1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Affiliate Marketing Journal To Make $100,000 In Less Than 1 Year

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by GreatWebSuccess, Oct 22, 2009.

Hello everyone,

First I'll start off with a quick and short introduction of myself. My name is Danny and I live in TX, and own a Web Design studio. I've been developing web sites for about 8 years and things are going well. You may ask, well if things are going well why are you going to venture off into Affiliate Marketing... well why not? There's nothing wrong with making more money on the side without spending too many hours a day working it (not at the beginning of course).

There have been many great success stories and I plan to jump in on it as well. I've sold some Clickbank things in the past, but never really pushed it to the limits (and with other companies). My goal is to reach $100,000 in less than 1 year. Is it possible, of course. Is it going to be hard, you better believe it! Am I determined, absolutely!!!

Tomorrow is going to be my official first day but I'm going to jot down some notes to keep myself accountable and on track. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them - sharing is caring.

Most of the strategies that I'll be utilzing will be free, howver there may be some tools used that'll "push" everything a bit faster. I/You don't necessarily have to use these tools, but I'm sure they will work to my/your advantage. I plan on doing bum marketing, social bookmarking, blogs (self hosted and blogger type ones) and possibly a landing page that I'll design myself. I'm not really sure what type of landing page may be the best to use, or if a squeeze page would be more beneficial.

My goal will be to write 3 articles a day for each of the niches that I will be promoting. Today I will be researching 3 products, 3 domains and start writing 3 articles for each of my niche. I will be spinning my articles and making them 100% unique to use for each of the article directories. The article directories I will be utilizing at first are: Ezine Articles, Buzzle, Articles Base and Article Dashboard. My social bookmarking sites that I will utilize will be Squidoo, Hubpages, Blogger. I will also throw in RSS Aggregators and Yahoo Answers in the mix as well.

I'm not going to mention the products I will be promoting nor the domains for obvious reasons. With the domains I purchase I will setup a WordPress blog and post spun articles to them. I will utilize one of the top mentioned Article Directories as my "main" article and use the other ones to point back to it. The same strategy will be used for the social bookmarking (each module will point to either another Web 2.0 Authority website, my main article and/or my self-hosted WordPress blog).

The last thing that I will also be doing, which I don't think has been done before, is to create a video tutorial of my journey for 30 days. I will show you what I've done in a step by step manner that is easy to follow and will outline everything that I do for 30 days (obviously I wont mention THE product I promote or anything like that, for obvious reasons of course). This may or may not be sold after 30 days, depending how things are.

The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started searching for ways to get started with Affiliate Marketing, all I found was junk online. There are a few good resources that I've come across that outlined step by step what to do, however most of those don't tell you how, or show you how it's done. I feel this as my way of contributing back to the online world.

Thanks again,

Danny

GreatWebSuccess, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    3 articles a day? They better be godly articles if you're expecting $100k in less than a year writing only 3 articles a day per product.

brada7x, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Brad, that's what this thread is about. It's all about learning and sharing the experience with others.

If I need to bump up my articles daily than that's what I'll do. Remember i'm determined to hit my goal so I'll so what or takes to get there.

4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh for the love of god. Not another journal.

dlm, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  5. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Dlm, I'm not here to entertain you in particluar. I know there are a few of these type of threads but it's pointless without making daily updates.

I plan on keeping it alive and with valuable information. That's the purpose if this thread

6. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think if I read it correctly he said 3 articles per niche, not 3 per day.

hamidap, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  7. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes jm55 3x3 is 9 per day. 3 per niche 3 times a day. If my efforts aren't enough this number would increase.

Keep in mind I will be spinning and will utilize other tools that one would pay for. I believe by doing this it will increase the links to my main article and increase it in the SERPs.

8. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting, good luck to you! Although I would suggest if your first video set goes well you do a weekly/monthly overview of your campaign. Cutting off after the first 30 days would be disappointing, especially if you manage to do really well. And, just my two cents, but I'd try using a squeeze page for sure. Especially if you want to try and write as few articles as possible. Do more upfront work and make an engaging e-course delivered by email (maybe even create a product specific bonus) and then gather an email list. Giving yourself a year you can definitely build up a list of thousands per niche.

Nanashi, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  9. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you recommend squeeze page > wordpress blog or squeeze page > affiliate product landing page, or something else?

10. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    @jm55

Some of us actually read posts all the way through before making comments.

I said , at the very end of the sentence, PER PRODUCT. Meaning 3 per product per day, not 3 per day total.

@GreatWebSuccess

I know you were saying you're going to do what it takes and that you're looking for guidance. Wasn't trying to attack you. I was just stating you're going to want to push more articles out than that.

It may sound like quite a workload, but honestly, 15-30 articles a day is what you're going to want to shoot for if you're looking to earn primarily from bum marketing. If you can't write them yourself, outsource them.

As for landing pages, it's really a matter of personal preference and testing. (Learned this from Petehols)

I personally stick to blogs. The reason I choose a blog-style is because if the product I'm promoting at the time ever dies out on me, I can just change up my posts because I center my blog around a niche, not a single product. If that makes sense to you.

brada7x, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  11. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not actively email marketing yet, so don't take this as law or anything, but my plan when I start (based on people who I know have been successful with it) would be to squeeze them straight to the product. If your landing page doesn't convert them but piques their interest you've probably intrigued them enough to open your email. From there you can plug your blog later. I don't really see the point in making them jump through an extra hoop if your landing page presells well enough, but I guess you'd have to test this.

Nanashi, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  12. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking about it tonight before I start tomorrow (may start late tonight) is creating a landing/squeeze page similar to this for each product - http://store.tricleanse.com/landing...=48&s1=28953&s2=&cid=103630&referring_url=#ic

I was doing that to a: capture their email, because I know the real $ is in the email, and then b: once they fill out the form to direct them to the landing page of the product I'm promoting. If I do direct domain redirecting I"m going to lose out big time on emails and from past testimonials heard this wasn't really effective.

Your'e right that I can always plug in my blog at a later time... I may perhaps try 1 product for blog and another one for squeeze page similar to what I posted, we'll see!

13. Crafty Blogger

Crafty Blogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Should be an interesting experiment. I'm somewhat new to affiliate marketing myself (although been doing adsense for a while now) and will be following the thread to see if I can learn from your mistakes. :)

Crafty Blogger, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  14. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Crafty, I'll be happy if you can learn from my mistakes. There are millions to be made here and I just would like a small portion of that :)

15. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck, with some hard work and smart marketing you can surely succeed. I am very interested in this thread, as I currently make between $500-$1,000 per month with clickbank and need to improve on that! I also use article marketing, so I wish you good luck and hopefully we can both learn some things.

mlord10, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  16. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok it's about 3 am now and I gotta get to bed. I have already selected the product and niche that I'm going to target for now. The domains have been purchased and I'm going to redirect them for now until I get time to design my landing pages.

I've also been doing some keyword research so I can start writing the 9 articles tommorrow.

GreatWebSuccess, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  17. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I welcome these journals. Like with everything in life, most projects don't get finished. But if there were no journals at all, we'd never see any success stories.

rolf, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  18. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe you can make 100k in 12 months only with article marketing. Thats 300$/day! Each day..
    Who knows, I might be wrong, but you need to submit/write/outsource a huge number of articles each day. Anyway, good luck

petyard, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  19. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made as much as $1,300 in a single month from article marketing. I am not bragging about that because I know many people are probably doing a lot more than that just from writing articles. What I am saying is that article marketing, just like anything else can be scaled up to provide a very good monthly income. I think that $100,000 per year article marketing is not only possible, but with hard work and a smart plan in place is a very realistic goal.

mlord10, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  20. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am doing exactly the same thing as you're planning to do it.

However, I am a little worried or probably I just have a doubt whether ezinearticles.com has stopped affiliates from posting live affiliate links within their articles?

Just saw this stuff on ezinearticles.com blog. Here's the link:

Our War With Affiliate Marketers

What do you guys think? how to deal with this thing guys?

I want to understand how to deal with this better.

omshanti, Oct 24, 2009 IP