1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    One point worth adding mate, diversify. Product sales can be very hot and cold. I went from making a couple of hundred dollars in commissions every month with one particular ebook, to virtually no sales overnight.

dcristo, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, excellent point, and one I will take to the bank. This week I promised myself I would make one new affiliate site each day for a week and see how my profits grow. :)

scottmweaver, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  3. bbc8712

bbc8712 Peon

Best Answers:
    doing a landing page may be uesful

bbc8712, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  4. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you guys making diffrent domain names for every product you watn to sell as an affilate? is it wize to sell all the products in 1 site?

wounded1987, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't actually know if an offer works until you get a conversion. You should be very cautious, especially as you learn, with how much you spend before you get a conversion.

I started affiliate marketing, literally with a $20.00 bill, and I have never lost money. I see some people spend thousands and thousands with few or no conversions and I cringe. Testing is your most important component, and you need to learn how to do it in a fiscally responsible way.

If you are not getting any conversions after a certain point you have to decide that the offer is no good, you are using bad keywords, have a bad landing page or some other component that is causing it to fail. Irregardless, shelf it and move on. Lots of offers simply don't work well. Don't assume just because an offer is available that it is worthwhile promoting. You can always go back and try something different later, but you need to find something to get your feet wet, something that is going to give you a glimmer of hope without a lot of work.

If you spend a lot of time on a bad offer changing keywords, changing land pages and the rest, you might just end up wasting a lot of time and money because the offer is bad. So you have to learn to discard those that are not working and move on to something else. Once you find one that gets natural conversions, then you can focus on tweaking the landing page, the keywords, the ads and the rest and try to maximize it and see how much real potential is actually there.

aeiouy, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  6. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    conversion rates are how much u sell in a % right?
    also, can u tell me what is gravity for a product?

wounded1987, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  7. fabrini88

fabrini88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Conversion rate is clicks(or visits) vs. sales, you can express it in a percentage.
    Gravity is a calculated number of distinct affiliates who earned a commission by referring a paying customer to the product.

fabrini88, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  8. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good points, AEIOUY. There's a lot of offers out there - some are fabulous, some are terrible.

Of course, the thing is, it's tough to abandon a campaign or lander you've spent a bunch of time on - even tougher after you've spent time and money from PPC clicks on it.

I think something that's absolutely imperative is to always be thinking it through from the point of your customer.

Put yourself in their shoes. Think: "If I was really looking to buy this kind of product, what kind of ads would I click on? What would I want to find on a landing page that would convince me it was something that could really help, and not just a scam?" and finally, "Would the product being offered in the way it's being offered at the price it's being offered at cause me to buy or not?"

Simple questions and mind-shift scenarios like these can sometimes cause fresh ideas.

Remember as well, a little market research goes a long ways. You may have found a product and think you can sell it to group A, but in reality, it's actually group B that has the need/desire/hunger for it. Market research combined with testing and critical analyzing will help push your sales higher and your costs lower.

-T

Telmari, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done both so far. For two products, I've created a similar landing page and one sells at least every other day and one doesn't sell at all. For both, I'm using a ton of keywords.

It just seems like there are market fluctuations and my $20/day budget doesn't allow for a lot of breathing room.

scottmweaver, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    True, but the question is - how long is the right amount of time to wait to see if a product just isn't working?

What's the right amount to spend per click? How much should you not go over?

These are tough to answer, because the wrong CPC could lead to zeroing out any profits.

11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. You should definitely look at it from a customer's perspective and do research.

I'm still in research mode, so I'm not profiting much.

My buddy is making around $175/day profit.. so I'm listening to his advice. :D

12. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Makes sense, about research and mode and all. Of course, there's some totally awesome ways to go about doing research & finding out exactly what's profitable in a niche - and what isn't for free... so hopefully your research is fairly low cost! :)

175$/day isn't too bad. Things do get kind of crazy when you get to the 1000$/day level, though!

Good luck!

-T

Telmari, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    You're at the $1k/day level?? :D

That's awesome.

14. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heheh... not quite yet myself... but I have some good friends who've had some 5k$+ days, so I'm getting my tips from them! :D

-T

Telmari, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  15. vahsi000

vahsi000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *sry for butting in* I think I need to make new friends :( seriously I don't have any friends that do affiliating (they most some of them make is a few bucks of adsense) and the people I know in person don't know if online marketing even exist... (I wonder if there's a place like myspace only for webmasters/affiliates).

vahsi000, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  16. LemonAden

LemonAden Peon

Best Answers:
    nice info guys!!

i lost 2k last summer through adwords when trying to use clickbank. it was before i discovered this forum and let me say, you guys are great help

LemonAden, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  17. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    5K$+ days?

Want to be my friend? :D

scottmweaver, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Butting in? Please do.

Sounds like you could make friends with some of the people on here and make a killing!

Oh, also -- I hate myspace.

19. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.. yeah. I've been making money on clickbank almost since day one, so I'm pretty happy with it. Luckily I have a friend leading me through it though. Otherwise, I'd be in the same boat with no paddles. :)

20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say that today has been excellent so far!

I'm up to $33.90 on ClickBank and my AdSense is already at $4.57 so I'm at $38.47 and I've barely spent any advertising money!

Seeing that it's not even 10:30 am, I'm pretty happy. :)

I'm well on my way, thanks to the help of the DP people!