1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple topic blog a good idea? How should I get started?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Tomato of Justice, Apr 13, 2016.

Hi all. I ran a really small blog a while ago but now I want to get into it seriously.

Basically, I want to start a blog - but I don't have any one topic to write about but many, from topics ranging from anime, video games, singing, voice acting, to self-improvement and mental health. Oh, and I want to share my writings on it as well.

So I guess you could say it's more of a personal website in a blog (I plan to use Wordpress as well) I've been advised to not spread my resources so thin but I really do have a lot to say about each topic.

Does anyone have any advice or tips to share? I'm going to take the social media/SEO approach as well as start multiple social media accounts to promote it.

Tomato of Justice, Apr 13, 2016 IP
  2. The Soul Explorer

The Soul Explorer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My points of view to your question is that if you are going to discuss different topics.

You should create multiple websites to write the specific topic.

For example, health topic, you should create a website for health only.

The Soul Explorer, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  3. Localnode

Localnode Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal suggestion is to start with one topic.
    If you can consistently post four articles per month, then you could look at branching out.
    The important thing to note is - you need regular content.

It depends, however if this is just a personal blog or a blog dedicated to these topics. If it's a personal blog - I don't see anything wrong with having multiple topics. But if it's a dedicated blog - or a money making blog - separate them.

Localnode, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I fail to see how there is a difference between "personal blog" and "money making blog" - at least in my country, the bloggers making the most money are "personal" blogs, usually from teenagers (mostly girls) blogging about everything and anything (and pushing content and affiliate links).

PoPSiCLe, Apr 24, 2016 IP
  5. Jamesthegreat

Jamesthegreat Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some risks for sure. Will you be strong enough to win with niche websites which discuss topics individaully and in more detail?

Perhaps it's better to have your personal blog as then you can include anything you wish and just create categories. Then, all your life is your topic no matter if it's anime or singing.

Nevertheless, trying and testing would be best if you have time and energy to do it :).

PS: In your blog you can always explain the reason for a veriety of topics discussed as blogs are for people like you. They would understand if you remained honest and focused on them.

Jamesthegreat, May 10, 2016 IP