1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My bounce rate is 89% :S

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by zackthemacgeek, Jul 5, 2011.

My traffic has been steadily growing but I have a really hard time retaining visitors. I have related articles under my posts and "next & previous" button below the articles. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but my bounce rate is 89% !! Does anyone see anything I am doing terribly wrong? My website is zackthemacgeek.com and I believe I have a lot of interesting articles on there. A lot of my traffic is from reddit.com so maybe that's why? Hmm. Any help is great, thanks!

Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.14.12 PM.jpg

zackthemacgeek, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  2. zackthemacgeek

zackthemacgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Not going to lie I am pretty disappointed no one had a single thing to say.

zackthemacgeek, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have just under 16K visitors and 19K page views.. That is not even 1.1 page per visitor.. So something is really wrong.

Your site was a bit slow to load when I looked at it,, also you drop down menu pushes the page content off the screen when you mouse over..
    I did click the read more on one of your posts,, it got me 3 extra lines,, i think that if it was only one more sentence, you might have made room for it at the front post.

I would look out for a darker theme, and not to make readers click for more if there is only 2 or 3 more lines of text..

other then that, your site looks fine,, just hang in there,,

Not a rub..

satguy, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  4. zackthemacgeek

zackthemacgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa, never realized my menu did that! Thanks for pointing that out! Maybe that glitch through a bunch of people off and I am sure load times don't help much either.. I am actually experiencing extremely high traffic right now from Youtuber FLuffeeTalks so maybe that's why it is slow loading?? Other than that GoDaddy hasn't been too good to me. Do you think a lighter theme would help??

5. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would look for a dark one..

satguy, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  6. zackthemacgeek

zackthemacgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I made my own theme I could easily change the colors. Maybe I will post a poll and see what everyone thinks first.

7. reivand

reivand Peon

Best Answers:
    wow man...your site is really confusing, you need to work on theme and the page...remove unnecessary things like social bookmarking on your header, your top page is better used for other information regarding your site...try to make it simpler, good luck man!

reivand, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  8. PalmGeo

PalmGeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Remove the pop-up for sign-in and change the font of side bar(popular etc). Give some White space between every post and work on colors too.

PalmGeo, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  9. KISS

KISS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend reading several articles about reducing bounce rate. There is no need for us to repeat everything here. Just search in google "reduce bounce rate" and read top 5 results and apply what you have learned and you will be fine :).

KISS, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  10. seogenies11

seogenies11 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no relevant and meaningful content in your site. Just write and upload some fresh content.

seogenies11, Jul 14, 2011 IP