, etc... will help you more than anything.

Good Luck!

Cheers!~

workingsmart, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  9. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're probably more likely to win the PayPal dispute but don't take my word for it. Send PayPal all the information you have regarding the transaction between you and her. Some buyers try to play buyer's remorse card and later report that their CC was fraudulently used to their financial institution and/or PayPal depending upon how they paid for goods/services through PayPal. Did you send her an invoice through PayPal? Or did she send you the money directly after your conversation regarding the MP3?

muffet, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  10. cool_PTC

cool_PTC Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to avoid any dispute on PP either by using CC or PP balance is by creating an invoice using PP. Guys, I had explained this to another member a week ago. Please read the posts about disputes, so that you are safe always.

cool_PTC, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  11. easyhostingplans.info

easyhostingplans.info Peon

Best Answers:
    @coo_PTC
    need URL of the thread.
    Thank You.

easyhostingplans.info, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  12. Hmmm..

Hmmm.. Peon

Best Answers:
    The seller can't do anything in the case of 'digital' products unless you have a proof of delivery (postal proof). In this case, paypal is just a middle man and the credit card issuer will give the final decision. The process could stretch up to 4 months or even more depending on your response.

Hmmm.., Dec 5, 2010 IP
  13. MrBoss

MrBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    Just refund and move on.
    Do not waste your 120 days in settling the issue.
    Believe me... until the dispute is settled you can't sleep. Why not put your time in more creativity.
    Let it be the cost of doing businesses online.

MrBoss, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  14. Hmmm..

Hmmm.. Peon

Best Answers:
    Also the paypal will charge you extra $10 as a settlement fee. That will be felt like putting salt on sores.
    ouch... BTW that's a good advice by MrBoss !

Hmmm.., Dec 6, 2010 IP