1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My blog is coming up instead of my website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by yugam, Feb 3, 2016.

Hello Frds,

I have website with wordpress blog in it. Today im fetching my keywords ranking in google and I get to know that my blog is coming in search engine but not my website. Earlier, when there is no blog then my website is coming in search engine (Google).

Could you please help me to sort out this issue.

yugam, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  2. harleynash

harleynash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    your website is not in the search results at all? or is it just lower than the blog?

harleynash, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May your backlinks are pointing to your blog instead of your website or your blog have some good amount of appealing content.

iwebsocial, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  4. neel

neel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I am having similar problem in my website as well.My posts are showing in the first page of google for some keywords..But instead of showing the particular url of the post and title, it is showing the blog name and url...Could you please help??
    If you could help me I will send you the problem details in PM.

neel, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal, as when you add something in your blog, your sitemap (if you have any!) helps Google and other SE's index much easier your new posts... Not the same with your website! ;)

patco, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  6. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have meta tags in your html code? Google meta tag generator and get yourself some meta tags to add to the code of your html website which you have a wordpress blog in (or attached to in my understanding) hope this helps, you can always get the trial version of dreamweaver and use their meta tag generator which is built into the software but if you google around for meta tag creators you should find one, this is assume your normal site does not have meta already in the code, could be something with your code is all I'm saying.

TuesZ, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  7. Shahidul Islam Rakib

Shahidul Islam Rakib Member

Best Answers:
    There can be some reasons.

1. You are creating backlilnks for your blog posts only. Not for the website pages.
    2. Your blog posts keywords are low competitive than your website keywords.
    3. You are passing link juice to your blog posts only, Not for your website.
    4. Your Website keywords are too high to be in the first position.
    5. There may be some problems in your website like HTML SEO friendly code, title tag or description.

Shahidul Islam Rakib, Feb 7, 2016 IP
  8. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google shows home page most of the time. But Google needs to identify the home page. You could try following;

-Check whether home page is allowed to crawl in robots

-Does your website have enough content to attract search engines, if not add some

-Make sure to have link back to home page for all pages including blog.

LinkGenie, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  9. Pranali W

Pranali W Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is happening because might be you are creating backlinks for your blog posts, not for your website pages. Also your blog must have good content, so that it is crawling by search engine.

Pranali W, Feb 9, 2016 IP