1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense Journey From $0 to $2637 per month In 2.5 years!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by COBSolutions, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    COBSolutions, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. cyberskye

cyberskye Peon

Best Answers:
    It is great to see one word repeated in many of your posts--HARD WORK. I am also trying to make a living with adsense and have been told by a "guru" that in the beginning, you must do all the work yourself otherwise you won't master the nuts and bolts.

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) Do you use an exact match domain name? Eg. RoundBlueWidget.net. It would be very difficult to find such a domain for a competitive, high-volume search keyword so can you elaborate on this?

2) Do you have keywords on your inside pages that are more competitive than your main keyword but still rank well in google?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

cyberskye, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  3. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Well, hard work, there is no synonym for that or i never replaced that with anything else in the beginning, though now i have the resource, hence i do it.

When i started off i never knew about exact match domain names, so i went with one that is good looking (sic!) though now i feel that would have required lesser effort from my side during rankings, but nevertheless most of my sites barring one site has now keyword itself in the domain, but yes, if you can get hold of one with keyword in it (exact match is more or less not possible) would help in rankings.

Generally my homepage is the one which is targeting the most competitive keywords and i target all related long tail and less competitive keyword in the niche and since you target a broad base keyword for the homepage you will end up finding hundreds and thousands of long tail keywords, i create pages for those long tail ones and then keeps adding pages related to those keywords and do internal linking among them and throw some backlinks to it, what i have seen is when you hit the first page for your homepage keyword, that gives an authority in the eyes of google and it is then pretty much easier to target the long tail ones, i have one keyword in one of such website inner page which gives me more traffic than the homepage one, because for homepage keyword the site is in 5th spot and the long tail one it is in 1st spot, i am quite sure when i land up in the first spot for the homepage keyword my other long tail ones will automatically get ranked for 1st spot, that is without much backlinks but with authority of the homepage, why do u think ezinearticles has so many single article pages ranking for their keywords, it is just based on the authority of the homepage, so that is what you need to build upon.

COBSolutions, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  4. derago21

derago21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @COBSOlutions

Good Job mate... Just want to ask u some questions.. I recently made a blog on Movie Niche... Am getting approximately 70-90 visitors daily with an average of one click or 2 / day.. i know movie niches pay low... still i find something fishy.. that when i see two clicks per day and still earn just 0.01$ (for 2 clicks) can you help me, what problem am facing?

Blog is just 25 days old :) am doing social networking, you tube and seo for getting traffic!

derago21, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  5. MarketCap

MarketCap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cob,

I lost few good ranking domains because of hosting issues later this year, I never thought that would be a problem for my sites and I used shared hosting package, that causes me the problem. How would you tolerate on hosting issues? Any advice.

Between, are you a girl or a guy? :)

MarketCap, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  6. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Blog is just 25 days old, you need to give more time for it to age and get rankings, just work on it, no niche is bad, just concentrate on a broad keyword and try to rank for it, you will find yourself getting hordes of traffic. Clicks will come and money will follow when you have regular organic search traffic.

This was one of my first lessons in IM, i have lost a domain which was earning me $300 per month to a notorious host who used to register domains in their names instead of clients, but i was lucky that i had unique content on the site, that site was ranking first for its primary keyword and the domain was 2 years old and site was well aged. I was lucky to have one point in favor of me, that is i was using adsense in my sites and there was my actual address with google, so what i did, i registered a new domain and placed the same content in my site and placed the adsense ads in the new website and started promoting it vigorously, went ahead and reported the original site and gave clear details and whatever i could, and even copies of newsletters that i used to send to my 5000+ subscribers of that site and some logs which i had extracted from that site and my control of the adsense account that i have with them. Though i never got a response from google, in 2 months time i found that the original site lost its rankings and started getting de-indexed and was completely out of google in about 4-5 months time and my new site started gaining rankings and 3 years hence, that site still earns me $300 consistently per month and is sitting pretty at 1st spot in google for its primary keyword. Yes, if you have patience and ready to learn from your mistakes you will gain in the long run, but dont dump IM because of some mistakes that you did. Today i dont keep the domains with the host, i keep the domains at godaddy and point them to the host i need. Well that is what i learned from this mistake, as well as what google follow "do no evil" i believe they still follow that, just that you need to give them time for the same to be executed since you need to understand the volume of business they handle on day to day basis and some might get lost in all of this (i am ranting this because i find a lot of people complaining in this forum about google not responding to what they need).

What could you understand from my avatar :D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    COBSolutions, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  7. MarketCap

MarketCap Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Lessons has to be learned and that we can learn from the mistakes. Do you recommend any good hosts so for you got some good positive things on them for long term?

MarketCap, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  8. kp_mastermind

kp_mastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hii
    my questions
    1.Do you use image ads?
    2.Ads
    Article
    Ads
    this format or you mix up ads in between articles?
    3. Which color should you use?Completely Blend it , red or pure blue for ads? Blue gives high ctr. Please review my placement and color in my blog from my signature.
    Thanks, really happy , an indian earning this much
    Rises one more question?
    4. Which country traffic? Indian traffic can't give this much
    5. after what traffic did you start experiment on placement,colors etc

kp_mastermind, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  9. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    @kp_mastermind

I will answer one base on my readings and experience.

About eh color completely blended is a best strategy for adsense for it to be more profitable in the long run. I mean most people know this one and many are using this kind of strategy about blending the ad to their template.

Elitegeek, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  10. JamesIsHere

JamesIsHere Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all the great answers - congrats on your progress and I wish you continued luck. I just got back in the game after losing my website (it was not backed up) about four years ago and had a couple questions.

1) I write on my finance blog (what I studied in school) and I am working on social networking submissions. I submit to as many social networks as I can find (digg, reddit, fark, linkagogo etc.) but I feel I am still missing many. Do you have a list of the ones that you use if you are still using them. Also, do you submit to them for every post/update you make?

2) My second question is the same as the first but for article blogs. In addition, do you really have to change around your article for each article blog, if so what is the logic behind this?

Thank you again - you have been very helpful so far.

JamesIsHere, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  11. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Your answers:

1.Do you use image ads? - I use the option both "text and image ads"

2.Ads
    Article
    Ads
    this format or you mix up ads in between articles? - I place the ad in the upper fold, that is after the heading and two lines of content i place the largest rectangle ad

3. Which color should you use?Completely Blend it , red or pure blue for ads? Blue gives high ctr. Please review my placement and color in my blog from my signature.
    Thanks, really happy , an indian earning this much rises one more question? - I blend it, though i run the test initially during the set up stage and see for few days which one is working, but once it starts earning money i dont tinker with it much, it is not wise to tinker with a working strategy

4. Which country traffic? Indian traffic can't give this much - US and UK traffic as my niche is based on the traffic from those countries. There are niches which can give traffic from Indian sources, but there are not many advertisers currently on Adwords targeting Indian audience, students, teen and job niches are other niches where there is huge Indian traffic and earn well too

5. after what traffic did you start experiment on placement,colors etc - As i said earlier, i tinker with these setting at set up stage itself, i dont do any playing around once i have the traffic and start earning money, may be a bit superstitious too :D

Here are your answers:

QUOTE=JamesIsHere:Thank you for all the great answers - congrats on your progress and I wish you continued luck. I just got back in the game after losing my website (it was not backed up) about four years ago and had a couple questions.

I dont bookmark all my pages of the site, i might have done few of my pages, nothing major at all, but i did the natural link building methods and diverse in nature, have never gone for mass bookmarking or things like that, just go about your link building business as any small webmaster would do, and occassionally buy services (link building) when you can afford it.

Pardon me, i could not understand your query

Thank you again - you have been very helpful so far.

COBSolutions, Nov 8, 2010 IP
    Paidi likes this.
  12. JamesIsHere

JamesIsHere Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I wasn't clear for my second question. I was basically asking how many article directories you submit to and if you do submit to many do you have a list of them?

Also, as far as natural link building do you mean just waiting for people to link to you simply because of your good content?

Thank you again!

JamesIsHere, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  13. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    I submit to my list of article directories, currently there are around 1500 of them out of which after removing that do not approve articles as well as niche directories there should be around 1000+ and around 250+ good article directories (have PR, nice alexa, fast approval, faster indexing etc). Of course, since i have my article submission service, i use that for my submissions, of course, another point here to note is that i became proficient with article marketing since i used that heavily for my own site promotions and i knew the nuances and learned the tricks of the trade.

By natural link building i mean, link exchanges, one way links, 3 way links, web 2.0 links and whatever kind of link that comes to your mind, forget about whether it is dofollow or nofollow, just grab them and keep them coming, as link diversity is also one factor for getting decent rankings, yes of course, if you write good content links comes (very) naturally too.

COBSolutions, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  14. ameerulislam1

ameerulislam1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I have never seen any better adsense journey story than this one. Really really inspiring. But the problem of most of us that we give up too soon. This waiting game is really tough. And market is getting saturated every day. You might have done this within 2 years. In future this could take up to 3-4 years. The world is place for tough competition. If you can't hang on you will extinct....

ameerulislam1, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  15. cyberskye

cyberskye Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey COBSolutions, thanks for your detailed reply which makes sense. I don't have your courage and have diversified with about 20 smaller sites right now but I'm focusing on three of the best performing niches. I will make more like them and probably sell the ones that are not doing so well. Again, thanks for a nice thread.

cyberskye, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  16. Paidi

Paidi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great story.

It would be great if you post tips about article marketing too (a guide kind off) :)
    What are the PR of your sites ?
    Which spinning s/w do you recommend ? or should we do manually ?

Many thanks

Paidi, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  17. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you post tips about article marketing too (a guide kind off) :) - yeah, an ebook huh and sell it for $37 like all the GURUs, hmm good idea, well the best tip is keep doing it and learn through your own mistakes and that is the best learning, no one can hand hold and teach you everything

What are the PR of your sites ? - I dont bother much about it, just post the articles where you can find an article site, "backlink is a backlink"

Which spinning s/w do you recommend ? or should we do manually ? - I dont believe in any spinning software, there is no substitute to human brains and of course, one tip, rewrite at sentence level and not at synonym level, it is so much easier for search engines to find the game when you spin at synonym level and submit to hundreds of sites.

COBSolutions, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  18. gjedda63

gjedda63 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats with your awsome results ! Ihave read the entire thread and have a question; have you ever used profile links?

gjedda63, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  19. Paidi

Paidi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont believe in any spinning software, there is no substitute to human brains and of course, one tip, rewrite at sentence level and not at synonym level, it is so much easier for search engines to find the game when you spin at synonym level and submit to hundreds of sites.

That means you/your employees write 500 re-write versions of original articles ? Great!

Paidi, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  20. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice story, but you have a lot of help if you have employees who can do the article submissions, article writing on your site as well.

Most people, like me, are playing alone to the adsense game. So that's why I did the things myself but after some time I had to make multi-users sites and also automated sites because doing everything alone is a lot of work and my goal is not to work that much, I always try to lower the work/money ratio :)

JamesColin, Nov 12, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.