1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh and Scott, I meant to ask you bro - how many CB products are you selling at this point? How many landing pages do you have for each (assuming you're split testing)?

Very inspirational post :)

mistergin, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great example of why not to use it. Most, if not all, of my websites have AdSense on them so I doubt I'd want to use this on any of those. I might, however, try it on a test domain so if there's any additional info you guys could throw out there, I'd definitely like to check this out.

scottmweaver, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm selling about 8 clickbank products and I have 3 landing pages. :)

I'm creating more today though, so we'll see how that goes.

4. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:

So I'm assuming several of those 8 are the same niche - probably doing a review deal or whatnot where you list all X products on the same landing page?

5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    A few of them, yeah. Why do you ask? :)

6. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh just the off-hand numbers. I've seen some sites do a landing page with 4-5 products and have all the links for the other 4 still go to their hoplink for the product they're hawking lol. On the other side, I've seen some that look like they're marketing 3-4+ products on one page with each product having their own hoplink.

One interesting psychological trait I've noticed is that many people don't want the 5 star product but almost always pick the highest #2 or #3 product instead. They don't feel like they're getting 'sold' or that they're not 'buying into the hype'.

In a case like this where you might be marketing a few products, it's a great win because even if you don't sell them on the main product, you still represent the others so you still cash out just fine :)

In cases like this, it's usually best to use the landing page to sell the CONCEPT, and then the reviews or whatnot to sell the individual item based on it's unique traits/description.

Man, great stuff in this thread :)

7. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i spent a lot of time reading this thread and conversations. What you guys are doing is setting up a page with information about a clickbank affiliate product and placing its buy now link and driving traffic to that page using PPC. Okay thats a good idea.

Well I have a Jokes website which already has about 300 - 400 unique hits daily from google (Not PPC but Organic Traffic). Now if i place clickbank affiliate links on my site everywhere, do you think there are chances of commissions. What do you think about humour related products ? How many clicks should the link get to make a sale ? I am just another starter with clickbank and my commissions so far are 00000000$ .

From past i had heard a lot about affiliate marketing but i never believed that it could make me money. In adsense i get about 50 - 100 clicks per day making me 2 - 3$ roughly per day. Do you think i could make more with clickbank affiliates.

I also want to get into this game. So plz throw some advice

aditya_sfs, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  8. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, exactly. I try not to "sell" people on my products; instead, what I try to do is inform them of the benefits of one over the other, according to my research and experience. That's why I have so few products because I try to research them all.

Something about .. real information and helping people that churns out more income. :)

9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you could make a LOT more with ClickBank! Just a quick search in the marketplace for 'comedy' brings back two results:

https://www.clickbank.com/marketpla...ubc=-1&keywords=comedy&sortBy=popularity&i=10

You could make banners for each one and rotate them on all of the pages on your website, as well as feature them on the sidebars (like you appear to be doing now).

I recommend something more eye-catching though, so a bit of research might go a long way in this case. :)

If you're making $2-3 per day right now, you could increase that to maybe $6-10/day on average, depending on how many products you sell. These products are definitely a win-win situation. :)

10. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    So i think clickbank only shows sales and commissions, it doesnt appear to be showing clicks. Do you track clicks through some script ? I used a script to count clicks because it will be better to find out how many clicks roughly makes a sale.

aditya_sfs, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to track actual clicks, I code my own counter but you can also use something like Google Analytics to see where your outgoing hits are going to. :)

12. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like that approach. As someone who's been in all facets of sales before, the hardest part isn't getting them to agree on the PRODUCT. It's getting them to agree to the CONCEPT.

Timeshare for example, is neat in concept, but has a terrible stigma (in most cases rightfully so). The hardest part selling them was gettign the people to realize it could HELP - at that point it was just a matter of which product they wanted.

I see these pages selling one product, several pages, lots of pictures and big red text, and being savvy, it's off-putting.

But when I see several products it's like my defense is lowered because I'm not guarding against one big scam, but instead 4-5 products which each may be scams, but are arranged in a format that doesn't make me immediately think so.

An old sales trainer told me to sell the way a predator attacks a horse. Run straight at them and they'll freak. Wind side to side moving closer each time and they'll let you get up to their face before running because the slow, steady movements are disarming. Not sure if it's true, but it was a hell of an analogy..

13. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    check out google analytics (www.google.com/analytics) - it's amazing. Covers clicks and all. I still haven't learned how to use it completely and I'm sucked into it. The stats are fast and useful and it's just a matter of copying a script onto one of the main pages :)

14. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's a neat analogy but how the hell do you "wind side to side moving closer each time" ? haha :)

I'm studying psychology to try to better learn how my customers think, and therefore what they'll trust and buy. I'm also studying statistics so I can see where trends are going and what they indicate.

This advertising business is very complicated, but fun to analyze.

15. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're studying psychology I would suggest a book by Robert Cialdini...Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. I haven't got through the whole thing yet but it's an awesome read.

m0rtal, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  16. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    I should have re-worded ;)

I meant to carefully approach, instead of moving forward, moving left to right slowly inching closer each time. Stalking the prey, so to speak :)

17. aco4god

aco4god Peon

Best Answers:
    Your goal isn't impossible. It's actually very simple. Just develop one gigantic website of 4-8 smaller once. Build a network of sites. That's what I'll begin to do.

aco4god, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  18. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not many things are impossible but if it was so simple everyone would be doing it :)

m0rtal, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  19. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, that makes much more sense! As far as the example goes, I mean.

But as far as the analogy-- I'm supposed to stalk my customers?

haha.. I guess that could work. I'd know everything about them!

20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree! If my goal were impossible, I wouldn't be shooting for it. I have a goal beyond that to get $10k/mo as well. That's also not impossible. :D

Each time I reach a goal, I know the next goal is attainable. So yes, building a network of sites is a great way to start off.