1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Account Sabotaged: I've Been Booted!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I joined CJ awhile ago, it's a bit hard to navigate and can be quite confusing but if you keep visiting the site you get a feel for it.

You have to apply to the programs you want to promote, some approve automatically, most will give you a yes or no within 24 hours, the others can take up to a week to approve or not approve you.

There is one thing I didn't notice when I submitted my sites. There is a box to put the url of the site with the programs relevant to that site, this could be a bit of a hassle when you have 100 sites covering different topics.
    You need to submit to the right programs for the right sites or you may not be accepted. Apparently once you are knocked back it is hard to get them to change there minds.

Break down your sites into various categories then submit using the best site for each category. This will make it easier for you and once you have been accepted you can then place the affiliate ads/code on to your other sites.

Hope this makes sense, if not feel free to ask.

Cyclops, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  2. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I use CJ since last few months. I found it good and one more way to earn other than adsense. Even one lead or sale from CJ ads is enough to cover my 3 days adsense earnings. The thing I did not like with CJ is, their reporting is too slow. Second thing is, if I have been accepted by some advertisers, I can see their names in a drop down, but I want to see them categorized, which I cannot see. It does not make sense to me, to keep finding which ads to be chosen for some site. It takes time for me.

maverick, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  3. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true that it's very difficult and the known cases of reinstatement are few, but they do exist. Apart from Joeychgo on this forum (congratulations!), some examples from other forums:

Suzyvirtual
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/5960.htm
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/6176-10-10.htm

Asp4bunnies
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/5794.htm
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/2528.htm

T2dman
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/7468.htm

Tebrino
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/4602.htm

Kensav
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/7485-3-10.htm

Chillax
    http://www.gidforums.com/t-5701.html

I don't know details, but advertisers often mention that Google gave money back to them from invalid clicks.

Juan G, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  4. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a site without any content but two adsense ads and one adlinks. Why this kind of site didn't get any punishment

alang, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  5. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    Great. I think this info is very useful.

solution2u, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yeah...heh...I been accepted to all the programs I want except one highly lucrative investment newsletter. I'm trying to see what I can do to get them to reconsider.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  7. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Slow reporting doesn't really bother me. As long as the program is honest and pays consistently, it's all good.

AmCy

8. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Can anyone suggest a good alternative to G's AS for Search program? I need something for my search portal site. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

AmCy

9. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    You are at risk anyone, once you sign their agreement they can cancel you and keep your outstanding payments at any given time even if it is a problem that is beyond your control.

Nobody is safe from their TOS agreement.

chiefshuddle, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  10. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    Well so was I and I am even 99.9% sure I know who the assbag was that clicked me out of their system.

Honestly they can kiss my ass, after seeing how easy it is to get screwed over by them I could care less. Thats why I switched to a CPM system and direct advertisers.

chiefshuddle, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  11. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the companies using CJ like to approve manually and take forever, so some patience is needed.

If you get rejected try emailing them from the details page. That usually works.

When you start showing some earnings they will approve you much more readily. I think advertisers can check publishers earnings or something.

MattL, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  12. domaintalk

domaintalk Guest

Best Answers:
    Well if you know who has done this, take a legal case or email adsense with this issue.

Though they mostly check ips before banning.

Regards
    V

domaintalk, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  13. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    AmCy, CJ is of coarse very different than AdSense, and it requires a different strategy to get good results. It's a good program, though, and after you get used to it I think you will like it.

tom22, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  14. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there is also Google Free WebSearch and optional SiteSearch, similar to Google AdSense for Search (without the earnings). Unless you want something different.

Info at:

Google Web Search and Site Search
    http://www.google.com/services/websearch.html

Juan G, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  15. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, I've not tried them but, on this forum, some have mentioned Searchfeed, 7search... For instance:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=209818#post209818

Juan G, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  16. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Don't bother, if there were any alternative to Adsense we would all know of it. There is nothing, anything you look at will just be a waste of time and you might earn 5 cents in a month if you are lucky.

Better change to some cpm or cpa banners.

fryman, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  17. swoop

swoop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry that I haven't read all 14 pages to see if anyone has suggested Amazon links as an anternate to AS. I don't get much from them, but they do bring in a few bucks. You can list particular items that are connected to your page, like recipe books on a cooking site, and they sell better than just generic "Shop at Amazon" ads.

With affiliate ads and with the Yahoo and MSN Adsense-like programs coming along soon (I hope), getting booted off AS should not be the end of the world.

Good luck!

swoop, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  18. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't read the whole thread due to time constrains, but I must say I feel sorry for AmCy. And, as all the other publishers, afraid it might one day happen to me.

Are you sure you have no idea WHY this might've happened? Any clue would help us all to prevent this type of incident.

super_kid, Jul 7, 2005 IP
  19. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    With Amazon, what happens if you have a UK affiliate account and a US based visitor clicks on your link? Will they automatically be taken to the US site?

fcmisc, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  20. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been earning really good with Amazon, sold over 30 books in the first month I placed their links, which surprised the heck out of me, and I only wished I joined them sooner.

I emailed google and they had no problems of adsense and amazon thingy's on the same pages either.

bluegill_catcher, Jul 8, 2005 IP