1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2013 Linking Strategy

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ultimat1, Jan 29, 2013.

?

Are you currently using tiered linking in your SEO strategy?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

28.6%
  3. Huh?

21.4%
  1. Skyebug77

Skyebug77 Member

Best Answers:
    What tool are you using for this backlinking. I am assuming this strategy is automated in some way.

Skyebug77, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  2. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry to ask simple question there is a good info ..i have seen the image in the image there is 6+ 2 + what is that mean ?

i_am_dhaval, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  3. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

What you see in the diagram I shared is only the first tier links. The +6 +2 icons are the second and third tier links that power the first tier backlinks. The problem is that there are so many nodes that it would take a MASSIVE image to display them all, plus I save the secret sauce for paying clients, lol.

No, but for full transparency as well as to elaborate a bit, here is the Youtube node from the previous diagram zoomed in to see what we are doing behind the scenes.
    [​IMG]
    You see that we have links coming into our Youtube Channel as well as video, along with social signals that help with rankings and make everything look more natural. Each link that you see in the original diagram has many supporting links like this to help give it more power to your website.

Hope that makes sense.

ultimat1, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  4. david0019

david0019 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

david0019, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  5. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link tiers with footprints traceable.I think its being a great great strategy for today but not that great for feature.
    Why?backlinks profile looks artificial and links are traceable.

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  6. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    Likes, comments, social bookmarks, social shares and high PR links look artificial? I would think that is exactly the type of thing Google would be looking for to determine whether or not a Youtube video was going viral. Also, there is literally zero footprint if you do this with multiple accounts and IP addresses.

I recommend taking some time to set up some social media personas and spending a little time making them look real. You can use HMA VPN when setting them up so that each one is created with a different ip address, or you can outsource this task on Odesk or Elance. You get about 50-100 of these things and a good auto-poster tool such as HootSuite, Raven Tools or Buzz Builder and you can really build up some decent social signals to your website and backlinks that will help with your rankings.

ultimat1, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  7. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really thats a good idea.HMA pro yup I am loving using this proxy changer.Working for almost all sites except REDDIT.
    I shall surely apply this technique for sure.

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  8. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:

Dam so Google searches that deep? Down to whether or not a profile is on a unique IP... Yea I'm gonna have to outsource that

DennisKnows, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  9. Deirdre A. Samonte

Deirdre A. Samonte Peon

Best Answers:
    this is very helpful, thanks for this post. what's your scheduling for the tiered linking? how regular do you do your backlinking?

Deirdre A. Samonte, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  10. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    Not so much Google, but Facebook and Twitter and many other websites look for a lot of accounts being created with the same IP, which could get your accounts and your IP banned. It's better safe than sorry. I DON'T recommend messing around with fake accounts on Google Plus for obvious reasons, and if you do create them, make them look as real as possible and link your other social profiles to your Google Plus to make it look even more like a real account.

Some Web 2.0 sites and wiki sites can log your IP when you post as well and can make that info public for Google to see, so always use multiple IPs when creating these links as well

I usually wait a week or two before I start building the second and third tier links, and then I just spread them out over a 30 day period or so, after which I can use SENuke XCR to schedule regular link building (usually a couple of times a week) to those higher tiers. You can also use Fiverr to get Facebook likes, Tweets and retweets, and lots of other links to those second and third tier links to keep building power. I recommend not using these types of methods on the first tier, however. Anything that links to your money site should be quality.

ultimat1, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  11. Priya Sen

Priya Sen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great strategy, perfect all-rounder.

Priya Sen, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  12. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I would add, is too look at Ahrefs.com for the top positions long tail strings of your competitors and find out where some of their bigger links come from and then reach out to those bloggers.

Also, we have had great success with MyBlogGuest.com (if you have a site or content that people want to blog about).

Just my thoughts on an already solid plan.

Linktub, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  13. @akbarst

@akbarst Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for share

@akbarst, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  14. korsaanov

korsaanov Member

Best Answers:
    Good link building strategy

korsaanov, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  15. titusingh

titusingh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this looks like a very practical strategy to me. I think social media is a very important influencing factor in link builiding.

titusingh, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  16. mkhmarketing

mkhmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this post. The original post and replies are going to be very helpful in a section of a grad school assignment I'm working on. As students, we had to set up a blog and build buzz, but the timing of the semester meant we only had five weeks to do it. I dove in and posted and linked everywhere and it came back to bite me, as sites flagged me as a spammer left, right, and center. It has been a learning experience in terms of realistic time lines and a sobering reminder that I need to keep up with my own social media profiles on various sites. I have been so busy with work and school I've gone dark on my own social media presence and that's not helpful to me in the long run as a marketing professional.

mkhmarketing, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  17. Deirdre A. Samonte

Deirdre A. Samonte Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds like an excellent strat!

Deirdre A. Samonte, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  18. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

As so many people think, it's less about the amount and time of links placed during your trial run. There are plenty of examples on the web that have gone viral and massed 100,000's of links within a very short time span. This sounds more to me like you over optimized your anchor text going to keyword terms that we too short (too 'money') and, possibly, you were 'double dipping' your anchor... e.g. > "buy cars now" pointing to MySite.com/buy-cars-now.htm or whatever the case may be... just a thought from someone that works with a link network... good luck to you in the future though!

Linktub, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  19. devid777

devid777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting post

devid777, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  20. john lee13

john lee13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice treads :)

john lee13, Mar 29, 2013 IP