1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2013 Linking Strategy

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ultimat1, Jan 29, 2013.

?

Are you currently using tiered linking in your SEO strategy?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

28.6%
  3. Huh?

21.4%
    So I've made quite a few changes this year as to how I develop backlinks. The last couple of years I was able to get by using tools to automate the majority of the link building, but this year I have decided to do more manual submissions and work to build out nothing but high quality, relevant, and multimedia-rich content on the first (and most of the second) tiers. I've also incorporated a lot more social media marketing - focusing on Social Media links and signals on nearly every level of the linking strategy. There will still be automation, even on the first tier, but mainly the automation will be in getting the social signals (likes from fake accounts, social bookmarks, comments, etc.) and it will be as stealth as possible.

Here's the gist of it:
    [​IMG]
    What you can't really see here is the depth of this strategy - each node breaks out into more tiers, tier two driven mainly by social signals and some quality, lightly spun content. At the third tier there are lots of social bookmarks, blog comments and wiki links using highly spun (but still very readable) content.

Yes, I AM using a few high PR network links, which is really what makes all of this work so well and my websites rank so fast. These links on their own (with a little help on tier 2-3) would probably be enough to rank for a low to medium competition keyword, but it would take 4-5 months for the links that we are creating here to gain enough PR to drive the rankings, so I throw in a few High PR links to give it that instant jolt to the first page.

So far the results have been great. I've built out most of the links to a couple client sites and with minimal tiered links, and so far I had one client who was ranking at #5 for a pretty tough keyword move up to #4, and one client who had recently dropped from #6 to #19 move back up to #10. That's without even implementing the full strategy so I'm pretty pleased with how it's working so far to say the least.

Hope this post is helpful!

ultimat1, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    vstar likes this.
  2. ddcireland11

ddcireland11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    many thanks for your strategy , and i am also use it. for batter ranking .

ddcireland11, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. aleenajoe

aleenajoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! It's sound great ..
    The automation submission are always not one of my strategy for ranking the website i usually do the natural way of linking...

aleenajoe, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  4. kevinloyed

kevinloyed Member

Best Answers:
    This is really valuable post & great strategies you have shared.

kevinloyed, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by tiered linking? Please explain..

afoley77, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  6. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:

What is Tiered Link Building

It is the process of 'Building backlinks to backlinks' essentially. The goal is to funnel PR up to your money page through each successive tier. Here is a basic diagram of tiered linking:

[​IMG]

Hope this diagram will help you understan!

VisionzZolution, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  7. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you offer your services for sale... I'd be interested

vstar, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @VisionzZolution thanks for clarifying. I normally don't bother much beyond the third tier. It really gets time consuming and the further out you go, the more links you have to create. This also means the crappier the content. Unless you have a small fortune to pay for content, everything beyond tier 3 would have to be super-spun and barely readable. I think there's probably enough of that type of garbage content online without me adding to it, lol.

I keep reading about this "natural" linking but to be honest I don't think I've ever seen it really used for anyone actually doing SEO. If you are in a niche that you love, love to write about it and enjoy creating great content then that's awesome. But to be honest most of my clients are too busy running a business to worry about that stuff - that's why they pay me.

I highly doubt that writing great articles about toilets and posting them on a blog is going to help Joe Plumber get to the top of the Google Search results. No matter how clever the articles, people just don't share plumbing advice and stuff about plumbing from Joe Plumber these days. That's when people like me have to step in and make it "look" like everyone is sharing his stuff and... viola! Suddenly Joe's on the first page. ;)

pigpromoter likes this.
  9. jackkavin

jackkavin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My SEO strategy is to get links from PR websites with the following strategy:

Do Follow Links Only
    Relevant BackLinks
    Social Media Contribution

All the possible ways to get traffic for website.

jackkavin, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  10. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:

This is a common strategy bro! Share some unique strategy people would never think about!

VisionzZolution, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    pigpromoter likes this.
  11. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    This should be only PART of the strategy. Sure, PR links are great and you want to get as many as you can, but the idea is to diversify your link profile as much as possible. You don't want too many of any one type of link, and you want lots of social signals mixed in with everything you're doing to make it look more natural. Just my thoughts, anyhow.

12. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    It's possible that I could be persuaded. :cool:

13. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your strategy! I noticed there's plenty of social media optimization on your strategy. Only goes to show you need to make your site visible on social media networks.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  14. jackkavin

jackkavin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What I am feeling now days that you should write quality contents related to your website and certainly they should be informative as well. Once you are finished with writing a single contents publish it to a single high PR website like hubpages, and other web 2.0 sites. On the other hand you should also contribute to other blogs related to you in terms of Guest Blogging.

It can be beneficial in many ways, you will get a quality link back to your website and once your posted blog gets a PR can be beneficial to increase PR of your website as well.

jackkavin, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  15. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you run it by yourself? what about deep linking building, I mean do you link only the main homepage or your other pages?

indrianto, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    geegel likes this.
  16. Knocks

Knocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ultimat1 LOL and here I am, sitting here devising linking strategies for my sites, which is eating up my valuable work time. You're hired!

Knocks, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  17. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    Yes I run it by myself. It's really not that difficult to do, in fact just last night I set up a Facebook page, Twitter account, Google Plus with authorship to the client's website, Squidoo Lens, and a Hubpage - all in about two hours. Of course I outsource quite a bit of the writing, but that's pretty much it. Once I get the articles and get into the zone I can knock these things out like crazy. It's also an ongoing process, so it's not like I build the whole thing out overnight. It takes a while to set up all the accounts, but I'm currently working on some Ubot tools to automate much of that process as well.

And yes, I absolutely do deep linking - in fact I should have mentioned that in the original post as it's a big part of the strategy. For instance, I'll usually and up with 2-3 Squidoos, Hubpages or whatever built that correspond to the content that is on the page that I'm linking to. So if the client's website is about tap dancing shoes, I'll do a page about tap dancing shoes and link to the homepage. If they have another page about blue tap dancing shoes I'll do one about blue tap dancing shoes (or something related to that subject) and link that to the blue tap dancing shoes page. The beauty of this is that you can then just start building links to the profile page on these sites and since most of them have links to all of the articles from the profile page, the link juice will be transferred pretty evenly to each page that I've created.

With the social media links and social bookmarks I will eventually have links to every page on the website (or if its a huge site I'll do them for each category page at least). With the high PR links I tend to focus them more toward the homepage or whatever page has the main keyword they want to rank for.

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  18. ultimat1

Best Answers:
    Ha! I'm a mad man, I tell you. My girlfriend, friends and family don't know what to think about me. I'm obsessed with all things internet marketing. I go to sleep at night and dream about this stuff - no lie. It's ridiculous. But as long as I'm helping people achieve their goals it's worth sacrificing my mental state, I guess :)

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  19. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have experience also with some parts of your work. And I think it make a sense if your site will get good rank. But really it was a crazy work if you do all of the nodes in your diagram. Absolutely, you're a holic-man :)

indrianto, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  20. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do use both doFollow and noFollow links with all kinds of anchor texts.

How many 2.0 properties/sites you guys do for first tier ?

bluearrow, Feb 1, 2013 IP