1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense Account Disabled - I think due to a click attack

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by shanne69, Jul 12, 2006.

I woke up this morning to find that my Adsense Account had been disabled. I think I may have a had a click attack - that resulted in fraudulent clicks... I don't know or possible a third party software violation (which I have none).

"Account Not Active
    An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application. "

I've already responded to google with the necessary data to help support a case in getting my account reinstated. This is heart-breaking as I have put in countless hours to pull this site up. And finally when I got my ads optimized and I started getting better results - My account is stripped from my hands... still warm from updating to site.

I got questions:

1. Can anyone find anything on my site that may be a violation (www.theloftcritic.com) I need to get what is wrong corrected ASAP!

2. Has anyone had any success getting an account reinstated (if yes, how long did it take)?

3. Realizing that one monkey doesn't stop the show... I signed up for YPN this morning (until I get something back from Google), whats the turnaround on that?

4. Has anyone had any other success with another program with relevant ads. (I tried adbrite... the kinda suck).

shanne69, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell you this has nothing to do with invalid clicks or a click attack. Google would inform you if it did.
    From the sounds of this email, it looks like you never had an account in the first place. What did the original message they sent say?

Tyler Banfield, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  3. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I checked mail.

4. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    :(

They are saying that the adlogger program seems suspicious. I am so sick I could puke. I mean really.

5. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man that sucks I mean are you sure you never clicked any of the ads? There must have been something wrong unless it was a mistake like which happened to someone else but then again they did review your site again go for your yahoo publishing

amedno1, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  6. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know - I signed up for YPN this morning. That will take a while to get an account. I literally have my marketing dollars going the drain at the moment. I'm still dizzy from it all.

I'm sure I never clicked my own ads. I should have known something was goofy yesterday. When I checked my stuff, I had ctr that were abnormally high. But it happened after I optimized the ads on my site. Hell, I thought I had just done a good job at it (thats about the only thing I can laugh at right about now.) Turns out - something else goofy was happening.

I used adlogger to monitor - I had just got installed on Sunday (google said that was SUSPICIOUS).

And I've been using this program called Revenue Checker that automatically logs into google and checks my earnings for me.

I have no idea what could have gotten screwed up.

7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

"click attack"... yeah, I'm sure people have nothing else to do but sit in front of their computer and click on some adsense banners all day long :rolleyes:

fryman, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  8. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just the same way you have nothing better to do than sit around a post this dumb picture all over this forum everyday. It's getting Lame - aren't you tired of it?

9. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What I'm tired of is people like you who get caught by Adsense and first thing they do is run to a forum and cry about it

fryman, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  10. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shanne, how did the message you replied sounded like ? The first ever reply.

Cristian Mezei, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  11. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    and it's becoming more worse than ever when a ppl like you just throw a piece of crap into this thread, with that disgusting pic, without understanding the people really, do you think when an account is disabled due to click attacks, then the ONLY reason is it is the publisher's fault ?? Look at what's happened to Expertu.

rewlie, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  12. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Again... you only come off as lame.

13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Expertu is well known here and on the net. He has almost 3,000 posts and at least has read the Google TOS and policies. And I don't recall him inventing some weird "click attack" or similar nonsense excuse.

fryman, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  14. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    The first message - I was sincere about trying to correct whatever the problem was. Stating that I could fix anything that may have caused it.

15. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    You judged ppl just based on the "posts" "here" ?? Please define "on the net", we are not talking about 100 ppl browsing the internet, it's a big number, at least some percentages.

rewlie, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  16. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for proving my point fryman - there are people out there on the net that have nothing better to do than harrass people. You had nothing constructive to say here.

17. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shanne, you mean you sent an e-mail (as a reply to their first e-mail to you) to Google, with exactly what I see in your initial post ?

Cristian Mezei, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  18. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to use external softwares to track your click rate when google already provides you with "channels"? Why couldn't you log in to your adsense account once a day instead of using an auto loger?

I think a better option would have been to simply track "stats" and optimise high traffic pages more efficiently...
    As far as I understand, to track clicks using any external script, the script will obviously have to interupt the normal channel somehow. This could have caused some troubles.
    If you get accepted for YPN, please keep all this in mind.

I sincerely feel sorry for you...
    To avoid wastage of your marketing dollar, you can meanwhile place some affiliate links or banners. It will get you something...

JEET, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  19. shanne69

shanne69 Peon

Best Answers:
    I chose adlogger - so that I could watch traffic realtime, monitor click attacks, and all the features the program said it would do.

I chose the revenue thing, because I have spent so much time dedicated to making ad optimization work well with my site, I as though it was my newborn baby. I think I smothered it with all the attention.

I was quite dedicated to this project.

20. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    no offence fry... but you have no idea.
    there're lots of clickbots out there and people run them against someone, or they can just be clicking randomly. There're zombi click networks with bots installed on computers of users like us who have no idea.
    There're lots of mean and bad people out there. They can hack your host and replace your adsense. They can get your adsense banned just to get you out of serps... it happens. not much, but it does and that is the biggest problem of adsense and contextual advertising - fraud is much easier than with affiliates.

as to the op, the site doesn't seem to have any traffic, so I doubt anyone would care.

DomainMagnate, Jul 12, 2006 IP