1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Scottmweaver,what do you do for a living?

speed100, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  2. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    You do not answer the question*, but that's fine ! *L*

* What is your current monthly profit with Clickbank & Arbitrage (title of the tread) ?

September is nearly finished ;)

I do not think that 20% is a crappy profit margin

If I get a 20% profit margin on month 1 with new customers and I do get rebills with the same clients on months 2, 3, 4 ... it is a cool thing [of course that may not be for Clickbank products] ...

In the end, it's more than a 20% profit margin

Depends on what you are selling and how you can track the business

Another point is technical

An issue is going to be how you can pay Google Adwords $4000/month or $8000/month or $12000/month or ... (*L*) ... with 1 account and 1 credit card ... maybe you will need something else ...

;)

Forget about your "friend", speak about you, your experience, your own results ("My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage") ...

Or maybe your "friend" who is doing much better than you and who is giving you some advices could come here and open a thread about his experience

;)

Lastbutnotleast, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm on staff as a web developer at UCI (University of California, Irvine). And it's about to become my supplemental income. ;)

scottmweaver, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  4. SoftCloud

SoftCloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see you back, I remember reading your thread and thinking "wow" .. but I knew it was soooooooo long ago!!! But it's great to hear from you again you're an inspiration!

SoftCloud, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! It's nice to be back.

Man, affiliate marketing is so addicting. I was having withdrawals while I was away. :)

scottmweaver, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  6. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Results Scott.

Thanks for documenting and sharing. Your startegy (or your friend's strategy) is fine. And it is true that if initially you make any money at all that's a bonus.

Since you're making good money (20% is fantastic) once you analyse the keywords and get rid of the non-converting ones, your profit margin will shoot up.

Let's say you keep your daily ad budget the same. Then with less wastage on non-converting keywords, your overall profit should also jump. That is assuming there are enough search clients searching on the converting keywords. But you'll find that out soon enough and there's no cost to find out either.

Well done. Wishing you even greater success.
    Samo

Samo, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

Yup, that's actually going on all this week.
    Thanks again, Samo. :)

scottmweaver, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  8. Auriga

Auriga Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Scott!

Very nice thread! I actually read it through entirely, and took some notes ;) It's always interesting to actually see something come to life from the start on. You've given some very neat tips over here, for which I'd like to thank you!

I imagine that you're making now about $180 a day in profit? That's already quite an amazing trick, given that you've paused your quest for the summer months! I'm looking forward to hearing you tell us that you actually made a profit or > $5400 for this month (so that your average is above $200/day). That would open a lot of eyes, i guess...

Could you share with us how many campaigns you actually are running? In the past you had 8 products vs. 3 landing pages. I imagine that this has rizen a bit now? And what about the rating keyword/landing page?

Thanks again and good luck with your quest!!

Auriga, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  9. sandipk81

sandipk81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing + Social Networks.

Free and really works.

sandipk81, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  10. jeremy217

jeremy217 Peon

Best Answers:
    How about starting your own article network :)

jeremy217, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  11. nicheestates

nicheestates Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job Scott. Way to stick with it :)

nicheestates, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  12. search12

search12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope your good trend will continue.

search12, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  13. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    ScottM , ive just come across this thread now and I must say I have to admire what you're doing.. Sticking at it and passing on what you're learning..without keeping it quiet and sticking it in eBook!

More power to you my friend!

sparksflying, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  14. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats, Scott

SEOLinker, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread has been inspirational. Scott sometimes a while away gives you some new energy to do better when you dive back in.
    I have been doing this since 99 and every time I take some time off and come back I do much better. I have done that twice.
    first milestone was 100 dollar month .... then when you reach 100 dollar day it is soo sweet. As with the internet income can vary drastically but I still have a day job but really love doing this for the extra income.
    Even if this did surpass my day job income I would have a really hard time giving up my day job due to the fact i love that and the security it ads.
    Keep up the good work.

I think where most people fail in this venture is giving up after 3 weeks or 3 months. Most people do not have the long term vision to start any venture and this is like any other business if you don't stick with it of course you won't be rewarded. It is a very fickle industry and requires constant research and implementation of new ideas that probably are the result of good research and exchange of ideas with other internet marketers.

To me reward with this is being able to make enough extra income to enjoy extra vacations and nice big toys. To others the reward would be replacing their current job with this. Most entrepreneurs usually have a couple to several ventures to reach their goal.

Congrats on reaching yours .....

reapr, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  16. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a bunch! I appreciate that.

Well, to be honest, last month I started making $200/day near the end of the month, so I'm in about $2500.00 profit currently (according to my running tab). But this month I'm set to hit (and hopefully pass) the $6000 goal, barring any unforeseen hiccups. :D

Actually, I brought the focus back down to one and just poured all my energy into it. I literally work about 10 hours a day on this stuff alone. But I wouldn't do all this work if I didn't know I could push my profit up to $10000 and beyond. Let alone the fact that my wife wouldn't let me. ;)

Also-- I've split tested about 3 different landing pages over the course of a month to see which one converts best. When they say you need to constantly tweak and test things, they aren't kidding!

scottmweaver, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  17. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you elaborate a little more on this? :)

18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'd love to do that. Since I'm a developer, I could but I'll admit I'm not too savvy when it comes to pushing organic traffic to my sites. :D

As I said way back in this thread, organic traffic is the preferrable way to go. With small overhead and big traffic comes large profit!

19. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I have no plans of giving up any time soon. Not when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :D

20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes-- I definitely plan to stick the knowledge in an eBook sometime soon. After having read tons of crappy guides that basically gave me hints instead of real info, I want to release a no-BS guide to the public and hope it does well. The only problem then is-- I'm increasing my own competition. :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely make sure I profit from it, but I think actually helping people is rare these days.