1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 1&1 webhosting default page is not removing....

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bikram_068, Dec 10, 2009.

HI everyone...
    I have a new domain hosted with 1&1 webhosting service.
    I have installed there wordpress and there is no any index.html or other
    default files in the root folder.

Problem is that , when i click my site on browser, this shows the
    default page of 1&1 webhosting.

Can u suggest me how to remove default page of 1&1 hosting services.

Headached Boy...

bikram_068, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. sagarrai000

sagarrai000 Peon

Best Answers:
    First delete thier file index.html and than install wordpress at your root server.

sagarrai000, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  3. bikram_068

bikram_068 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is not a single file in root folder...i have installed wordpress there..but
    the default folder automatically shows when clicked..

what to do???
    dhiraj.

bikram_068, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a common problem in 1&1, By doing it again and again, you will get rid of it.
    - Delete their files
    - Logout and then upload your files by loggin in back.

It will work!~

GIF, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  5. ehstudios

ehstudios Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey bikram_068! I know this is probably one of the last things you want to hear and I cannot stand it when people don't answer questions directly and talk about something that is slightly relevant to the post but trying to guide the thread-poster in another direction... But I have been down the 1&1 road before and I can tell you that in the beginning it was ok but everything got worse and worse as time went by.

I was with them for two or three years before I left them and I would suggest you do the same immediately. Everything about their service is inferior, everything from the way their FTP works all the way up to how they even handle sub-domains on the server.

I apologize for being a debby downer but I don't like seeing people helplessly heading down the path I was once on that caused my life a major amount of problems. Maybe your situation will be better than mine (and a few of my buddies as well), and I really hope it ends up that way, but please be on the watch for that company!

ehstudios, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  6. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    If there's no default file in the root directory, that may be 1&1's solution to not displaying a directory index.

Make sure the index.php file from a typical WordPress installation is there. If not, download the same version of WP and upload index.php to the WP folder.

fierceservers, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  7. richy_rich

richy_rich Peon

Best Answers:
    It might be the default parking pages on apache error, so a 403 forbidden, or 404, file not found.

If you installed WP then it probably went to a sub folder in your space, not the root folder, and so if you login to 1&1 control panel and set the domain to that folder, you should find that it works.

http://www.faq.1and1.com/domains/using_and_setting_up_the_domain_/2.html

If you supply your domain, can have a look.

1&1 are rather stable and good for hosting of forums and similar, they offer a really easy upgrade path from shared hosting to dedicated servers if you get a really busy site.

richy_rich, Dec 14, 2009 IP