1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geo88

geo88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations for your success !

Q: How much did Steve Pavlina's articles help you on achieving your goals ? :D

geo88, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  2. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They didn't really - I don't read much of Steve Pavlina, but he has some good posts from what I have seen, but none that have really changed my attitude toward making money online or anything.

Burta, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  3. jjoshua

jjoshua Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your information. This really inspired me. My website does not even have any earnings from the adsense. I am really hoping I could be at least a quarter as good as you. But dont worry! I will heed the advice.

jjoshua, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  4. alexplank

alexplank Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job. The time it took to go from $100 a day to $150 a day was a lot quicker than the time it took to go from $10/day to $30/day. The higher your earnings, the more they'll fluctuate, however, so don't get discouraged if you have some days where it's lower.

alexplank, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Only by doing pretty much the same things as you are doing -- for a little bit longer. :)

Will.Spencer, Dec 31, 2006 IP
    Ajeet and poseidon like this.
  6. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad my post inspired you, and with a little application and hard work I'm sure you will do a lot better than just a quarter of what I'm earning.

I found that once you work out the "formula" per se it is just a matter of applying it over and over again. Whereas when you are earning $5-20/day you can still often be refining the "formula" a lot and are still struggling to turn your efforts into return on investment. I mean I have yet to prove it or anything but I'm quietly confident I should be able to take my earnings to $5000 - $10000/month mark fairly quickly, just because I know what works now and I'm so much more experienced than 12 months ago and I was still struggling to work things out.

If you are wondering why I'm doign the same thing as you it is because it is guys like yourself that have shared so much with guys like myself on these forums to allow me to follow in your footsteps!

Burta, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  7. h4nh4n

h4nh4n Peon

Best Answers:
    you are the man! this is one of the best thread! This really inspired me, thanks for sharing :)

h4nh4n, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  8. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can write an ebook on how you changed your earning from 10$/week to $800/week, i will buy one.

zipdisk, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  9. articlebazar

articlebazar Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats and wish you even greater success in 2007!

articlebazar, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  10. coolmaste

coolmaste Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have spent lot in adwords to get this Amount....

coolmaste, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  11. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Burta, will read the whole thread later but I am interested to know how important is the age of the domain here ? and are you getting all traffic from serps ? or from returning users ? How satisfied are you with your serps results(you must be :) ) ?

Also how many sites do you have ? I mean what's average earnings per site ? How much is the content on every site ? care to tell us how much time do you spent on your sites ? time spent on article writing ? :) I am sorry if these questions are answered in the previous posts. I am in exact same position as you are, same college graduate earning some money online like you(alot less though) so very keep to know more about your way

poseidon, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  12. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    ok than 800 bucks a week is my long term goal for 2007 :)

lot's of work to go from 5 bucks a day to 115 but heck it's worth a shot. :p

Motter, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  13. sunmoon

sunmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Burta, Wow your first post was really long. It is very kind of you to tell your story and inspire so many people (including myself). Now i know for sure that you CAN make real money from Adsense. You are a living prove. Congratulation! Yes, it is true hard work does pay off and you got to do it the right way. Thank you Burta for the great story. May you succeed in making 10k/month.

sunmoon, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I be completely honest if I make an ebook I don't think I'll sell it - I mean if I made an ebook and sold them for say $15 and even if I sold 50 of them that still is only $750 - whilst $750 isn't anything to laugh at it still isn't enough to inspire me to want to write one for the purpose of selling it. If I write an ebook I imagine I will give it away for free or I might ask that people link my personal blog or make a blog post about my site or something to that effect if you know what I mean something.

I have spent $0 on Adwords to get these sort of earnings. I have probably spent about $200 on buying some well achored text links over the last 6 months. Mind you my sites were already well established in the SERPs at this point, I was just trying to give them a little boost for a certain keyword so that one of my sites was in the top 10, it was an experiment that didn't work... :p. Other than those couple of links I haven't really invested any other money into my sites outside of hosting, design and a few mods.

Well I think you will find that age of domain matters, but not as much as TrustRank (the degree to which Google trusts your site to be a quality site). But from what I understand of aged domains - domains that were active prior to 2004 seem to be less effected by the potential penalty on a domain for having low TrustRank - which basically means Google trusts domains that were in use prior to 2004. I wasn't active in website development back in 2003 so all my sites have had their domains registered in 2004 and later but I have still managed to get a number of my sites to rank very well in the SERPs - this is a result of developing good quality and highly trusted backlinks to the sites.

Yes I'm getting a great deal of traffic from SERPs - traffic from SERPs is probably some of the best converting traffic you can get because, often your returning visitors can become ad blind. That said, whilst the majority of my traffic comes from search engines I still have a very significant amount of traffic coming from other sites and returning visitors.

As for my satisfaction with my SERP results - I'm pleased but I'm always working to improve them... when is enough ever enough... :rolleyes:.

Well a lot of these questions were answered in my original post and the proceeding posts - but in short I run around 10ish sites of which about 4 - 5 bring in the bulk of my earnings, and there is one outstanding performer, but that is not because it is the only successful site rather because it's the only site that I have actively applied this monetization technique to. One of my big new years resolutions will be to apply the same techniques to my other sites. I really will have to update this thread in a month or two to give you a better idea of the earnings between my sites. hopefully I'll have happy news.

As for how much content is on each site - it varies because they are all different types of sites. This is a really hard question to answer. As for time spent on sites - this is another hard thing to answer, because I mean does extending my knowledge about all things online count and work spent on my sites, so does spending time on DP count then? I dunno I guess I spend a fair amount of time on them - maybe a a couple of hours a day, I'm fairly active on the internet, but I don't spend as much time as I should on them - that is for sure.

Time spent article writing - again not nearly enough. I'd say in the last 3 months I have probably spent well less 100 hours in total - so we are really only talking like 30 minutes a day in the last 3 months. LOL imagine if I applied myself - so I wouldn't be basing the amount of time I spend on such things on guys like me, really if I was really serious I'd set aside a good two hours a day, everyday, for pure article writing and content development.

Thanks.

Burta, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  15. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Burta is the new Shoemoney! Muhaha! ;)

Seriously though, great post and thanks for sharing :)

ontheweb, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  16. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the clarifications. This thread keeps getting better with all the question/answers posts. Superb!

fluid, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  17. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for the information bro. Hope that I can follow your leads.

sysop, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  18. thecashcow

thecashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    Great to see a fellow aussie doing well, keep up the great work Burta.

thecashcow, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  19. mgrohan

mgrohan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great posts, thanks for the info and will be a great encouragement to most!

mgrohan, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  20. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good read... not only your great post, but everyones follow-up. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all my ideas lately and getting off track. This thread has helped me realized I need to get back on track and focus on some details of my existing sites I've been neglecting... and perhaps not wander too far from my expertise and niche...=)

Thanks!

Sockmoney, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    filtalr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.