1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Account Sabotaged: I've Been Booted!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005.

1. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:

I call bullshit. They need disclose no more then the origin of the click. Any generic server log can do that and for the life of me, I can't see how supplying evidence of any so called fraud they are so certain of has to expose the precious algorythm.

That's just crap. Give the IP list.

They are accusing webmasters of fraud, a serious charge. They are keeping income, a serious implication.

Show us the evidence list.
    SEMrush
    Oh and PS. Those of of you that clicked one of your ads and reported it, even once and have your account later pulled for click fraud will lose hands down.

Way to treat your customers google. I'll probably be next. :/

noppid, Jul 6, 2005 IP
    www.AmCy.org likes this.
    SEMrush
  2. rjhere

rjhere Banned

Best Answers:
    And I think you have great sites by-the-way..... Your sites are far from made for adsense sites. Made for adsense sites are sites in my opinion are sites in which the only exit is a google click. You offer many different options through your affiliates and provide good content around them.

rjhere, Jul 6, 2005 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I sure will.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  4. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yes, there were AS ads on my free poker site, because it's not a "gambling" site. It's free poker. No money is solicited on that site; never has and never will.

Confess? Confess implies guilt, and I am not certain that I am guilty of anything. Hopefully, when they reply, they will provide details of what exactly caused my account to be terminated. Otherwise, we'll all be in the dark.

AmCy

5. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support!

I try to add decent content to my sites. Everyone is going to have their own opinion of what "made for AS" means, but to me: if the site is useful/entertaining even when the ads are pulled, then the site is not made for AS.

AmCy

6. sparkimarki

sparkimarki Peon

Best Answers:
    A better approach might be suspend payments for an account while the investiagtion takes place - this might seem fairer to those who suffer unfairly. I suppose a zero-tolerance policy makes the majority of people very careful not to ever click an ad on their own site - but it doesn't put off those who will always try to cheat a system.

To anyone who is banned who to the best of their knowledge has done nothing wrong I wish the very best of luck!

sparkimarki, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  7. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck AmCy, do tell us what google say in their reply. I think your sites are fine best of luck to you.

Critters, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support, Critters.

I've never been a "lucky" person. I've had to work for everything good that has come into my life. All I ask for is fairness, and considering all the AS spammers, cheaters and scammers out there still making money with AS, I have to admit my faith in the system has been shaken.

AmCy

9. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news AmCy but the same thing happened to me and I never got more than an automated response from the jerks, worse part about it is that I lost about 1 3/4 months of income (about $1400.00) with nothing more than the same BS email you got that explains nothing.

Oh well, my suggestion to you would be to find another ad network and start right away.

chiefshuddle, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  10. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't recall seeing anything in the tos that allowed free poker... i wonder if playing a gambling game was viewed by google as being bad for their reputation... were there ever any links of any kind to real gambling sites?

i think that a free poker game website definitely has redeeming social value for quite a few people... and i personally like your asteroids website... however, your poker site is clearly designed to make you some $$$... it's loaded with links to similar sites of yours, and even a couple of links directly back to itself?? could all that be construed as gaming the search engines, or perhaps as some kind of a gateway spammer website?

it's hard to imagine that google make a "mistake" in dropping an adsense publisher of this magnitude... has there been a shift in what's acceptable to adwords advertisers?

i'm thinking that a competitor deliberately sabotaged your operation with click fraud.

danimal, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  11. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I hear ya'. I've already reconfigured just about all of my high traffic sites. The very idea of sitting around waiting for a response like some sad, wet puppy offends me to the core. That's not a flame, just an honest fact. G's AS programs is great, and I'll miss participating in it, but my destiny is my own and I'm movin' on.

AmCy

12. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yup. I am also of the opinion that my free poker site has absolutely nothing to do with my account termination, and since I don't click on my own ads, my conclusion was--and still is--sabotage.

AmCy

13. Peter Sellers

Peter Sellers Peon

Best Answers:
    By George where have we heard that before

Peter Sellers, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  14. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Nope. However, I had recently installed some amazon affiliate links to books about poker. I still don't think that would be cause for a termination.

Many of my sites are linked together, which is just my way of cross-promoting my projects and improving SEO. It's really no big deal, and it's certain not spamming, IMO. I highly doubt that would be a reason behind a termination.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

15. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Haha...U r certainly barking up the wrong tree there :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :D

AmCy

16. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    When it first happened to me I emailed and emailed them only to get the same automated responses over and over. After tons of research I found that this is a very common occurance with adsense and nobody gets reinstated after a ban.

The thing is, they have millions of publishers running their code and don't really care about the thousands that take it where the sun don't shine because their automated systems that attempt to catch fraudulent activity are a joke.

I even emailed them that I knew the guy and or domains (address ranges) that he owns that was likely responsible but I never even got a single reply.

Essentially with me I banned someone from my site from being an a$$hat and they were a web master with some handy resources. Suddenly after years of running adsense I got the dreaded email 3 days later.

At any rate when you sign up with them you have to agree to their terms which essentially say that they can remove you from their system and keep your earnings if they feel in anyway that you or your site has broken their TOS agreement, so you are pretty much hosed.

For those of you this has happened to and think it is unfair, tough cookies...

For those of you faithfully running adsense and thinking that we are full of crap and must have cheated the system, just hope the day never comes when you receive the dreaded email.

On another note: AmCy I currently use casale media and burst media for CPM (safer) revenue, it works fairly good if you generate a lot of page views monthly.

17. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's common, but in some -few- cases the account has been reinstated after additional investigation by Google. It's indeed difficult to get more than the first "invalid clicks" email and the second "we cannot disclose any specific details" email, if they are convinced -rightly or wrongly- that any part of the Terms and Conditions was broken.

Surely Google thinks they are doing the right thing, so the only way is being, not defensive, but completely open and cooperative with them to clarify and correct the situation and, if this ends like in most cases with a ban from AdSense, starting using other maybe more difficult alternatives for advertising, or for affiliate marketing (Commission Junction...). You may see for example associateprograms.com or the ebooks by Rosalind Gardner, James Martell, etc., but succesful affiliate marketing means of course a lot of work.

Juan G, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  18. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Curious, any details returned by G?

tom

TommyD, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  19. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    Well if you know of someone that has been reinstated I would be interested in speaking with them because I went out of my way to be nice about getting totally screwed and contacted them many times without getting so much as an automated response.

I have other webmaster friends that have had the same thing happen to them and searched the internet far and wide for anyone with this problem that resulted in getting their account reactivated to no avail.

One of the things that really ticked me off was the amount of money that I spent myself on adwords campaigns. I was one of the clients that they were trying to protect by banning me. I even asked the adwords folks about it and they said there was nothing that could be done so I closed my account with them and started campaigns with kanoodle and burst.

Good luck but sometimes these large companies screw the little guy without even think twice about it.

My guess is that they didn't pay back all the advertisers with that money that they didn't pay me.

20. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to hear about your loss...

But you deserve a punishment. You built websites only for AdSense to advertize expensive keywords such as 'Student Credit Cards', 'Mortgage Refinance', 'Car Insurance' and other crap.

What kind of fucking mercy you are seeking?!

Kasparoff, Jul 6, 2005 IP
    Cyclops, Googles76 and explorer like this.