1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My bouncerate is around 70-80%, I run a very well optimized blog...

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by crook, Sep 26, 2012.

Hello,
    My blog thatfix.com has a steady bounce rate of 70 to 80%
    I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, my website is cached, I interlink between posts, related posts is active...
    What could be the problem?
    Help and/or suggestions are very much appreciated
    Thank you

PS. Does google automaticly penalize websites with a high bounce rate?

crook, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  2. seoexperttools

seoexperttools Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, Google do not penalize website with high bounce rate because it is just not reasonable. New websites often have high bounce rate and maybe the post featured in your blog is not attractive enough for the visitors?

seoexperttools, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  3. crook

crook Member

Best Answers:
    not sure if you meant this but here's an example link to one of my articles;
    http://thatfix.com/2012/09/kendrick-lamar-art-of-peer-pressure/

I get a lot of traffic from googles images for some reason,
    Is my bounce rate percentage including the traffic I get from google images?
    If so, wouldn´t it be smarter to disable indexing of your images by google
    thanks

crook, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  4. Aman Gulati

Aman Gulati Peon

Best Answers:
    if google penalize websites with high bounce rates than , it should penalize himself first because google itself has a bounce rate of more than 90%, can you tell me whenever you search anything on google how often you spent time on Google homepage, that's why google itself bounce rate is so high.

Don't worry my friend , you will not be panalized, concentrate more on showing related posts which are similar to the current post and make your titles attractive which can attract more of your visitors.

Aman Gulati, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  5. crook

crook Member

Best Answers:
    thanks man

crook, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  6. jessiekai

jessiekai Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to post content based on users ideas. Make the content simple and understandable by the users and also presentable. Surely the bounce rate will be reduced.

jessiekai, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  7. Mega Mind

Mega Mind Member

Best Answers:
    improve your content quality and uniqueness ......

Mega Mind, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  8. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need to have good offering contents in your website.by far you have this.it will just a matter of time.i think it will get cleared by some time.(my experience)

falsebook, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  9. zingzing

zingzing Peon

Best Answers:
    You might not get penalized for a high bounce rate but a low bounce rate might help you increase a bit in search engines rankings

zingzing, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  10. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently bounce rate is one of the factors google includes in its ever changing algorithm. Have you looked at analysis from your site, and found out which search terms visitors are landing on their from? Maybe they aren't finding the info they want?

As for your homepage it looks ok, maybe a magazine style format as opposed to blog would be more beneficial?

jamesbrands, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  11. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Crook,

Do you get maximum visits from social media websites like facebook or twitter compare to search visits? If answer is yes, then you will have high bounce rates as social media users often spend less time and leaves website as soon as they find what they are looking for.

And if that's not the case, i.e you get more visits from search engines but still has high bounce rates then your content needs improvement. Visits from search are often detailed oriented and will typically scan your website if found interesting.

Hope this helps :)

seo-first, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  12. umeedngo

umeedngo Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you are right and i am completely agree with you.

umeedngo, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  13. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    I am medical seoer in medical equipment company , and I have log in so many blog , and submit so many articles.

lorraine02, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  14. biggerlol

biggerlol Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you should improve your content quality and uniqueness

biggerlol, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  15. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    Content websites or dictionaries may have high bounce rate which is not a matter to be worried about.

diziadvice, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  16. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

To help you, I'd note the following...

1) What is your site about? After spending a few seconds, I think it's about music. Am I right?
    But how obvious can that be a to a first time visitor who just spends 1-3 seconds on your site?
    You need to be concrete clear about what your site is about.

2) Target your visitors better: where are they coming from, are they really looking for a site like yours or are they looking for something else?

3) Is your site optimized for all major browsers? Check what browsers they're using and then see how the site runs on each.
    Browser versions are also important.
    Suppose your site works badly on one browser and people leave it because of that...

4) You don't have clear big juicy navigation buttons on the site. That feels bothering. Many people might leave just for that.

5) Which are your key subjects? I see a list of musicians, songs, but it is not obvious what categories of services, products you're offering. You should create category buttons and categorize your content

6) Create a big juicy search box and put it up there in a visible area. Some will start searching, which will lower your bounce rate.

7) Which are your key pages through which people visit your site? A site might attract in visitors unevenly through pages that aren't quite the best... check out which are your main visitor-attracting pages and then optimize those as well.

8) Are there any slow loading issues?

9) Do you have junk traffic? Like poor quality sites, bots visiting your pages? You can ban junk traffic through the .htaccess file. But it's a little complicated through a code...

10) Check bounce rates per page in Analytics - perhaps there are a few pages dragging the entire site down?

Here are further tips on how to reduce bounce rate:
    http://www.sparkjunction.com/stream/how-to-reduce-bounce-rate.htm

Mr.Dog, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  17. midnightblur

midnightblur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You won't get penalty but you should worry because high bounce rate can lead to down keywords ranking in long-term. And it's not only about SEO, the longer people stay at your site, the more money you earn, right?

midnightblur, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  18. ItsAdam

ItsAdam Member

Best Answers:
    I don't actually worry about high bounce rate when I know my website is highly optimized. I have a theory that when your website is highly optimized, visitors find out what they are looking for easily and leave your website sooner and that's what causes the high bounce rate. It's just a theory. But it makes sense to me.

ItsAdam, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  19. sachinairan

sachinairan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is normal to have high bounce rates for the blogs specially new one. The bounce rate is when a visitor exits the site without visiting any other page on your website and for blogs this is quite normal as they were referred to a specific page on your blog (blog article) by a link or search engine and the visitor was only interested in that particular article and he may have not wanted to visit other pages on the blog. So, this bounce rate is normal and it can improve as the time goes by and if your blog still remains popular.

The high bounce rate doesn't effect directly to your adsense or google rankings. But, the bounce rate is one of the factor in google algorithm to decide the rankings of a keyword.

sachinairan, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  20. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    High bounce rate is a cancer it will slowly kill a website. The only way to fight bounce rate is user engagement in the blog. Your blog should be connected well with other blogs and quality of content should be very good. Please compare your blog quality to that of top blogs of hubpages. There you will see how to make blogs and articles really interesting.

Naina S, Dec 6, 2014 IP