1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple Adsense Ads

Discussion in 'Payments' started by softstor, Oct 31, 2005.

Google allows up to 3 adsense ads on a webpage. Will only displaying one adsense ad pay higher than if I display 3 adsense ads?

softstor, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    The highest paying ads will be displayed first, if that's what you're asking.

exam, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  3. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

Which of the top adsense ads would pay higher?

A) Website displaying three adsense ads.

B) Website displaying only one adsense ad.

softstor, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  4. MentaLRZ

MentaLRZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on placement and ide create a channel for each ad so you know which one is best placed :p

MentaLRZ, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  5. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    So it sounds like I should place the 3 adsense ads and not worry about how much per click?

softstor, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  6. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    What i have noticed is that Google displays ad randomly with very little priority to high paying ads in Content Network.

Nokia999, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  7. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I have observed in the past, that most of the time, the ads at the top of the website pay higher than ads at the bottom of the website. The only thing that I could not verify if there were any factors in the number different of ads on a page.

softstor, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  8. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Google does display the highest paying (where highest paying = CTR * CPC) at the top of the page. The "top" ones are those that are first in the HTML.

Whether or not a single ad on a page vs three ads on the page ads up to more earnings varies from page to page. The only way to know what works on your site is to try it out and see which performs better.

One general rule I have heard is that if you have a very long page (where the user has to scroll a lot) its best to place several ads.

It obviously also depends on how many ad are displayed per unit. If you are using small 125x125 buttons, three units probably wouldn't be a problem.

tlainevool, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  9. Jackson_Hu

Jackson_Hu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes , I have done some tests to put the ad in different place and the result is the top ads recv higher than other place .

something interesting is I have two web sites one with one ad only and the other web site has three ads .What I discover is the web site with one ad always gets higher gain than the three ads one .But however the three ads one get more clicks than the one ad web site :cool:

Jackson_Hu, Nov 17, 2005 IP