1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple facebook accounts allowed since december 09 TOS Change??

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by panacheweb, Mar 28, 2010.

I have been hunting around for an answer to this one, since facebook help is utterly useless..

I have two accounts one for business and one for personal. The personal account is for friends and family, and the business is for those associates and my facebook pages.

I have hunted up and down in the TOS to find WHERE it clearly states no multiple accounts. I have read everything that is listed as a TOS, and can not find an answer.

However when I dig up archive.org from 2008 it does clearly state one account. But in the dec 09 terms, it does not...

Yes I have two separate email addresses on both accounts, same ip..

New policy change??

Any one have any answers as to if this is true??

panacheweb, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. panacheweb

panacheweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am guessing no one has an answer to this??

panacheweb, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  3. fhs3

fhs3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think same IP address is the main problem for using two account.Because I also face the same problem before few a days.

fhs3, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  4. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same IP is a problem. They will ban you if they catch you.

MyHub, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  5. panacheweb

panacheweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had the accounts for months now I decided to actually put the business account to use and make pages on it... facebook TOS says nothing, however their help section says no multiple accounts..

and there is NO way to transfer the facebook pages to a new owner at this time.. and I dont want to risk losing those pages...

panacheweb, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  6. sweetrock82

sweetrock82 Member

Best Answers:
    you need to be really careful 'coz if they catch you, you may loose both of your accounts, try to use different ip if possible that's what i know about Facebook.

sweetrock82, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  7. tFGx

tFGx Peon

Best Answers:
    What if you have several people in a household all of which want to have a Facebook page? Are you saying, for example, Mom and Dad and Daughter and Son, all in the same household have to share one account? They cannot have their own account?

that sounds a bit off to me ... in fact it sounds wrong.

anyone?

tFGx, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  8. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    This is a pretty hard policy for them to police and enforce actually... Same IP shouldn't mean didly... As tFGx said, it would make absolutely NO sense for them to try to detect duplicate accounts by same IP because many people in a single household could have the same IP. IF they even bother to look for duplicates, it's likely by looking for several common duplicated profile data like birthdates, name, high school, etc. It's quite possible for a father and son to have the exact same name in the same household (i.e. IP) and still be legitimate, so they can't just look at IP or even IP+name...

For some reason, I want to say they make you confirm you don't already have an account when you set up a new one... but it's been a while since I've needed to create a new account. They likely use the honor system and the "threat" to deter people from creating duplicates. But in reality it would be hard to enforce.

social-media, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  9. tFGx

tFGx Peon

Best Answers:
    After a bit of research it looks as if Facebook is limiting accounts to one account per email address, not per ip address or household.

Thats what I believe I read. If anybody has any additional information please let us know.

tFGx, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  10. Namjies

Namjies Peon

Best Answers:
    panache, have your pages on your personal account. Whenever you interact with people on your pages, it's always as the Page, not you. No reason not to have your business stuff on your personal account. Facebook features were made to make it convenient to have it "all in one". I personally have my pages/ads/etc. on my personal account.

Namjies, Apr 5, 2010 IP