1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My account with yahoo has been suspended..a nightmare! I need input

Discussion in 'General Business' started by east2west, Mar 21, 2007.

I am going through an absolute nightmare today. This morning I wake up to get started replying to emails, to discover that I cant log into my yahoo mail account. Simultaneously one of my staff members approaches me and says that our website is not working, and says it has been taken offline.

Horrified, I scramble to try and find out what the hell is going on. I finally locate a 24 hours yahoo small business customer service number. I call, and the lady there says that I have an account abuse issue, and my account has been suspended. She can’t tell me why, she only tells me that I must call some company called Melbourne IT. This is an Australian company, that I’m still not sure what the hell they have to do with anything. I call this company, and was placed on hold for 30 minutes. Then I was transferred 2 times, for some man to come on the phone and say that he has no idea why yahoo would tell me to contact them, that yahoo is my web hosting and if my account is blocked it is not because of Melbourne IT, it is because of yahoo.

So I call yahoo back, and explain this to them. The still cannot tell me what the abuse is, or why my account is terminated. The lady gave me another number to call back at 8am central time, I ask her what this number is, and she said it is the account verification department. Why would they want me to talk to this department?

How can, without notice, yahoo terminate my email and website. I have NEVER abused yahoo, and have been a customer for over 5 years. This is a complete nightmare! I have customers that are depending on me today, and this has completely ruined everything.

Does anyone have any theories about what this could be about? I am totally shocked and dismayed.

east2west, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  2. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know I am going to get hate mail for this one but here you go :)

I have used this technique in ONLY a few occasions but you'd be surprised, it has worked every time.

Call 408-349-3300 and ask to speak to Terry Semel . They aren't going to let you through, so ask to speak to their secretary. You may or may not get through. In either case, go up as high as you can go. From there, explain your situation. Don't be rude or confrontational. Just explain the situation and ask them what can you do and who can you speak to. They are going to try to get you off the phone and refer you to online support, just explain that this is serious and unless you get a response, you will call back every 30 minutes and do it. All and all, this will get attention.

I once did this with Verizon for example, over the next week, I had 10 techniques come out to my office.

Hope this helps.

pc_user, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  3. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Call the number you were given. In the meantime think about any actions you may have taken that could be falsely considered abuse and compile proof of no wrong doing. Also familiarize yourself whith the TOS of your contract with Yahoo so you are completely prepared when you call.

I experience a similar problem with my hosting everytime I send a newsletter.
    Out of 50,000+ registered users it seems there are always a few that don't remember signing up so I get a warning about spam.

It never goes beyon that because I always have the apprpriate unsubscribe link and am ready to show solid documentation of all my actions and prove they were appropriate.

bunnybling, Mar 22, 2007 IP