1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple blogs and strategy

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Parislaine, Aug 10, 2013.

I want just your opinion,
    I have several blogs (blogger) with adsense. I'm writting around 20 articles per blogger, without doing any advertissement at all, and i don't know if it is a good strategy on the long term. The last month I make around 985 doll the month, 4 of them give me the most, and the other one add a lot of dollars.
    I may have 20-25- on which I have adsense (not sure to tell the truth), I don't check "google analytics, google tools..." what I doing it's written, add adsense and expecting money.

According my scorecard (from blogger) my revenue optimization in 2 stars, sometimes 1 (on 5 stars).

My question is regarding multiple blogs, what is the best strategy?
    Do i have to take a break and improve my seo strategy and everything else?
    Is it a good strategy to run and run like that, with no plan even if i'm making money?
    I was thinking about putting them together in a big website, but i'm afraid of duplicate content.

Thank you to help me to enlighten me.

Parislaine, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell you that I used to have a ton of blogs... (Like over 10).

Ultimately I gave up.

I found that having one or two blogs is much more feasible.

To me, the number one problem was a lack of quality content.

Each of my blogs should have at least ONE blog post per day (and those blog posts are then published and promoted on the different social sites for link juice and traffic).

So, the problem for me was a lack of CONTENT.

In my opinion each blog needs one quality post per day.

So, if you can produce that much content (long term) more power to you.

But it might prove to be too much work.

Maybe narrow down your efforts so you can focus on a few blogs, and make them REALLY high quality?

Hope this helps.

CandleKeep, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  3. Parislaine

Parislaine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Candlekeep, that's help a lot.
    Those 2 lasts year I keep writing, and I'm starting to relax a little bit, it was demanding. But now I have so many and I want to control them.
    My huge problem is each time that i'm thinking about an idea of blog, i'm creating one, I keep the enthusiasm for about 16 articles and after I'm fed up.
    But it's a lot of works. I need to change my strategy.

Thanks again

Parislaine, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You must own a different blog for each niche.
    You don't have to add new articles to each of your blogs. 16 articles on a blog is fine even if you forget it for a few years. Most of the time, you don't need fresh content at all. But you will always need quality and relevant content, relevant to the old posts of your blog, relevant to the domain of your blog.
    Don't combine your existing blogs. Leave them as is. In the future, don't create a new blog unless its niche will be really different.

makeit easy, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  5. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I usually connect my blogs with each other and have them in different niches but not too different so google wont see the link connection as a bad link. I am currently starting to make a few more blogs to boost my sites for now i have 3 with TLDs and 4 on subdomains :D

Shole93, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  6. Designer6

Designer6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would choose 2 blogs (most popular 2), import them to wordpress and start seo. The other blogs will keep earning for a short period of time, enough for you to have the other 2 running perfectly. Thus you would have more time for the blogs and you would deliver higher quality and a larger quantity of posts to each blog.

Designer6, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  7. Parislaine

Parislaine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you, all, you are very helpful...Yes, I'm connecting all my sites together...I'm trying to put 6 connections on each (I have really to control that also, for them to be more logic).
    They are not bad qualities sites, but I have to put more content. Thank you for your help.
    I will try to swallow all and work with them.

Big thanks

Parislaine, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. Susan Garrett

Susan Garrett Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Makeit Easy. Good content is always what matters when people go to your site. But even if you do have relevant or unique content, you still need to be able to put up at least one per day. I suggest you keep 1 to 2 blogs. Again, it’s not the pictures or graphics that they look at, it’s always the content. Without a good one, nothing really works.

Susan Garrett, Aug 27, 2013 IP