1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redbayron2006

redbayron2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice mate i beleive you are right for all of the things you said. Try to continue this good work and hope you make more and more $ per day cause you deserve them really

redbayron2006, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  2. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent if only i was not banned by adsense.

widewebtalk, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  3. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    would be sooo funny if it weren't true :eek:

too bad for you, but hey there are other programs out there :)

patataur, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There you go everyone, there is another plug for Aaron Walls SEO Book. I personally have every intention of buying his SEO Book when I get back from my holidays in February if I have finished the current SEO/SEM book I'm currently reading.

A lot of people say don't bother with books and learning materials unless you are a beginner. I don't agree with this. The way I treat most things that I read or spend time attempting to build my own knowledge is all I need is ONE good idea out of the entire program, book, class to justify the investment of my money and time. Because more often than not one or two good ideas really do make hundreds if not thousands of dollars of difference, if not straight away they will in 2 years time, and knowledge in life is power. That's the way I believe everyone should be treating learning resources and building their knowledge. You are looking for just a couple of great ideas amongst the 100 page that is generally full of information you already know.

When it comes to any revenue stream in life you risk the chance of losing it. If you are working at a company and do a wonderful job everyday of the week there is still the chance that company will go belly up or need to downsize. All you can do is do the best job you can and be transparent with Google and work with them rather to avoid and solve any problems that arise, and simply stick to the TOS - get them to check things out if your not sure.

I think one that many people forget as well is Google is a business... they need revenue streams as well and us publishers are their revenue stream, and if you are a significant enough earner they treat you nicely. Like sending gifts at Christmas and assigning individual representatives to your account, I recently had someone contact me from Google to offer further AdSense optimization suggestions. So I wouldn't get too worried about Google giving you the flick unless they have good reason to, and just make sure you are important to them so they treat you well - that's the biggest thing I guess.

I really don't think I have helped you that much with that question, but I think there is only so much you can do to protect yourself.

Firstly, I'm getting around 7,000 - 9,000 unique visitors to my sites a day. Traffic IMHO is vital to any online success and having a sounds grasp of SEO is the backbone of any major online entrepreneur - ie Shoemoney.

Secondly, I will definitely get back to you all with the response from AdSense in regards to placing unrelated images next to ads.

That is great to hear, and make sure you stick with it and work hard. A lot of people lose motivation when they can only achieve low numbers, but I too wasn't always making $100+/day, and in my very first month of AdSense back in July 2004, I earned a HUGE $13.25! AND for the first 6 months of using AdSense I averaged an impressive monthly income of $14.10!

Without getting into the specifics its around the 10 cent mark.

I'm also very glad that I got into all my online ventures when I was so young, because it has allowed me to do so many more things with my time with the full knowledge that whilst I might not be present, my websites are still earning me a good solid income whilst I enjoy my youth.

As it stands currently I don't submit any of my articles to directories, but that isn't to say you shouldn't. I am just lucky enough to be in the position where I have a couple of good quality sites with high TrustRank all in the same industry that offer me the ability to build good quality backlinks without needing to submit them to article directories to build their SERPs. My articles then to be listed fairly well in the SERPs within 28 hours of being published and I normally give them only one or two backlinks within my network of sites, plus I also add a link to the article at the bottom of other articles, so there is some interlinking between my article pages.

As for what may advice is, if you haven't already got a high TrustRank site and ways of building backlinks within your own network of related sites (which I'm assuming that most people don't have) then submitting articles to article directories and the like could be a good option, but I would suggest writing maybe two or three articles on an individual topic and then publishing them to your site and then keeping the best article as your main SEO focus and publishing one or two of the other articles to article directories and the like with well anchored tags. That way you can focus your SEO efforts on your best article and still keep it original and unique so that the search engines won't penalize it for being duplicate content. That would be my suggestion of you are still in the process of building a quality site.

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  5. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    hey Burta,

thanks a lot for your side of the story. It´s very important for all SEO´s to know a success story as yours. Hope everything goes well for you in 2007!

Congrats from Portugal.

scubita, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  6. Yaro

Yaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh-oh - not another Brisbane online marketer entrepreneur doing a blog ;)

Congratulations on your success so far and with this post too. Brisbane is turning into a little hotbed of talent hey :)

Yaro

Yaro, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  7. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL it has been something I have been planning for over a year now, but I have never gotten around to doing it. I wouldn't be doing it for much other than just getting my thoughts down somewhere if you know what I mean, and I think I have a fair amount to share. Chances are it won't happen for many months yet - I'm still getting a number of other things in order.

But I have also noticed that there is quite a bit of SEO experience down here is lil old Australia which I think is great to see, I just wish there were more big conferences and whatnot to attend.

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  8. Yaro

Yaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you from UQ too Burta?

You should come along to one of my entrepreneur meet-ups sometime. There probably won't be one until January, and I won't personally be attending one for a good few months since I'm in Canada - but it's worth going to meet more locals doing their own business.

I agree too - it would be nice to have more SEO/Web conferences to attend in Oz. Sydney has one coming up in March I believe. There was an Internet marketing one in Singapore recently too.

Yaro, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  9. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you purchase your links?

Twan, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  10. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I go to UQ - well did... I plan to defer for 6 months to further focus on my online ventures. Anyway catching up at one of those meetings sounds interesting. Let me know when the next one is on.

Yeah I saw a few conferences in Sydney and Melbourne coming up in the early month of 2007 that I will be doing my best to get to.

DP of course!

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    Scorpiono likes this.
  11. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's quite strange, I never focus that much time on an article but this one was somehow captivating, good job on whatever you are doing, may 2007 bring a better income, you deserve it :)

Scorpiono, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  12. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol way to lie. You cant make "80-90$" you would have an exact ammount as it was only posted after 1 day :S

joecool6101, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  13. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    an0n, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked this wasn't a breach of TOS - if it is it is a breach I have had implemented on my sites for nearly two and a half years...

Where specifically does Google say you can't have two of the same type AdSense units on your site?

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  15. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Burta - a very well written and informative post!!! Congratulations on your achievements. BTW yes an0n is correct, your layout is in breach of Adsense TOS, specifically the images to the left of your ads, I am assuming those dots are images. This was changed recently (2 weeks ago or so :confused: ). If at all possible, you may want to edit your template and repost with out the "dots" just so that the newbs don't get caught off guard! ;)

Keep up the great work!!!
    :)

LaCabra, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice.

Will.Spencer, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  17. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the design I posted was made awhile ago prior to the "Policy Clarification" and I have yet to hear back from Google in terms of if it is actually a breach of their TOS. Because I think you will find that whilst they have cleared up a fair bit in their "clarification" there is still a significant amount of grey area when it comes to AdSense and images which depends on your interpretation. Either way the email has been sent and I'm waiting here back from them - I will obviously keep everyone posted in this thread, and like I posted earlier I don't want this thread to be sidetracked by this issue of "AdSense and Images".

Anyway I think an0n was referring to the template being a breach of the AdSense TOS because it was using two of the same ad units on the same page, which is news to me if that is a breach. I have never read anything about not being able to use two of the same ad units on a page.

Thanks Will - that means a lot coming from a guy like you who is often the one giving the excellent advice - and I know you are killing it in the "AdSense Game".

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    mariush likes this.
  18. fortgo

fortgo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much Burta
    for a greatly written article and
    with so much useful tips in it!

Reps and stars given and you
    have motivated me to put even
    more into what I'd like to achieve
    in the New 2007.

Wishing you More $$$$$ in the
    new 2007 and good luck in all
    your endeavors!

Thank you!

fortgo, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  19. webgenius

webgenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting read... I wish I was making that sum of money

webgenius, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  20. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problem and best of luck in 2007.

With a bit a hard work you can be making this sort of money and MUCH more. As far as things go I'm pretty lazy most of the time - this is far from the potential of this sort of method of making good money with AdSense - someone with a little more smarts, experience and application could make 10 fold what I'm earning.

Burta, Dec 30, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.