1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My adsense for search dream down the drain

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Googles76, Jul 27, 2005.

I emailed Google to ask if I can implement my Adsense for Search into a web browser that I am currently developing. I thought that if I had a home page with my AS for search code on it and if my browser became even half as popular as FireFox that there could be some dough to be made. They replied saying that it would not comply with their current adsense policy but said that they will forward my question to the development team as they are always looking to improve the program:rolleyes:

Just in case anyone here has a similar wacky idea, don't waste your time.

Googles76, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  2. clpounds

clpounds Peon

Best Answers:
    This is definetely against the tos and g probably has no interest in a small development project. I would think they would be more interested if, lets say, firefox wanted to do that.

clpounds, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  3. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just don't see why it would be against TOS. The homepage is pretty much just like any other webpage with adsense for search on it. The only difference is that I advertise this page through my browser. There are many software programs out there that advertise their website.

Googles76, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  4. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the browser?

younghistorians, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  5. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definately against the TOS
    "A site or third party cannot display our ads, search box, or search results as a result of the actions of any software application such as a toolbar. No Google ad or search box code may be pasted into any software application. We may not accept sites that are associated with some types of client-side software or offer these types of client-side software."

Not against the TOS.

Still couldn't figure out what you are actually talking about

iskandar, Jul 27, 2005 IP