1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $250/Day Journey - Affiliate Programs

Discussion in 'eBay' started by stevewrightaz, Jan 17, 2009.

So I found DP about a month ago and have been doing some reading about affiliate marketing. I think I've done all the reading I can without just basically reading stuff over again. Time to get my hands dirty!

I'm thinking about going with review-style landing pages and promote either clickbank products or regular affiliate stuff I can find through a lot of research. If I need to create a lot of these pages to achieve my goal I guess I'll do what it takes. But this seems like a good way to get a feel for IM.

My Goal: As the title reads. $250 bucks a day in 3 months. That sounds like a reasonable goal for someone starting out like myself.

I plan on putting daily results at the end of every day into this forum, as well as answering as many questions or feedback as I can. I work during the day as a Software Engineer so the already late nights won't be changing.

I'd appreciate any input/criticism/advice that anyone here can provide. From what I've people are pretty honest and say it like it is and that's what I'm after.

stevewrightaz, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. jehnidiah

jehnidiah Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it, man, believe me. Make it your goal and you'll see that $250/day is easy as pie. It took me 8 days to get to that level -- I bet it'll take you less than that. :)

Good luck, and PM me if you need any help.

jehnidiah, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  3. jonteezy

jonteezy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, $250/day? Nice goals!

jehnidiah, sending you a PM also :)

jonteezy, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. kder86

kder86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your goal is more possible whether you are talking about $250 per day in revenue or in profits. 3 months sounds reasonable. How long it takes depends on whether you are focusing on using ppc or going the seo route and how much you have to spend.

kder86, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is my goal also dude well short term one:).

8 days how come you got it so fast with affiliate marketing?

powerlifer, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  6. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good luck, Well my goal is to start... and make at least 10 $ / day . :eek: , hope to find how in this thread.

newzone, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  7. wwwyatt

wwwyatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I started out a few months back but have had several $160+/days so far, its hard to keep it consistent though you have to build a network of sites promoting different products to be successful IMHO. I'm already making more than my day-job though, it's hard work, I'm not gonna lie but you have to keep at it, knowing there will always be failures is the best thing I have learned so far.

wwwyatt, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  8. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    wwwyatt nice one also, are you meaning more through affiliates or adsense or a combo?

powerlifer, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  9. stevewrightaz

stevewrightaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, so many replies. Thanks all!

jehnidia.....8 days? That's impressive. I hope my research is solid enough to yield some results. I will definitely be sending you a PM soon.

kder86....If I'm planning on doing this review-style landing page thing, going the PPC would be setting up my page and driving traffic to it through ads? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also hoping to find a few good niches I enjoy that I can test out. I spent about 2 hours or so today going through what I like and have some knowledge about. Will plug everything into Google Trends probably tonight when I get home. Gotta keep a social life I guess heh.

stevewrightaz, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  10. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $250/day in 8 days can be done only with PPC or another big investment like sending it to news or something like that. No way with usual SEO process.

Forget about adsense. It's shit.

If I'm planning on doing this review-style landing page thing, going the PPC would be setting up my page and driving traffic to it through ads? - Yes, you are correct.

DPParadise, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  11. larssonk22

larssonk22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This isnt entirely true, its very possible think about stuff like blogs, squidoo, twitter etc. Those things will flood your site with 1000s of visitors each day boosting your site up the google ranking. :cool:

larssonk22, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  12. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, if you are only producing landing pages then PPC is the only way to do it. You can do it by SEO but it will take longer and much more work. However, the results will be more stable and lower risk.

rolf, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  13. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    larssonk22, how is it possible with free seo in 8 days ? write your ebook with proof, I will buy it:)

14. larssonk22

Best Answers:
    Haha :D

Google can rank sites within a matter of hours, blogs are great evidence of this. Try this the day before a sporting event like a football derby e.g Man U Vs Man City google the teams + "online Stream", then an hour or so before the game google them again, you will probably find the whole first page has changed.

Google gives high marks for Facebook, Squidoo, Twitter, Digg etc. (of course myspace & youtube since they own them lol) etc. Last year I posted a video for the 35th Anniversary of Bruce Lee's death, there was much discussion about where the Bruce Lee Foundation was going to head and what will happen to Bruce Lee's art. A friend made a video and I uploaded it to a bunch of video sites, tagged it "JKD Frauds" and "Jeet Kune Do Frauds" and various of tags. Within 2 days my videos covered almost every position 1-5 and 8 and 9 if I remember correctly. And checking now they are still ranking.

Unfortunately we stopped there and didnt promote it, we had planned a website amoungst other things, but the potential for 1000s of hits is there. :cool:

15. sqallpl

sqallpl Member

Best Answers:
    Im also trying to get some earnings by affiliate marketing. But Im having problems with promoting my links. Im using only programs like adwords, facebook ads etc. But my ads in adwords usually stops after some time, because only way to get some traffic fast is using words like ebay (Im promoting free samples)etc., In facebook all my ads are dissaproved, Im still trying to make good ad.

Its hard when you have cash to promote and you cant do this.

sqallpl, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  16. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    larssonk22, I mean somewhat steady $250/day, not one-time:) For steady it will take time in google, no matter what:) I expect that you don't make $250/day with that bruce lee theme:))) that's why you still rank)

17. larssonk22

Best Answers:
    I make zilch it wasnt money driven, I'm not saying this is the whole thing just one keyword, like I said I would of made a whole Bruce Lee themed website. You would be surprised how many people out there still buy Bruce Lee books, DVDs and memorabilia. Maybe for a couple of months if I was inclined to do so I could make some moeny, if I covered other frauds in other arts I'm sure I could get sustain that figure longer "Pressure Points" would be a good one :)

Product launches are a good way to rank quickly for something because of the low competition

18. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    wow nice goal hope you achieve it good luck also tell us how much $ you spend for PPC advertising

mg_, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  19. stevewrightaz

stevewrightaz Peon

Best Answers:
    If I create a blog in addition to the product(s) landing pages I'm promoting, can I just link to my landing page from there as well? I figured a content blog, linking to a landing page could be a good way to create traffic.

But right now I guess I am most worried about making that first start and choosing a product that will not do so well. Could there be other ways of doing this besides a review style landing page I could try to test out?

stevewrightaz, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  20. larssonk22

Best Answers:
    Yes that what is known as a satellite site, a page that drives traffic to your main site, these are good for several reasons, e.g you can experiment as much as you want without risking the reputation of your main site.

Picking a product isn't that hard, like on click bank you can see how well each product is doing, if you know a particular market well you can jump straight or create your own product. I wouldnt jump in to adwords with thousands of keywords because the time and money it takes, test the waters first with a few long tails for a couple of weeks.

Watch out for paralysis by analysis we all suffer from it :D