1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

multiple adsense units on a page?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Juls, Apr 30, 2005.

I was wondering how do you get more than 1 adsense unit to show up on a page? For some reason all of the pages that I have tried to display a banner and a sky scraper only the sky scraper will show.

I initially tried just using the regular code for url channels but when that didnt work i tried creating specific channels for them ex. pos1 & pos2 but even that didnt work.

I have seen it done and they used separate channel ids, however I cant get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Juls

Juls, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  2. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    It may be that there google does not have enough inventory to place ads in all the units in your page. Do you have an alternate color or alternate ad in place for this?

tlainevool, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  3. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem while placing two units on some of the pages on my photography site. These pages had quite a bit of text and I wanted to place two ad units: one near the top and one in the middle or at the bottom. It's working now and so I know that Google had enough ad inventory to do this. But, I realised that it only worked with certain combinations of ad types.

When I placed two ad blocks that were "incompatible", I didn't get anything (white space). If this had been an inventory issue, I should have seen public support ads, but that wasn't happening.

I think this is some kind of bug in Adsense. I know it's a bit frustrating but I would recommend changing the ad blocks until you find two blocks that work together on the same page.

dfsweb, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  4. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the suggestions :)

I really want a sky scraper and banner to work together but i guess they just dont mix well ;-)

I guess I will have to find another combination.

Juls, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  6. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I run combinations all the time. Are these new pages not yet indexed by google? Are you reloading using ctl + f5?

mjewel, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  7. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ya they are new pages not yet indexed.

yep reloading with ctl + f5.

should i wait until it is indexed? I thought that the new adsense bot checked the pages on load now.

thnx

Juls, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  8. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why people want to display more adsense ads on their page. Maybe you think the more ads is the better, but for me I just display one ads each page on one adlinks and I'm doing well with that. If you displaying only one type of ads, the ads will be more relevant to your site but if you display multiple ads, its maybe not displayed at all or the ads is not relevant to your content.

alang, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  9. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it may have had something to do with the end of the month. I noticed that only one set of ads were showing on some of my pages over the past few days. I'm hoping that the new month will bring more ads.

justtara, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    This usually occurs when there aren't enough ads to go around the page. When your page is displaying ads already, you won't get a public service ad on the same page. You get left with 'white space' if you haven't made an alternate to be displayed instead. At least that's my experience.

If this happens a lot, you would be better to show an alternate ad instead. It's better than white space usually and easily set up.

mcfox, May 1, 2005 IP
  11. spiderman05

spiderman05 Banned

Best Answers:
    I've put 2 Adsense on my blog yesterday. I had an empty space last night. But now, both Ad units are showing up and they have the same time. Maybe one should just wait until Google's spider visits to web site in order to get the other Ad units show up.

spiderman05, Apr 12, 2006 IP