1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 10+yr business journey. You will never read anything like this in your life

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015.

I've been working online since 1999.
    I knew nothing. I loved this band so I made a website with frontpage and used angelfire free hosting. It was so ugly. If you were around in those angelfire days you'd know that my site was slewed with neon text like the others. I had guitar tabs and lyrics. I built links everywhere but there really was no traffic. I didn't know you could earn money.

2000 - 2003
    Being big into gaming, I attended a lot of forums and finally started my own with invisionfree(now called Zetaboards). It was not about money but I started doing what all of those morons who own forums do which is offer free graphics and what not. I got really good at photoshop but it seemed everyone knew it. Somehow I became the main competitor for Invisionfree skin zone. IFSZ was the largest forum around for the forum host. People went to there or they went to me. I learned pretty quick that it was all just deception. IFSZ is actually owned by Invisionfree. Basically the company wants everyone to go there. IFSZ had so much push that my forum got a bad name. I switched to an advertising forum but invisionfree also owned one of those as well. By this time I gathered that they want to control all of the large forums so there's no point into trying.

I switched to a general forum with my 36,000 members and for fun I decided to create an arcade. Instead of just an addon I wanted to do it the webmaster way. I learned about domains and hosting and started it. Started tweeking it and learned about adsense. I spend like 6hours a day working on that arcade and it went from earning 2cents a day to 30cents. I saw then that you "can" earn online. Within 9months I was secretly earning about $90 per month through adsense and a few other sources.

I decided to go big and create a niche site. I did keyword research on a niche I was interested in and saw a hole where there were not many sites out there on it. Most of the DP people were obsessing for webmaster related sites. I threw $800 to a coder, I did the graphics, and it was done. I continued to write articles on the topic for about 4hours a day for 2years. The earnings increased well. Twitter opened up and before it was popular I grasped a serious great twitter account(which people still offer $10K for). I grew the site, added more stuff. I messed with the google ads which made an increase. I added an amazon store which did nothing). etc etc.
    By the end of 2010 I was earning around $1,200 month and pulling about 80K unique visitor per month. I really didn't know how to capitalize on the earnings. Even celebs mentioned my site in the social networks they go to. All of my hard work was worth it I thought. School divisions, museums, and who knows who else were linking me. 400,000 backlinks. I only updated it every 6 months for the next several years. I did create 9 more arcades somewhat like my original arcade in hopes they could slowly gain revenue. I did the unique content through them all. It was funny ones too. I remember one was called granny arcade and I wrote all of the game descriptions as a grandmother would talk. "Shoot the SAMHILL out of the ducks, young wipper snapper!". I had another called redneck arcade, etc, etc.

While my sites where chilling and earning slowly for extra revenue I started offering directory submission and writing but the D submitting was just way too much work and the writing......well, I can'ts writes too well. I decided that I need to look for cashcows because this was taking forever to earn well. my main niche was great but most of the arcades were just doing pocket change per month.
    I made a lot of mistakes this year. I met a guy who begged me to help him earn through his site. He owned a very high traffic site on a niche I knew nothing about it. I never looked at his stats. He personally pmed me and said that he's never tried earning before and would like me to help him and he'll do a payout for me. Let's just call the site hockeyleagues.com. I went in his site and spend about 100 hours doing adsense optimization then I used his business number to get in contact with a supplier who he can actually sell a product for. In the end he was suppose to show me traffic stats before then after two months as well as revenue. After the first 10hours of working on his site the thought crossed my mind that this DAMN site is getting a whole countries worth of traffic and he's going to get rich. Yet I'm the idiot who didn't agree on a percentage. He was really nice so I just did the job. I even took two sick days off for it. In the end he showed me that stats.
    Traffic before(unique): 780,000
    traffic after 2month(non-unique): 900,000
    The non-unique traffic count was nothing that you would even believe. It was a site that people needed to visit to keep track.
    My mouth dropped. I had no idea he was pulling traffic like that. In the same email he literally said "DAMN, I'm paying off my car this week. Thanks man" then he paid me $180. I whined at him about it. I told him that he must be joking. I added products that sold for $200 each and he was pulling a 45% profit on them and with that type of traffic and the adsense the jackass was probably earning $20,000 a week. He said "hey, I used to be in your situation. It's a learning process". He then felt bad and threw me $600.

2007-2011
    I bought and sold sites through v7n and what not. Nothing really to say. All of the sites topped out at no more than $50 per month and I was being stupid and kept reselling them. I got involved with hotelscombined affiliate. I was able to push a site into getting a ton of traffic. When the profit hit $300 a month and I was expecting $1000 the next month I found out they were a scam company. They either ban you or switch the links so you are giving them traffic for free. When I tried to switch the links to be good they just kept throwing me endless amounts of hoops to go through so I knew they were never going to pay.

2008-2011
    I made the bold move of trying to get into something more stable than adsense. I sold my main arcade site for $1300. It was earning $110 per month, another for $800 which was making $89/Month, and the third for like $50. I cleared out most of my sites to go for the big dirty!
    I saw an opportunity to get distribution rights to a popular arcade script selling network. The deal was $500 for rights to sell it as your own but you need to change it. I hired out and helped to unique the script, bought a VB for a support forum, hired a coder to make the arcade script selling site. Now I had the opportunity to earn money directly to my paypal which the risk having a middleman like google. I spend about 12hrs a day creating a skin pack to sell as an addon, gamepacks, special features. I promoted it and slowly sales where coming in. I may have gotten a sale every week at $40 but in the future those sales could be 50 customers a day and all automatic. I made a rule that 20% of my revenue will be pushed back into the script to provide updates for the current customers. I wanted to be fair.
    2 months later I noticed some other guy at DP was promoting a new arcade script network, then a week later TWO MORE arcade script selling networks popped up. It was just bad timing of when I started. 12hrs of working a day was killing me. When you have a support forum all you deal with is people being nasty and you smiling and saying I'll help you sir. Two more showed up at V7N. All of the new arcade script places scattered their advertising all over the damn internet. By the end of my first year there were 12 new ones like mine all fighting with each other. They continued to try to find loose ends of the sql to hack peoples arcades then give them a bad name with it but I didn't bother to enter the war. My arcade script acquired a bad reputation because of how vicious these idiots were but I didn't care because I was pushing for search engine traffic as a strategy to not get toasted.
    I got burnt out. No more 12hr days. I was only earning $600 per month but I needed a big server for it. I decided to sell. After I made the auction it was being STUPID. On the last month sales pushed to $1,000 out of nowhere. I was already finished negotiating with someone so I couldn't really back out. I sold it for $3,800 with the thought "In a couple of years I could've been set for life"
    Well, at least I have my main niche site which is and always has been doing it's great thing.

Let's pretend my niche is about horses for an example.
    The first penguin update happened on what I call "black January". Overnight the traffic went from around 90K UV's per month to 1K per month. There were already about 12 other sites that completely copied my content that they were always lower ranked than mine but around. Other the years I made the mistake of trying to get work done at webmaster forums like this and the person would do the work then think "Hell, I'm making one!" and just steal all of my content. I didn't care until the penguin. Google took a pile of my keywords and boosted a ton of corporation and hollywood sites and put them on top. I mean 20s' of them. It was so stupid. Imagine this. You got a site that is a scientific compilation of all human knowledge of horses and google puts the IMDB page of MISTER ED tv show canceled in the 60's first. I'm not lying the results where that stupid.
    I was layed of off my job this year as well.

2013 - now
    I tried to bring it back to earn. I removed as many crappy links as possible. Dug deep in my site to see if anything looked like keyword stuffing and what not. Today I'm at like $200 per month but it's really not going anywhere.

There was stress in my marriage when we lost our home and moved into a trailerpark. I took the car I was waiting for my whole life(Foxbody) and traded it for a GEO metro. Me and the wife decided to try to live more humble and get joy from other things since success was not an option. We had a child. Unfortinately he was born as a micro-premature baby(1lb and 6oz). He lived at the hospital for 5months and first yr of his life was surgeries and scares. He's all good now but the pressure got the best of me and the wife split up. From the years of BS she lost that light about me so we split up. No women can be happy in a relationship with a guy who earns F all.

And this is the conclusion

I live in a tiny apartment in the dirtiest neighborhood in town. In the summer all of the neighbors sit on their porch yelling and drinking all day long. There's two crack houses nearby and morons use the lane way as a shortcut and beg for smokes or whatever if they see me. Sometimes this prostitute who everyone calls "Sticky Nikki" knocks on my door because she knows everyone in the area and sees that I'm always alone. I decline her every time even though she charges $20 for wet work.

The unemployment rating is over 50% and has been for over 10yrs where I'm from. Most people are on disability.

If I'm shoveling snow outside or somewhere I'll see the most adorable girl who throws a beautiful smile and I'll think "It's so pointless to think about this. No way do I want to drag someone through my life". I'm a guy and doesn't even want sex. I just want to give and get affection. Often I'll watch romantic comedies ditching my masculinity. I have this rare 30lb blanket that would change you if you cuddled with someone with but I use it alone. I turn down the lights, make popcorn, put on my $600 headphone which makes you feel like to are in the movie. The room feels so cold outside of that blanket.

All of my previous friends turned out to be teachers, truck drivers, vets. They are all gone.

I don't do anything. I don't know the internet business like the younger guys around here anymore and it's too late for me.

I'm fairly good looking and because I don't have to spend money I workout and tan like a damn 22yr old women trying to hold onto her youth. I even waxed my whole chest. While I'm whitening my teeth or doing whatever it is that is so feminine I think to myself......what's the point.

Every week there's a night where I just feel horrible. I just dream about getting the chance to beat the hell out of all of the people who wronged me.

Sometimes I nap just get past the day.

And WORST OF ALL, At least once a week I pray that I just don't wake up after I go to bed and I'm not even religious.

So the next time you want to read one of those inspiration topics you come here to remember what the real world is like.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015 IP
    macstux, sweetpea69, matt_62 and 2 others like this.
  2. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow ... I wasn't expecting that.
    It's a shame what happened to you on your journey.
    I hope some time in the future you can start to make something worthwhile online again.

amcg, Jan 30, 2015 IP
    DinoJRG likes this.
  3. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    Mate dont quit. I suggest you go on a dating site or something and find someone special. They'll change your life, give you something to look forward to everyday and give you a lot of motivation to succeed. it doesn't hurt to try with all your spare time..

Anyway thats my 2 cents. Good luck with everything buddy.

robby1995, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Oh, that is not a great story - but one we need to hear. Westerners need to know that the money you earn online is tenuous and doesn't go far.

You need to move, upskill and get busy. Even it's just getting a job at McDs and hopping into the management training program. Or go to a community college. Interacting with flesh and blood people and feeling like you are moving in the right direction will make a huge difference.

sarahk, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  5. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    On the bright side I'm fairly good looking and I do get eyed a lot. With my negative lifestyle I wouldn't want to bring someone around. Also my neighbor has this huge bull mastive who likes to eat anyone who comes by. The dog can reach my outside door. I won him over with the evil eye when he cornered me(and a giant lamb leg). On the bright side people don't try to break in the place.

That's another thing that I think about. Cash earned online seems to be different then other money earned. It seems that a lot of people who profit online re-invest but with how tricky things get they lose out. I've lost a lot on foolish purchases. It's a tough game to play.

College? hmm. I think about it but it may be too late for me. I'm 35yrs old.

DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  6. trustybizz

trustybizz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dino, firstly thank you for sharing the story of your journey in such a candid way. Unfortunately things didn't turn out as you expected, tough luck but you cannot give up on it. With technology constantly changing and the world moving at a fast pace, yes today's youngsters may know today's stuff, but tomorrow these youngsters will look at the next generation and feel dumb. People who used typewriters look at those who used MS DOS computers with envy, and then MS DOS generation was left behind the advanced MAC and WINDOWS generations and then came the Internet and now Social Media and tomorrow we might see a much more advanced Internet and technologies which will be beyond today's generation. This is how the world has been and it will continue to be the same way.

Please don't think that you have fallen behind today's generation of youngsters, although you might not be as fast with today's technologies and complex issues facing online business, you have gained something which is only gained by time and effort - that is real life experience. You should look at possible partnerships with other entrepreneurs, give them your time and skills in whichever way you can and let them provide capital and technical skills and create something.

You are merely 35! You are not 65 for god sake. You are in the prime of your life, with gained experience and a lot to offer to society. You should seriously consider planning out how you want to turn your life around. A job even as simple as McD job to pay your bills, and apply your mind and efforts in every spare minute you have available to you in creating something, even if its simple and small. Please don't consider yourself as a beginner, you are past that stage, you have matured with experience, good and bad, right judgement and mistakes - that is one of the precious ingredients in an entrepreneur.

And generally speaking, people earning online are just like people earning via brick and mortar business or 9 to 5 jobs, they earn and spend. People make bad investments online as well as they do offline, except we don't hear about the offline investment blunders as much as we hear about the online business failures. How many start-ups actually last more than a year, offline and online? A tiny percentage.

Once people have money in the pocket they want to use it, some use it and lose it in shopping binge or recreation, some invest it to multiply their investment. But, investment comes at a cost and the wise thing is not to put all eggs in one basket, don't invest without due diligence and thorough planning, don't invest when you are not passionate about it, don't invest greedily expecting high yields with high risk, don't invest everything you have unless you have a plan B in case you lose it all.

For people coming from millionaire families and having an inheritance coming their way it is easy to invest and lose, but for people like me who have one shot every time to either lose it or use it, I have to be careful where I put the money. I have to really know that any investment can go wrong and it can result in a total loss, so how much can I safely invest without ending up homeless instantly is the question I ask myself. What will be my plan B, plan C if I lose everything in this investment? How long can I survive with the remaining funds to get back on my feet? Based on that, how much can I actually afford to invest and how much should I keep as my nest egg as my personal insurance for survival? These are some of the questions that need to be answered before jumping into investing or acquiring a new business or asset.

I have seen people buy websites in a haste paying 40K and 50K and in few months the websites go downhill and disappear, which means the investor actually lost almost all their investment because they did hastily buy the site but had no idea what to do with it or how to keep it moving and developing it to keep up with the times.

I have also heard about smart entrepreneurs who went to work in restaurants as waiters and assistant cooks inspite of having 100K in their banks, because they wanted to fully understand the business before opening their own restaurant business using those 100K. These would be smarter because they would have learned the inner working of the particular business before risking their money on it. Thus having a higher chance of success, compared to someone just buying a restaurant because they have some savings which they want to invest without knowing a thing about running a restaurant.

To DINO, you are young, you have experience and you have the skills. Get back on the horse and move forward. It maybe a slow process, but it won't remain slow once you gather some pace. Sit down and write everything you CAN do to earn a dollar, writing articles? marketing? writing an ebook? joint venture? Use all your skills and motivate yourself and apply yourself to the fullest, don't look back, only look forward and make goals and compromises in your expenses, cut back on useless things, work hard for a couple of years and sacrifice. Please, don't lose your motivation, you still got a lot of juice in you, start crawling toward your goals and soon you will be running towards them.

trustybizz, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's normal these days to have changes of careers, part of the modern condition. A friend's wife just finished her HR degree, she's 50 and sees that she has 15 more years in the workforce and wants to be happy in her work over that time. The investment in time and energy is worth it.

sarahk, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh wow, I bookmarked this topic today morning but didn't had a chance to read it at that time. I read it just now in noon and truly I was hoping I would find an advertisement of a pdf or program, "duplicate my success"...
    See, everyone thinks that they have been through a lot until they see a jobless, ugly looking, blind guy on street struggling to figure out which direction should he go in to cross the road. I personally know this guy. His heart keeps "me" motivated.
    You too see this guy everyday. Your neighbourhood is full of disables as you mentioned.

Surely you have had your part of misfortune, but read your story again. You picked up skills which are difficult for many. You know graphic designing, developing sites, marketing and SEO as well.
    Why don't you start a web design firm and use local marketing to get orders? It won't be on autopilot which seems to be the way you like things, but still it can get you anything between $5000 to $15000 per month. And even if it doesn't, still you will be making much more than what you are making now.
    With that kind of income, an adorable smile won't feel pointless.

Also, this will be a concrete business because it's not based on search ranks, but is based on local marketing, developing a client base.
    I sincerely think you must look for a business where you can build a customer base and not depend simply on search rankings, or online advertising.
    Online advertising is "open for all", while local advertising is "limited" to you and other small companies in the area. And with a web development business, when you charge your clients for hosting, that becomes recurring income.

Please drop me a private message and I'll see if I can send some graphic design work your way. Please mention your emailID in the message.
    Good luck

JEET, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find your story fascinating because it IS reality. However...you only messed up one time. You identified your problem but never did anything to change it.

My story...

I started off doing Freelance Web Development and Programming. I spent years barely making an income (in fact...I can't even call it an income!). I built an affiliation network for a man in Canada who had the resources to make $300k+/year. I did all the work for $1,500. Yes...$1,500 and a promise for more work and a partnership that I never saw.

Later on I created a social networking web site (before myspace) that did OK. I was making $2k-$3k per month but paying out my ass for bandwidth. I tried to live off from it and failed. MySpace eventually came along and soon my web site was killed off.

I started a strip club web site that I still own. At one time my user name was listed on the TOP 25 Grossing web sites for AWE's cam site. However, and it's quite interesting, that dollar amount was how much they made NOT me!!! I had all kinds of people inboxing me asking me how I'm able to make $15k every week. I was earning about $1,500/mo. They changed their payment algorithm and eventually I started sending 10's of thousands of visitors to their site to make single digit dollars. I X'd it quickly.

I landed an auto group as a client of mine. I made a special finance web site for them which failed miserably. I then met with the General Manager at one of the dealers that wanted to partner with me. He was the investor and I was the brains. "We" created special finance sites and used Google adwords to promote them. The sites were very successful with lead generation. In fact, we were generating 30+ auto sales a month out of his store from the leads. We started leasing these sites to other dealerships. At one point we were "making" $30k per month but the majority of that money went to Google. I was yet again screwed by my business partner because he didn't make good on my cut.

I finally submitted to my failure and went back to work. I got a job at a car dealership selling cars. I failed because I was too nervous to approach people so they fired me. I then went to work at another dealership and quit after my manager belittled me in front of everyone. I built my confidence up over time and stupidly went to work at the same dealership my business partner ran. Despite being someone you can't trust....he taught me the business. And I had this great opportunity to work the leads that my own web site generated. Everyone at the dealer thought I was some tech genius. My first year I only made $55k. My next year I made about $70k. I approached the VP of the company with an idea I had for a web site to produce new car leads. I was promoted to their Internet Manager then soon the Business Development Manager for their stores due to my marketing/technical background. I was making near six figures at the time I was canned due to "budget cuts".

Down on my luck...I spent the next 9 months on unemployment making web sites and trying to "make something happen". Nothing happened. So I went back to work at a dealer. I was hired as a Business Development Director making over 6 figures. Life seemed awesome... Spent an entire year working every hour of my life until I was....CUT due to a change in senior management. They replaced me with someone who had 0 experience and only lasted 3 weeks.

In a panic I then used my connections to quickly get a job at another dealership doing the same type of work. Now my income is south of 6 figures but I needed work. While working at this job I made great contacts in the industry through vendors and pursued my dream of starting my own web based service for dealerships. It was very premature and I wasn't profitable yet.

Months later I received a random call from a company who invited me to Georgia for a job interview. I accepted a 6 figure job that involved extensive travel. It was something different but I needed to break out of my comfort zone. While working for this company something great happened. We were bought by a billion dollar company for over 135 million dollars. Now we have over 300 employees, incredible insurance, and an awesome pension plan. I never stopped pursuing my dream. I still have clients that I do marketing for and have even recruited DP'ers for my side social media business. While in my current position I discovered the need for a software product that doesn't exist. In my spare time I am working on this web based tool. My goal is to launch this product and use my contacts and resources to get it out there. Will it ever happen? I don't know but I'm very positive and I'm excited about it.

I am not at my goal. I am not where I want to be in life. But I'm very happy and blessed to be making an outstanding income while I pursue my ultimate dream. Now that I no longer live in poverty I don't have the stress associated with it. I also had a long term girlfriend leave me because her family didn't see potential in my future to provide for her. They were wrong. She was wrong. Any way....there is no difference between you and I. There isn't. All you have to do is start taking baby steps toward the right direction you want to go. Sometimes we start heading down the wrong path and don't know when to turn around. You don't need to back track on all the miles you have traveled... All you have to do is steer toward a different direction and see where it takes you. Never in a million years would I imagine I would be where I am today. In fact, it doesn't seem that long ago that I was cruising the employment section in desperation looking for janitorial jobs. What if.......

You will be presented with many open doors in life. God leaves it up to you to determine which door to enter. But either way...you have to walk through one.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
    matt_62, malky66 and sarahk like this.
  10. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just look forward and not back. Now take action and you will see things will change to the better.

fionix, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you need to watch some motivational videos or something. Get your mind right and start thinking positive so you can take action and turn your life around! You're definitely not too old, get that out of your head right now.

cronik, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  12. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I got a little tired after a decade & a half.

DinoJRG, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I quite understand how difficult it must be for you to buck yourself up and get going again esp. after all the bads/misfortunes you've been through till now. However, the tiredness or any type of negativity you're experiencing will pass away soon.

You've received some wonderful advice throughout this thread so far. You just need to focus more on the positive. Trust me on this one – though it usually takes time, you'll get back on track and see some good things happening. But you've to start from somewhere. 'Well begun is half done.' - Aristotle. Anyway, nothing can be done about what's happened in the past. But you can use it to better your present and eventually the future. You've got one asset that's more precious than anything else and which no one ever can take away from you – real life experiences. Everything else like money, trade skills etc. can acquired or developed again. Even broken relationships can be mended or new ones made. Failures and tough times teach you more than successes and good luck if you take them properly and are willing to learn from them. They are indeed opportunities to perform and become better. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll have to do something in any case.

Two examples that always inspire me and get me moving when I feel low are the life stories of Abraham Lincoln and Colonel Sanders (KFC).
    1) Abraham Lincoln:
    http://www.kazantoday.com/WeeklyArticles/abraham-lincoln.html
    2) Colonel Sanders (KFC):
    http://yourstory.com/2012/07/the-st...t-65-and-failed-1009-times-before-succeeding/

Hope it helps.

Content Maestro, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  14. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Great read. I didn't expect the ending. But at 35, you are still young and can bounce back. You just need to get that motivation, that fire inside of you to bounce back. Don't look at the past with regret. Look at it as valuable experience. You are still young. You are healthy. There is no price to that.

ablaye, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need a pep talk. You have already quit. So now it's time to move on. There's no point in logging in to Digital Point anymore and replying here. You are done. You quit. Get another hobby...

NetStar, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  16. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    I want to do what you do though.

DinoJRG, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  17. unity100

unity100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I dont know where did i dig this thread from, but i did. quite insightful read.

to the op;

99-2015 you acquired a HELL LOT of an experience in seo/webmastering, even project management (dealing with coders to make you scripts and then market them properly and whatnot).

With that experience it is appalling that you didnt enter the business of rendering contract work to clients. Seo, webmastering, whatever.

that kind of experience would bring you heaps of money, legitimate, proper, if you start from a place like elance.com. and the reputation would add up. properly contracted, solid and protected escrow jobs. with 'a place like elance.com', i mean elance.com, by the way. not rentacoder or freelancer or the like. the quality of contractors and clients in elance cannot be compared with any of the others.

go there, whip up a proper profile, post your references, past work - describe them even if you cannot directly link or reference them -, and then start bidding for projects in your expertise area. bid small first, even do 2-3 jobs for minimum bids to get proper feedback, and then start bidding from entry level. research the average job prices and hourlies in your expertise area first.

with that kind of experience you would soon become a renowned expert in your field soon with some applied discipline.

unity100, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  18. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When does this start to make sense?

NetStar, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  19. unity100

unity100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    meaning?

unity100, Feb 18, 2015 IP