1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple plugins with one membership system

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CarlBlogger, Jun 29, 2015.

I'm looking to use WordPress with three different plugins. I haven't picked the plugins yet but I want the website to have:

• A current job vacancy board
    • Current discounts/offers available (e.g. tickets available for sale)
    • Current accommodation available
    I need a membership system which will allow people to sign up via WordPress and then gain access to those three sections.

Will this work and any plugin recommendations? Thank you!

CarlBlogger, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  2. CarlBlogger

CarlBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't seem to edit my post above, it only gives me the option to bump.

I want the user who is logged in to be able to post to all three plugins if they need to...

Any idea anyone? I'd really like it integrated with Facebook so they don't have to re-register on my site.

CarlBlogger, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In theory those plugins are going to need a front end. I would have to take a look at things to advise you accordingly. There are quite a few ways to go about this sort of thing.

Nigel Lew, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  4. CarlBlogger

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of running BBPress for the accommodation and offers part. I'm using a jobs plugin for the Vacancy board. I'm then running a normal login over that to access restricted content and make posts, works pretty well. Not a long term solution but one that seems ok.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your reply.

CarlBlogger, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would need to know a few things. But rather than normal login I would probably use theme my login which does a range of things and perhaps this as well http://codecanyon.net/item/userpro-user-profiles-with-social-login/5958681

It sounds like you are trying to do a bunch of stuff under one roof. Mechanically speaking that is probably ok. For instance for the classified section maybe this https://wordpress.org/plugins/another-wordpress-classifieds-plugin/ or https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/

I would need to know what you mean by accommodations to answer that part. The membership end of things is fairly trivial to deal with. I would focus on getting folk around the site first. Userpro will largely tackle that though.

Nigel Lew, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  6. CarlBlogger

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply Nigel.

I'll try and explain a little better what I am trying to achieve.

Basically I want the any visitor to be able to view (not use) these three pages

• Job vacancy board
    • Current discounts/offers available
    • Current accommodation available
    I then want a person to be able to login with their Facebook (FB connect) and then if they log in they can interact with the sections by posting in them etc. The integration needs to be seamless so that the signup process is as easy as a click of a button.

I am using WP Job Manager for their job vacancy board at the moment.

I believe the other two can be sort of message boards. Ideally I want the accommodation section to be a fully fledged estate plugin which enables the user to post pictures/details of the accommodation they have available.

The discounts/offers section can be similar to a Facebook wall or group where users can simply drop messages about what they have available. If this can be searchable then this would be ideal as well.

I hope that makes sense.

CarlBlogger, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the classified plugin works fine for that end of things. I dont think a forum is all that intuitive to get things done but its not a bad idea to have one in this case. I would need to take a look at how you are going things. I am a tad busy today but I am happy to help as a general rule. If you have skype I can probably free up some time this afternoon to help get it sorted. I figure this sort of thing out for a living.

Nigel Lew, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  8. CarlBlogger

Best Answers:
    Hi Nigel,

Sorry I'm a bit strapped for time to have a chat but I appreciate you putting aside the time. I'm flying at the moment and travelling around so I find it a bit hard to arrange the time.

I am going to use the classifieds plugin you pointed out. I have the jobs board plugin and now I'm just looking for a Bbpress alternative I think, seems a bit complex for the average user who just wants to drop a message.

Edit: I installed the classified plugin and it works really well for both the offers and accommodation. Perfect! I have the two plugins that will do the job now. Cheers Nigel.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    CarlBlogger, Jul 5, 2015 IP