1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Best Affiliate Payer

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ecchi, Nov 18, 2015.

This is an affiliate I rarely see mentioned. However, with the exception of selling my own goods, they are by far the best money maker I have. So I thought I'd mention them here. This is NOT a "sign up through me" post, they don't have a "sign up other webmasters" bonus (although this post is not 100% altruistic as you will see further down).

The company is https://www.smashwords.com/ They act as an intermediary, selling eBooks for other authors and publishers. I started using them as an affiliate simply because I have a science fiction novel I sell, and a science fiction website to push it. But because most of the pages on the website were a story about an intergalactic police officer, they did not contain SE keywords such as "science fiction, sci fi, SF" etc.. and by adding adverts for other science fiction books I could include phrases like "in this science fiction novel" and "read this sci fi story". You can see what I mean on this page: http://www.science-fiction-stories.info/sci-fi-novels-01/sf-stories-001.shtml

However looking at my returns from https://www.smashwords.com/ I am getting a lot more sales from them than any other sponsor, in fact I am getting about five times the number of sales per sponsor as from my next best sponsor. So I strongly advise you to check them out. (You have to sign up as a buyer to join their affiliate program, but you do NOT have to buy anything, it is 100% free.)

However there is two things to note:

Firstly, the author/publisher sets his own percentages, and the amount you get per book varies. Most only offer 11%, but many offer a much higher percentage. You can see the percentage listed at the bottom of the book page.

Secondly, most authors do not supply much in the way of advertising material. Just a "widget" advert and a book description. A few offer more.

However one author offers just over a third (35%) to the affiliate and also offers a good selection of sales tools. You can find their affiliate website at http://makemoneyfromplanetdominatrix.com/ Since they offer so much more you may want to use that book as your main book to sell.

(Although remember I said that this thread was not entirely altruistic: For "full disclosure" purposes I'd better point out that I wrote that book!)

ecchi, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  2. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there much in the way of niche's and topics, as I have seen plenty of similar style websites have a really small range of products to advertise.

Thanks.

IsayHey, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  3. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Although I only have one book to sell, the main site (Smashwords) has thousands, on every conceivable topic and genre. However most only have the "widget" to advertise them, not the same quantity of material as I supply.

ecchi, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  4. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will check it out. If it's only widget, does this mean I cannot get a simple link to a product?

IsayHey, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  5. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    You can use a simple code if you like, I just meant that the only additional promotional tool was the widget. But if you want to write your own ads, you can simply use the link code with your affiliate ID included.

ecchi, Jan 3, 2016 IP