1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How many sites do you have alltogether?

qwestcommunications, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  2. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    An excellent post Burta and no doubt you deserve those dollars! Congratulations! Hoping and wishing you have a rocking 2007 as well! :)

onedollar, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  3. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well depends how you look at it - I have a number of sites that are still very much on that "long to do list" I was talking about in an earlier post. That said I have about 10 active sites, but only 4 or 5 of those contribute any significant amount to my earnings - that said I have big dreams for all my sites, it's just an issue of time.

Thanks.

And I'd just like to say thanks to who rated this thread as 5 stars... I don't know if anyone has done that to one of my threads before so it was sort of a nice for me and I appreciated it.

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    DomainDomain, fluid and patataur like this.
  4. sparkling

sparkling Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the info ..... appreciated long read. Now time to go to bed and dream of google riches. I will be back to work tomorrow. Congrats .... Have great new year also.

sparkling, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  5. Pietercornelis

Pietercornelis Guest

Best Answers:
    Amazing, and very usefull. I agree with quality over quantity, by the way

Pietercornelis, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  6. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although a long thread, it was all worthwhile :)

I always knew that in the debate of quantity vs quality, the latter would always win but it is just the amount of time you need to devote to actually build a quality site. Dont get me wrong, im a programmer and to me it makes more sense to use my knowledge to build something which is automated rather than having to do things manually. But experience has shown that it's only hard which pays off.

If you wouldnt mind, i would like to ask 2 questions. First how do you target phrases? Is it by placing the keyword phrase between quotes? And secondly, when writing an original article, how long should it be in your opinion. I've heard that 400-700 words are best with a keyword density of 3%?

And btw Merry belated Xmas wishes to you and all DP members and happy new year 2007.

fluid, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  7. qwestcommunications

Best Answers:
    I think you have made fantastic progress and you are one of the people that has provided quite intimate detials o how you've aceived what you have acheived thus far. I am sure everyone here on DP thank you for it.

8. tihomir

tihomir Peon

Best Answers:
    nice post. thanks for sharing your ideas

tihomir, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  9. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    very good thread. after a long time something useful and motivational. thanks Burta

_vlada_, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  10. Doodle

Doodle Banned

Best Answers:
    I think this is the only informative post i have seen in this forums and its really usefull because i was earning 15 dollars per day... but after reading it i made maNY CHANGESIN MY SITE AND NOW 80-90 $ PER DAY ANJD IT IS STILL Increasing!!

Doodle, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  11. qwestcommunications

Best Answers:
    He only posted this yesterday so how can you see the effects of changes already? :eek:

12. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very well written.

Thanks for sharing your success story in such detail.

imnajam, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  13. akor

akor Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. thank you :)

akor, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  14. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a very good post. Definitely inspires me I am currently doing $15/month
    and hope 2007 would turn out to be a good year.:)

vic_msn, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  15. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot burta for this great instructing positive and inspiring post :)

patataur, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  16. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is definitely a good idea to use your "knowledge" to make things as automated and streamline as possible, and if you combine your smarts with a hard work attitude success is just a matter of time. I truly believe there are two major factors to making money in this world, those are either "working hard" or "working smart" - if you are one of the lucky few who can combine both then you will be very successful at whatever you aspire to.

By targeting keyword phrases I was referring to targeting them with SEO increase their rankings in search engines. You go about doing this by including the phrase you are targeting in your title tag, meta tags, in your H1 and H2 tags, in your content and as your anchor text for inbound links.

As for how long articles should be - personally I think they should be as long as it takes to cover the topic. Generally I don't make mine shorter than 350 words (that is bare minimum) but I more frequently find my articles to be around 700 - 800 words in length and occasionally upwards of 1000 words. But like I said their is no set rule per se, though a lot of people suggest to have articles around 500 words in length, but that is if you are ONLY designing pages for search engines.

If you are designing articles for both search engines and users then you just need to make sure you get the information they want in the article, but if you had an article getting upwards of 1200 words it might actually be getting lengthy enough to deter your users from reading it in entirety so it might be better to actually split the articles two pages. But that said there are great examples of successful sites that totally throw this article length rule out the window like - http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/ - which is a great example of QUALITY content and great reading. His blog posts are rarely under 1000 words and often are in excess of 2000!

Many have indeed thanked me for this thread and after 15 months of being on DP I finally have my second little green rep notch - it would appear that I obviously don't do enough sharing. I shall endeavor to do more in the future - mind you it is a lot easier to share what you know when you have achieved some level of success and have the time to spare because you are already earning good money. So look for more posts from me in the future.

Well if you have achieved those improvements already that is great news, and what is even better news is I would officially consider you an EXTREMELY fast learner and have wonderfully quick implementation. Congratulations...

Burta, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    filtalr and masoko2 like this.
  17. sri

sri Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see nothing wrong in asking him the URLs. It's a different issue if I start moaning on him not willing to share them :)

sri, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  18. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    i wish i could do. hehe

thanks

tonyinabox, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  19. mobilefrenzy

mobilefrenzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. Very informative. Need all the information and inspiration in the initial stages. Thanks Barta.

mobilefrenzy, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  20. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, knowledge and design.
    Just a clarification on the site design: Are you currently using images beside Adsense rectangle ad unit?

obenix, Dec 29, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.