1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense Account Disabled - I think due to a click attack

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by shanne69, Jul 12, 2006.

1. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
    i get baned from adsense i dont know why?

shahbaz419, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. heybert00

heybert00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a question, were you running Kontera before this happened?

heybert00, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  3. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    No - I wasn't running Kontera before it happened. I added that a few days later. I just felt like I needed to be doing something. Since this situation, I learned that it's good to have backup plans.

shanne69, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's important to note here that Adlogger in specific doesn't break TOS, so far as I can tell from its behavior, and the TOS. (Please correct me, if I'm wrong...)

A) Adlogger displays a breakdown of stats- visitors and a variety of other things. It will also post a list of "clicks" on your site, but as most people have figured out, these 'clicks' are recorded not when the visitor actually presses their mouse button on an ad on the site, but simply when the user moves the mouse cursor in an ad area. Therefore, any 'click rate' numbers are only rough approximations at best. Not to mention that these stats are protected by a user name and password for the most part, so I think the claim that any sensitive data logged by adlogger can be easily viewed is somewhat misleading.

B) Adlogger does add code before and after the google ad. However, adlogger specificly adheres to the TOS by *not* modifying, altering, or changing in any way the original adsense code. The PHP code added before and after simply does a database lookup to see if the current user's IP is in the database as having *moused over* more/less ads than the set limit, and the depending on this information, will either show or not show the ad. It's kind of like an automated way to choose whether or not a user sees ads in real-time, based on how many times the user has 'moused over' the ads on that site.

Therefore, since to the best of my knowledge, the adlogger program itself when used as intended is unlikely to be the cause of an adsense ban. I think it is likely another issue that got these users banned, and the fact that some of them may have been running adlogger is purely coincidental.

Telmari, Jul 21, 2006 IP