1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Account Sabotaged: I've Been Booted!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005.

1. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the party:

http://www.domainblog.net/2005/07/google-adsense-account-disabled.html

You were probably earning less than $5000 per month with AS, so to the AS Team, you aren't very "important." If you were earning $5000+ per month 1) you would probably still have your AS account and 2) you would have received an email from a real G employee and not an automated message.

If you really want to stick with the pay-per-click thing, you can beg them to reinstate your account, as some folks have had success using the groveling method, or you can move on and just wait for the Y! program, which is just around the corner.

I have not received a reply from G regarding the reasons for them "disabling" my account. I am obviously not going to sit around and wait for them to reply, so I consider my relationship with the G AS Team to be finished.

CJ is cool. Pay-per-sale and pay-per-lead are not as "easy" as pay-per-click, but once you understand the system, you can do very well with CJ. I have so far learned that--for me--it's only worth it to signup with affiliate programs that pay per lead, and some CJ affiliates pay very handsomely for directing web traffic to one of their online forms; Pay-per-lead: user fills out form = you get paid. Mortgage/loan/credit/debt affiliate program operators pay the best per lead, with online dating and web hosting also paying very well per lead.

New programs pop-up in CJ every day, so it look like the future is bright for the system.

I'll post again here soon about my adventures with CJ.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  2. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply, AmCy. What does CJ stand for? I don't think pay-per-sale would be good for me, as my site's target audience is mainly kids. What's pay-per-lead though?

Yeah, I was making much less than $5000 per month, but it is still unacceptable that G has done this. I'll take a look into Yahoo advertising also. Do you know of any sites with pay-per-impression?

darktsx, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious...

All those who claim they were 'victims' of click fraud and booted by G's AS program, if you don't know how it happened, what's the point of waiting for Y's program? I mean, if you can never fix the problem, cause it was someone else's fault, then won't you will be booted again because of click fraud?

If you don't fix the problem, to me it's still around. What can you do to fix it?

thx,

tom

TommyD, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  4. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I think that most folks would agree that click fraud should not be very difficult to deal with. If too many clicks come from the same IP, then just invalidate the clicks. I'm quite confident that most program participants would prefer to have suspect clicks invalidated, rather than having their account "disabled."

I think that G has implemented something along these lines now, as I was noticing quite a few clicks worth $0.00 in my account before it was axed. So it may not have been sabotage that caused my account to be "disabled", I just wish big G could show some professional courtesy and let me know what that reason is. That "invalid clicks" email is a joke.

I've written it before and I'll write it again: AS is a great program, and if you have a very high traffic site then you should do great with AS. But if you are in the program now and you make less than $5,000 per month with AS, then you should keep your options open, because the AS of today is not the AS of 2003, IMO.

It's those lawsuits. The more lawsuits a corporation finds itself in, the meaner it's policies will be, IMO.

AmCy

5. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AmCy,

This really sucks; I feel your pain, man.

I do have a quick Q that may be relevant to what's happening:

Do you have OTHER Google accounts, such as AdWords, Publisher, Froogle, anything? If the answer is YES, can you access your other accounts?

Also, following the issue of tracking the click, I have just worked on a client’s site that runs AdSense ads. I was installing AdSense Logger script there (http://www.adsenselogger.com) - a little gizmo that lets you track your clicks and see what pages they were coming from. I think some people posted here that they would like to have this written, so I wanted to announce it already exists.

Anyways, back to the topic: IMMEDIATELY after enabling this at the client's site I observed a visitor's behavior that G could have considered fraud (although it could have easily been a real person VERY interested in the subject): a visitor comes via Brazilian Google using G's own translation service (English-to-Spanish) as a proxy and makes 5 clicks in the very short period of time. I would hate to say that, but from the site owner's stand point there is no way to prevent that: the page with the ads was not reloaded, therefore you can't disable AdSense ads to the same IP (besides, it was Google's own IP anyways. You don't want to disable that one!) and you are not supposed to meddle with Google JavaScript to prevent these clicks at the publishers end. Therefore you are at the mercy of big G to detect these kinds of clicks and do something about it.

This was supposed to be a quick question and it became too long, so I wrap it up by saying there is a way to do publisher-side fraud click prevention, but it will require altering Google's code, which is a no-no, so let us all wait for big G to release more secure JavaScript for their ads. If that was up to me, I would also release a server-side ads code, such as PHP, in addition to JS, but that would be wishing too much, I guess…

Good luck with negotiating re-opening your account with big G!

1-script.com, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    No pain, just disappointed.

I have an active AdWords account.

I am not interested in having AS back on my sites at this point. I just want a detailed explanation of why my account was "disabled", and I want G to pay me the money I earned for keeping up my end of our agreement, i.e., delivering quality traffic to their AdWords customers' websites. $1,000 is not much to a behemoth like G (they are now the most valuable media company on the planet :eek: :rolleyes: ) so I think they should do what's fair and pay me, then we can "shake hands" and be finished with it.

AmCy

7. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HOLY CRAP

This is my first time on the adsense forums here and it's scary as hell. I am always paranoid about AS and this is why if I have a site making really good adsense I try and sell it to someone willing to deal with it.

This stuff is just plain wrong.

RectangleMan, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Building sites and selling them. Unfortunately this looks like the future of my operations. Now the search engines are tightening up there's way too much risk involved over the space of a year - sell that site for a years or a year and a halfs earnings to someone with the arrogance or balls to risk it.

If you have a site pulling in $100/day, someone will take it off your hands for $30,000, perhaps a little more, I'm sure.

If you can build up 5 sites like this, that's $150,000 you're sitting on in advance. Wipe the sweat from the brow and all that. I certainly don't need more worry in my life. I'd rather take the 12 months earnings in advance and sell up, invest in more, blah blah.

Build and sell. Build and sell. This Internet m'larky isn't good for the health, though some may find it exciting.

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  9. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    hrmmm can you set me up with this "someone"

Shoemoney, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  10. subhendu

subhendu Peon

Best Answers:
    God bless you!

Subhendu

subhendu, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  11. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Why do you feel bad for Shoemoney? He hasn't lost anything. :confused:

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    See how bad the paranoia is.. People are attributing bannings where non exist.

By the way AMCy, I don't understand the list of links that run all the way down the side of your blog. They have no relationship to the blog nor do they have any relationship to each other. What is their purpose?

aeiouy, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  13. subhendu

subhendu Peon

Best Answers:
    Account loss? Or only one of his accounts are banned?

subhendu, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  14. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    The blog is about domaining. Links are to a sampling of my domains.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  15. PCTechs

PCTechs Peon

Best Answers:
    AmCy, i'm on the same boat as you do ;-( I'm trying to signup with CJ

PCTechs, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  16. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    You may soon be invited to join Y!'s nascent Publisher Network as well. Invites are trickling out now, and I'm sure that the rate of invite distribution will increase dramatically as the word gets out (a la gmail.)

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  17. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I am excited for gmail also. I wish you well with them amcy!

Shoemoney, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    gmail? :confused: :confused:

fryman, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  19. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoe needs to get some air;)

Googles76, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    hahaha gmail.... i meant ypn... dunno wtf happen there....

Shoemoney, Aug 5, 2005 IP